DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Is animated Nolanverse in your plans? [emoji120]

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

I always feel this mini downer when I go visually from Burton/Schumacher designs to Nolan designs, as much as I love them, the designs of the Dark Knight trilogy aren't as fun as ones I grew up with.

That Robin is so ****ing good. That metallic sheen you put on Robin and Batgirl remind me of the toys from the 90s. I'd love to see the Forever Robin done in that way too.

I guarantee DC Collectibles is seeing this and kicking themselves. I swear they were "inspired" by some of the things Zelu has done, like the Selina Kyle head he did for his Catwoman, among other things.

Thing is, those movie renditions could easily fit into their "Adventures Continues" line.

Wave 1

- Keaton Batman (running change to '98 ab and symbol printing to '92 armor and symbol)
- Nicholson Joker
- Vicki Vale
- Returns Catwoman
- Returns Penguin

Wave 2

- Kilmer Batman (Sonar)
- Robin
- Alfred
- Two-Face
- Riddler

Wave 3

- Clooney Batman
- Robin
- Batgirl
- Mr. Freeze
- Poison Ivy

1355962152_4.jpg

My goodness. Just stunning. I would buy the whole wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

These customs render me without the speech.

Thanks so much!

Awesome! Is animated Nolanverse in your plans? [emoji120]

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

Not yet but it's possible. I want to make Harley Quinn as well but I haven't decided what costume yet

I always feel this mini downer when I go visually from Burton/Schumacher designs to Nolan designs, as much as I love them, the designs of the Dark Knight trilogy aren't as fun as ones I grew up with.

Agree, maybe those movies not always were great but costumes were always amazing imo.

That Robin is so ****ing good. That metallic sheen you put on Robin and Batgirl remind me of the toys from the 90s. I'd love to see the Forever Robin done in that way too.

I guarantee DC Collectibles is seeing this and kicking themselves. I swear they were "inspired" by some of the things Zelu has done, like the Selina Kyle head he did for his Catwoman, among other things.

Thing is, those movie renditions could easily fit into their "Adventures Continues" line.

Wave 1

- Keaton Batman (running change to '98 ab and symbol printing to '92 armor and symbol)
- Nicholson Joker
- Vicki Vale
- Returns Catwoman
- Returns Penguin

Wave 2

- Kilmer Batman (Sonar)
- Robin
- Alfred
- Two-Face
- Riddler

Wave 3

- Clooney Batman
- Robin
- Batgirl
- Mr. Freeze
- Poison Ivy

View attachment 485960

I would be happy to work with DCC on this line! I just hope they don't steal my idea without any credit ...

You guys do realize DCC versions of these figures would never be as good, right?

If only though...

Some random on Facebook says he knows someone who works for dc collectibles and they told him they're rereleasing/relaunching every figure. Not sure if he's just trying to get the secondary market prices to drop or it's actually true. i think hes meaning with the cell shading, but hes saying it will be every figure theyve made so far, not just the few they announced already.

Some random on Facebook says he knows someone who works for dc collectibles and they told him they're rereleasing/relaunching every figure. Not sure if he's just trying to get the secondary market prices to drop or it's actually true. i think hes meaning with the cell shading, but hes saying it will be every figure theyve made so far, not just the few they announced already.

Good. Never got Two-Face.

Are you using standard stand for the figures?
I hate it.. I?d like to change mine but idk which one would be perfect for them

what are your guys thoughts on the effect on value of the original figures due to the cell shaded relaunches? im glad people can get figures they missed, but i also like knowing that the figures i already obtained (many were very difficult to get) will still have some decent value further down the line.

I have a hoarding problem. The Animated Series figures will probably remain in my possession until I die. So I am not too worried about their value. On the other hand, I want to sell the majority of my TNBA figures... I would like to at least get what I paid, since they are still unopened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh. I don’t really buy it. Even even this person on Facebook actually knows someone at DCC (which I doubt) and even if that person turns out to be the head guy with the final say-so (which I doubt) I wouldn’t look too forward to any figure getting reissued until we at least see the solicitations for them. Even the best plans or intentions can go awry and considering the state of the world right now with Covid19 a lot of plans might have been changed or scrapped. I’d never say this will absolutely not happen but even under normal conditions I’m not so sure they’ll go back into production with at least a few of these figures. And knowing how some people can be, even if the conversation between DCC guy and Facebook guy did occur or theoretically a conversation between DCC guy and his boss happened, I could see someone saying, “We’re going to TRY and rerelease everything.” and the person listening hears, “They are ABSOLUTELY rereleasing everything.” Or someone actually says to people, “We are rereleasing EVERYTHING.” but really they either don’t know for certain or the really mean, “We’re going to TRY and rerelease everything but most likely just the main or popular characters.” lol.

I’m just saying take it with a grain of salt like you seem to be doing already.

As far as your question about how do I feel about rereleases lessening the value of the originals... Can’t say I’m real worried. It’s nice to own valuable figures but I’m not currently looking to sell any of mine. It’s great for people who missed out on them before. I hope they do get reissued for those people.

On the topic of rereleases reducing value. I honestly don't collect because of some market value people associated with the piece. I collect a piece because there is some intrinsic value in it for me (generally nostalgia). If I only cared about resale values then why not just spend buy stocks or some other type of investment. While it is nice that some of my pieces in my collection raise in value significantly, I only derive value based on what I enjoy. I hope if they plan on doing rereleases they also try to add in new characters. I'm not a huge fan of the shadings, it doesn't look all that great.

Back