DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Those concept variants look amazing. I *wish* the regular versions looked as good. The sculpt, highlights and frown lines on that Thomas Wayne Batman are perfect. Imagine that on the very first BTAS Batman they did.

lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Those concept variants look amazing. I *wish* the regular versions looked as good. The sculpt, highlights and frown lines on that Thomas Wayne Batman are perfect. Imagine that on the very first BTAS Batman they did.

It’s ridiculous...even the upper body shade on Vamp Bats is perfect for Animated Batman

Just a humiliating missed opportunity to boost sales for this line :thud:

I’m pretty happy with those and if it means the line can continue to get some more original BTAS characters I’ll be happy.

I think we will see a better BTAS Bats like that Thomas Wayne one.

I’m pretty happy with those and if it means the line can continue to get some more original BTAS characters I’ll be happy.

I think we will see a better BTAS Bats like that Thomas Wayne one.

I hope you’re right..but I’m losing patience

What..we are over 100 figures by now and they still haven’t mastered the basic Batman yet..what in the hell are they waiting for :impatient:

I hope you?re right..but I?m losing patience

What..we are over 100 figures by now and they still haven?t mastered the basic Batman yet..what in the hell are they waiting for :impatient:

I don't think it's that many.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I really hate those shades. Yeah it is acceptable on batman?s cape as it was obviously highlighted in the original series but even the regular clothes get shadings and they look like huge spots.

I really hate those shades. Yeah it is acceptable on batman?s cape as it was obviously highlighted in the original series but even the regular clothes get shadings and they look like huge spots.

I like the idea of the shading, but with some of the figures like Harley, where they just put white lines under her breast, around her knee, and at the intersection of her cap and tassle, it looks ****ing terrible. I do like the white painted eyelids, tho.

I do not like the repaint of the Christmas Joker. I think metallic looks strange on what is supposed to be a Christmas sweater... They could have at least used this opportunity to replace the head sculpt with one from the Expressions pack.
I do have the original. So at least there is that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joker expressions reissue???
IMG_2329.jpg

Unfortunatley no, there was a video interview where DCD said that the group of figures at the start there were just a brief summary of where the line has come from.

Edit: Jim Fletcher said in a different interview that those are out to gauge potential interest in re-releases, so we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If they rerelease the Joker expressions pack and paint the eyes yellow like they should have done in the first place, I'll get it.

So glad they're releasing Christmas Joker with a repainted headsculpt. I never managed to get the first release. Only thing I'm worried about is that he might not come with any of the original accessories, since DC Direct seems to forced to cut costs there.

Whew! where to start...

I like the idea of the shading, but with some of the figures like Harley, where they just put white lines under her breast, around her knee, and at the intersection of her cap and tassle, it looks ****ing terrible. I do like the white painted eyelids, tho.
I kinda agree with both of you. I think it really works on some of the figures but IMO not on most that I have seen so far. It works on some of the Batmen minus Azreal but I?d be fine if no one else had it.

I do not like the repaint of the Christmas Joker. I think metallic looks strange on what is supposed to be a Christmas sweater... They could have at least used this opportunity to replace the head sculpt with one from the Expressions pack.
I do have the original. So at least there is that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to bring this up myself sorta.
In all seriousness, can somebody please explain to me why metallic repaints are even a thing? I could understand if you had a figure like Cyborg or Steel that was previously done in matte colors but then was redone with a metallic paint but who the heck wears aluminum sweaters? This isn?t the first time I?ve seen something like this. 90% of the time it makes no sense to me. What is it I?m missing?

Joker expressions reissue???
View attachment 479739
I might actually pick one that up this time if that?s the case. Is Man-Bat gonna be reissued too? I?d like to see them make some slight adjustments to the existing Man-Bat and turn him into Man-Batwoman or Woman-Bat or Man-Wobat or She-Bat (Francine) or whatever she?s called.

From Pixel Dan’s video of DC Direct’s booth it sounds like Clock King and Rupert Thorne are never coming. The rep said they wish they could’ve gotten around to them.

From Pixel Dan’s video of DC Direct’s booth it sounds like Clock King and Rupert Thorne are never coming. The rep said they wish they could’ve gotten around to them.

Besides, Professor Pyg and Flamingo were mentioned for future

I mean why make characters like Rupert Thorne and the TNBA Penguin in a classic style when you can do grotesque things like Pyg?

Besides, Professor Pyg and Flamingo were mentioned for future

Yeah, I’m sure they’ll sell well. :lol

They’ll make a ton of obscure DC characters in the BTAS style, except for the ones fans want/actually appeared in the show. What a joke.

Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Why the **** are they rereleasing Tim and Barbara? Unless I'm missing something

They are releasing a new comic called "The Adventure Continues" by Paul Dini and Alan Burnett with art by Ty Templeton. The Bat-Family will be in the TNBA style so these new deco figures will be in the same line as the new character designs by Ty Templeton and be in direct support of the comic.

I can bet you it's a Licensing issue. McFarlane is going to want to redo as many characters as possible in their supposedly accurate Animated Style. Don't think they'll get to such obscure characters as Clock King and Rupert Thorne, but they're in license limbo now.

Back