DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I'm really glad to hear that (supposedly) the quality will be much better moving forward! That and the removal of pin holes in the legs makes me excited once again for this line.

I know someone posted an email address for contacting DC about broken figures a while back. Does anyone know what that email is?

I'm really glad to hear that (supposedly) the quality will be much better moving forward! That and the removal of pin holes in the legs makes me excited once again for this line.

I know someone posted an email address for contacting DC about broken figures a while back. Does anyone know what that email is?

[email protected]

Part of me wants to email them and ask for clarification about whether the hip holes are gone for good, and whether or not they'll actually resolicit the wave 1 figures without them/with better plastics. It was kind of ambiguous in the video, as it seemed kind of like they were talking about gradually phasing it out.

Ask em'. It won't hurt.

I think they were being coy personally. They know they're walking on eggshells. I know the one guy (Kevin?) said that the issues were fixed before Wave 2 went into production, but I don't see how that's possible. Wasn't wave 2 slated for December/January? Unless they knew about Wave 1's problems before people got them and complained, I have a hard time believing that Wave 2 wouldn't follow suit. I mean, wouldn't there be some Wave 2 that would go into production with the bad plastic considering they were planned well before people received Wave 1 in hand? Wave 1 and 2 were together almost simultaneously.

We'll just have to wait and see. I can't see them messing up again personally. That'd be a bad move.

Silly question, where can I order these figures by the wave/case instead of individually?

Ask em'. It won't hurt.

I think they were being coy personally. They know they're walking on eggshells. I know the one guy (Kevin?) said that the issues were fixed before Wave 2 went into production, but I don't see how that's possible. Wasn't wave 2 slated for December/January? Unless they knew about Wave 1's problems before people got them and complained, I have a hard time believing that Wave 2 wouldn't follow suit. I mean, wouldn't there be some Wave 2 that would go into production with the bad plastic considering they were planned well before people received Wave 1 in hand? Wave 1 and 2 were together almost simultaneously.

We'll just have to wait and see. I can't see them messing up again personally. That'd be a bad move.

I think the original Wave 2 was already ready to go by the time the QC issues news broke (around November).
The original date was December, but, with all the backlash going on, maybe they completely cancelled the original figures from Wave 2 and 3.
Notice that there was no news on Wave 2 and 3 release dates until late January.

Personally, I think they restarded production with new plastic (and hopefully sans hip holes) around December. I don't think that would be too difficult to happen, since all the prototypes (i.e. sculpt, design, etc) already existed. They would just need a new plastic, basically.
By the time they were confident about the new figures, they set the new release date: someday in March.

Well, I sent it. Now comes the hard part.:lol I asked about Wave 2, the hip holes, and a wave 1 resolicit with the changes in effect.

Part of me wants to email them and ask for clarification about whether the hip holes are gone for good, and whether or not they'll actually resolicit the wave 1 figures without them/with better plastics. It was kind of ambiguous in the video, as it seemed kind of like they were talking about gradually phasing it out.

They said in one video that they're definetly gonna reissue wave 1. And we can tell from the lack of hip holes. Batman sold out everywhere from what I can tell, they definitely wanna reprint him

His exact words were, "In future waves we'll try to minimize that as much as possible. You'll know that it's a later wave because you'll be able to see that the pins are kind of (he did a quotation mark hand gesture for some reason) covered up a little bit better"

Between the "kind of", the quotation mark hand gesture, and "covered up a little bit better"....you can't get more cryptic than that :lol We might have to hire a body language expert to tell us what he's really saying :lol

They said in one video that they're definetly gonna reissue wave 1. And we can tell from the lack of hip holes. Batman sold out everywhere from what I can tell, they definitely wanna reprint him

Batman is still widely available everywhere. I don't know where you been looking, but he's not sold out.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Is Bane out of scale?

Timm_[OverTheEdge]_Batman_&_Bane_OPC.jpg

Toy-Fair-2015-DC-Collectibles-Batman-the-Animated-Series-6-of-15.jpg

I don't think so. If you look closely at the pic you posted, his legs are spread wider apart, so, in that pose, he should look shorter. Same goes for Batman. His knees are bent and it almost looks like his legs are barely off the ground. Honestly, my most wanted Bane figure from this line is still the suited version from TAS. I always thought the purple tights under the black leotard looked kind of ridiculous, but, for some reason, the luchador in a suit and fedora look just...worked.:lol

Ultimately, I like TNBA Bane a bit more than standard TAS Batman, even if he is a bit "gimpy."

Nightwing is 5.75'' and Bane is 6.25'', but I'm not sure what batman's height is...probably 6'' inches or a little less.

I'm pretty sure Batman was 6.25", as well, if I'm not mistaken.

I found some of the heights. Batman is 6.25". Either the official info on Bane is wrong, or he's the same height as TNA Batman. New adventures Killer Croc is 7''

Nightwing is 5.75''

Batman is exactly 6.25" (the figure anyway) you're right.

The thing I hate is how they made Nightwing 5.75", but they made/are going to make BTAS Robin 5.25". It's the same dude right?

Back