DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Honestly can't wait for these... Thinking about picking up a few of the Asylum/City figures...

As much as I like this new figure, I really can't wait for the original version. They will look great together even if they are similar in style. Still, nothing beats TAS version, imo.

This is a dream come true. This is the line I WISH we had back in the 90's. :drool

I'm sure this will be like their Arkham lines. We'll see 20 something Batmen figures with different colors and gimmick accessories. :lol

As long as we get the Classic BTAS figure, anything else is a bonus. I'd buy the "first" suit figure that was shown in flashback episodes like Robin's Reckoning, The Mechanic and the Mask of the Phantasm movie. I really dug how that looked.

BTAS-TNBA.jpg

Retro Batman from the Kenner line is one of my favorite figures because the look is so unique.

retrobatman.jpg

I'd also buy a HARDAC Batman from "His Silicon Soul", that'd be cool in 6" form while making use of the body tool.

BTASHARDAC.jpg

I've always wanted that Robo-Batman. Grail for me in this line!

As much as I like this new figure, I really can't wait for the original version. They will look great together even if they are similar in style. Still, nothing beats TAS version, imo.

Penguins_zps10f398c3.jpg
URL=https://s1279.photobucket.com/user/Theclownprinceofcrime1/media/1604447_350765965062115_808032271_n_zpsd85e18ef.jpg.html]

Man, I I really wish they were making statues like that one instead of the action figures.

Fear not, they'll do both.

:pray:

As long as we get the Classic BTAS figure, anything else is a bonus. I'd buy the "first" suit figure that was shown in flashback episodes like Robin's Reckoning, The Mechanic and the Mask of the Phantasm movie. I really dug how that looked.

BTAS-TNBA.jpg

Although I prefer the classic look for all the rogues, I like all the batman designs and might even prefer the new one. I like how angular it is, and I like the cape over the shoulders. Should make for a great figure.

Retro Batman from the Kenner line is one of my favorite figures because the look is so unique.

retrobatman.jpg

I have that. :cool:

So, do we know the scale on these for sure?

Nah, that's straight up bull right there. :lol

That's not a fair comparison at all, that figure is blown up on our monitors and is about 500% bigger than what it actually is. The paint apps aren't like that in person and are quite clean. Hell, that figure even looks used. Bet if we took the sample that is at Toy Fair right now, took a close up picture like that, it wouldn't hold up to scrutiny.

Try something a little more like this,

BATMANCOMPARE.jpg

Yeah I just took the 1st pic I found, still, I'd be lying if I say I don't see a huge improvement over the old one, but it's only natural.

The silhouette is better defined, the sculpt is so much better and the overall lines are so much cleaner, even with the extra articulation, as well as the paint apps are clearly much better, like I said it's only natural; better techniques that there used to be, bigger scale, even throw in the fact that it's only a prototype pic and there's chance that the retail product isn't that good, but from those pics (the ones you posted) I still see a big difference.

But a lot of those figures were/are great. If DCD make a Classic BTAS Batman, I don't care how superior it is, the original 1992/1993 Combat Belt Batman is one of the best Batman figures of all time. The sculpt, the accessories, the card, it's pure gold.

combatbeltbatman.jpg

That ain't nostalgia talking either. They literally don't make the equivalent figures like that any more. Current Hasbro and Mattel's figures close to that scale now are junk and they don't have anywhere near the number of playsets, vehicles or character selection that Kenner had.

This I can agree with, I still have 2 of those, one MiC which I have no idea how I managed to keep it like that as a child, I've always been a sucker for cloth capes and that is one gorgeous figure, it holds up against the best figures on that scale, in fact, it beats them all, I have mine standing next to the batmobile that you can remove the cockpit and it turns into a little batwing. :drool:

I can't call you out on nostalgia on this one, I have a lot of nostalgia for them myself, Still, I expect TAS Bats from this line to be way better.

Wish they had gone with 10", but I'll probably have to buy a few of these. Even 6" is quite a bit larger than the old Kenner figures.

Nah, that's straight up bull right there. :lol

That's not a fair comparison at all, that figure is blown up on our monitors and is about 500% bigger than what it actually is. The paint apps aren't like that in person and are quite clean. Hell, that figure even looks used. Bet if we took the sample that is at Toy Fair right now, took a close up picture like that, it wouldn't hold up to scrutiny.

Try something a little more like this,

BATMANCOMPARE.jpg

But you do see how the DCD figure is objectively better though right?

It might not be as valuable in the eyes of some collectors, but it's bigger, a sharper (far) more accurate sculpt, better paint, and better articulation.

Wish they had gone with 10", but I'll probably have to buy a few of these. Even 6" is quite a bit larger than the old Kenner figures.
To be honest I like this scale for these figures. I typically prefer my figures be either six inch or twelve inch because those are two common scales for figures so they fit in well with other figures easily. I don't like the random scale sizes like ten inch or whatever.

This is such awesome news. I still have some BTAS mint on card figures and I hope they go all in with this new lineup. Finally some articulation! :lol

You know what else would be cool? If they collected all of those Batman adventures books into a nice hardcover. They had some great stories.

Hopefully, we see Freeze and Two-Face within the next 24 hours.

Same here.... You guys think we will get some collector friendly boxes? Or just the normal arkham type packaging?? I wouldn't mind some boxes that have a view window much like the Figuarts boxes...

Can't wait for these.
I hope they get around to doing Two-face and Mr.Freeze

Can't wait for these.
I hope they get around to doing Two-face and Mr.Freeze

Those are actually part of the initial 4. :) They should be shown this weekend...

I constantly kick myself for not getting in on the ground floor of the Arkham lines. But these? No way am I missing out on a single release.

Sallah

You really think those weren't mass produced? Don't get me wrong I love the Kenner line too but I don't see why some people in here are skeptical on this line.
You miss my point. The new DC Direct one is a prototype. The old Kenner one obviously was mass produced. The question is, will the latter match the former once it gets in collectors' hands?

Back