DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I think ... that they should stick to the original carácters of the animated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear, I had that choice picked out last night. You can ask my brother, because that's what I texted him. [emoji39]
I think those legs could work for Darkseid too. That puts me in for the whole wave to be used as parts.

So, I heard a guy say on youtube last night that he talked to Jim yesterday about this new line. Jim said that they really want to squeeze the animated license dry, but are running out of characters and this "what if" line is their way of keep it going. I can't believe they can even think they're done with screen-accurate DCAU characters who would sell. ????

Outside of BTAS/TNBA, Lobo, Metallo, Lex Luthor, Toyman, Brainiac, Blight, Inque, Shriek, Mr. Freeze Beyond, Kalibak, Darkseid, Solomon Grundy, The Question, Huntress, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Cheetah, Killer Frost, Vixen, Jonah Hex, Hal Jordan, and JLU versions of Shayera and John Stewart still have yet to be done, and I have an extremely hard time imagining they would be hard to sell.

Last edited:

Any of you have the chance of talk directly with Jim Fletcher? We should tell him how many people are asking for a GCPD reissue, or a 1:1 reissue or a single packs of all they 5 characters.

I just wish that somebody at NYTF would ask Jim definitively what the WBCP acquisition and the McFarlane licensing means for the future of DC Collectibles/if they’re going to continue to produce toys and statues after that goes through.

I just wish that somebody at NYTF would ask Jim definitively what the WBCP acquisition and the McFarlane licensing means for the future of DC Collectibles/if they’re going to continue to produce toys and statues after that goes through.

Exactly.

Outside of BTAS/TNBA, Lobo, Metallo, Lex Luthor, Toyman, Brainiac, Blight, Inque, Shriek, Mr. Freeze Beyond, Kalibak, Darkseid, Solomon Grundy, The Question, Huntress, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Cheetah, Killer Frost, Vixen, Jonah Hex, Hal Jordan, and JLU versions of Shayera and John Stewart still have yet to be done, and I have an extremely hard time imagining they would be hard to sell.

Agreed, yes to all of those characters! They started Superman/Batman Beyond/Justice League lines it would be great if they could flesh them out with some of the other core heroes and villains.

I just want to know who the hell I’ve gotta blow to get these guys as a 7-pack:

sne7b8hlkbf2r9anwkza.jpg

Well, I believe that, as long as DCC is making "animated" figures, we can expect more BTAS and TNBA figures in the future... :dunno

same! why do we need another bulky Batman where there is a need for TNBA Penguin and Hatter and BTAS Red Claw, Maxie, Clock King, Lock Up and more...

Go home DCC, you are drunk!

Thank you for mentioning The Clock King. He's still the figure I want most and should not be forgotten.
Come on, he was in two "Batman: The Animated Series" episode and one "Justice League: Unlimited" episode! :impatient:

I'd prefer him with his original bowler hat look (rather than bald like on "Justice League Unlimited"), though, with all the cool gimmicks like clock hand glasses, exploding pocket watches, and clock hand sword. Both the black and brown suit are fine with me. I won't be very disappointed if one is chosen over the other. I guess if he was modeled after his "Time Out of Joint" look with the black suit, we might also get those nifty time-traveling devices as an accessory.

You know, I just realized we never got TNBA Penguin in the Kenner/Hasbro line either. At least Mattel eventually made one in a similar scale. I guess there’s still hope DCC will get to him.

This is a tough crowd.

It seems that because Todd has rights to offer characters from the various animated DC shows/films/videos, DCC is now offering Designer figures to complement the line.

Keep in mind, this is how DC Direct started; they offered figures of characters licensees couldn't or wouldn't offer to the mass market. Times have changed and now retailers and manufacturers are willing to offer a greater variety of characters so the loophole is smaller.

At least DCC is exploiting that loophole. I'll be taking one of each, please.

I'm still shocked we got Gray Ghost. The line is complete, IMO. I never imagined it would go this far. DC Collectibles did an amazing job :clap

It seems as if the figures shown of Azrael, Deathstroke and Red Hood don't have the same type of articulation as a lot of the other BTAS figures I've seen, particularity the hip area. Are they part of the same line or something different?

It seems as if the figures shown of Azrael, Deathstroke and Red Hood don't have the same type of articulation as a lot of the other BTAS figures I've seen, particularity the hip area. Are they part of the same line or something different?

There is a NYTF interview on youtube where they say they have updated/added articulation on the new animated figures. Scarecrow/Hardac/TwoFace/GreyGhost have the new articulation as well.

Cool, thanks for the reply. Nostalgia hitting hard lately for the toys of my younger years and I think it's time to update TAS collection. That Deathstroke and Azrael didn't make the convincing too hard to do - I dreamed of those figures as a little kid.

There is a NYTF interview on youtube where they say they have updated/added articulation on the new animated figures. Scarecrow/Hardac/TwoFace/GreyGhost have the new articulation as well.

There is. Doesn't mean it's not a stupid decision.

I think it's a result of the new art diector for the line.

So it seems the new articulation won’t be as good? I’m mainly concerned with the hip area, I’m not really that excited for slightly articulated statues.

Making figures with an animated style for characters that did not appear on the show while we are still waiting for more nba/btas figures does not make sense. This is silly.

Making figures with an animated style for characters that did not appear on the show while we are still waiting for more nba/btas figures does not make sense. This is silly.

Even if I like those new concept figures I agree with you. They already did something similar some times ago if you think. Jokermobile announced before Scarecrow wave... We all know how ended.. ^^" I hope at the very end of the line we can all got what we want but so far (TAS speaking) DCC did very good. TNBA still miss important characters, let's hope they will fix this. I collect mostly TAS stuff but I would totally buy a TNBA Alfred instead of the cave set one I passed.

Back