DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Visible pegs are on 2014 figures, and when they were reissued, DC fixed the visibles pegs.

Have you noticed that all of the BTAS Batman figs have the visible side peg holes, too? Single carded, MOTP Bats, Expressions Batman, Signal and Deluxe Batmobile Bats.

And, to be honest, the side peg holes are shown on the proto images. Just zoom in the Ghost proto and you'll see them. Also present on the proto figs at SDCC and NYTF.

I, personally, don't mind them being on the sides. I'd be pissed if visible from the front, on the tighs, like the first figures.

Have you noticed that all of the BTAS Batman figs have the visible side peg holes, too? Single carded, MOTP Bats, Expressions Batman, Signal and Deluxe Batmobile Bats.

I can't see any leg holes here. Maybe we are collecting 2 differents toy line.

DC-Collectibles-Batman-The-Animated-Series-Mad-Love-Joker-and-Harley-Quinn-Box-Set-16.jpg
DC-Collectibles-Batman-The-Animated-Series-Ventriloquist-and-Scarface-Figure-15.jpg DC-Collectibles-Batman-The-Animated-Series-Holiday-Joker-Figure-16.jpg DC-Collectibles-Batman-The-Animated-Series-Zatanna-09.jpg DC-Collectibles-Batman-The-Animated-Series-Man-Bat-13.jpg gcpdroguesturnaround1.jpg gcpdroguesturnaround2.jpg
gcpdroguesturnaround3.jpg

I said the Batman figure specifically. The Bat himself. The Dark Knight. The one that drives the Batmobile.

Not even mentioned other characters.

I said the Batman figure specifically. The Bat himself. The Dark Knight. The one that drives the Batmobile.

Not even mentioned other characters.

And my post is referring to the new 4 figures that have the leg holes. If just Batman has the peg holes, he is an exception. The "rule" of this line is any leg holes at all. So if the new releases have peg holes like 2014, you can see that it's a step back.

Geez... Collecting shouldn’t be this stressful. First, people were like, “The line is dead! No chance we get Two-Face, Scarecrow, etc!” Then, people were like, “I’ll take what I can get. Please DCC, release these missing characters! If you don’t, the set is incomplete!” Now, they’re releasing the missing characters to complete the line and people are like, “This is a scam!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez... Collecting shouldn’t be this stressful. First, people were like, “The line is dead! No chance we get Two-Face, Scarecrow, etc!” Then, people were like, “I’ll take what I can get. Please DCC, release these missing characters! If you don’t, the set is incomplete!” Now, they’re releasing the missing characters to complete the line and people are like, “This is a scam!”

I pay for my figures, I don't get them for free. So if I preorder a figure, I would like to have what I paid for, not something that is a ripped version. I call it a scam, maybe for you it's a normal policy by DC. IMHO a manufacter should respect its customers giving you what you see on preorder pics/specs. For example I have never seen NECA giving something missing from their solicit pics. It is not a favor that DC is doing us giving figures, it's not for charity, we give them money for this. And the price tag of this line has grown a lot, giving us less and less (last but not the least: the figure stand with the turnoaround and the checklist sheet). These figures are 29$ and if your remember, the old figures of this line were about 24 $, and you got the stand and the many more accessories for 24$

I pay for my figures, I don't get them for free. So if I preorder a figure, I would like to have what I paid for, not something that is a ripped version. I call it a scam, maybe for you it's a normal policy by DC. IMHO a manufacter should respect its customers giving you what you see on preorder pics/specs. For example I have never seen NECA giving something missing from their solicit pics. It is not a favor that DC is doing us giving figures, it's not for charity, we give them money for this. And the price tag of this line has grown a lot, giving us less and less (last but not the least: the figure stand with the turnoaround and the checklist sheet). These figures are 29$ and if your remember, the old figures of this line were about 24 $, and you got the stand and the many more accessories for 24$

I suggest you cancel your PO, you clearly feel strongly about the missing pieces-you have every right to.

I personally cannot wait for the final 4, fabulous line that this has been I didn't expect to see these figures at all.

DC Collectibles solicits always has the disclaimer, "Final product may differ from image shown," and it's a little weird that some of the online retailers like BBTS don't appear to be including that with their preorders. Couple that disclaimer with the fact that they have been changing paintjobs here and there and cutting accessories with much more regularity in their action figure lines for years. Since don't like it, so I always wait until reviews and final product before I order something from them. That way, while I might be disappointed, I know what I would be getting. BBTS has an unfortunately somewhat rare policy where they allow people to cancel preorders for no penalty if the product was cheap enough that there was no NRD, and since you don't like what you'd be getting for your money, maybe do that, since that's where your preorders appear to be.

Last edited:

The problem is davidecit is bringing up excellent points with photo evidence, destroying most of the arguments like the absurd one where this guy was talking about Batman only when no one else was lol, yet I still see a lot of damage control being done for DC collectibles. Buy the figures, don't buy the figures, but at least call a spade a spade. They're cheaping out more and more and raising the price. I'll still be buying them because I'm an in box collector and don't play with toys, but I'm not going to sit here and argue FOR ****** business practices.

I want to be clear: I have all the characters and the vehicles of the "red" series (TAS). So I'm supporting this line since the beginning (5 years now).
I've done my part as "loyal customer", while I feel DC didn't behave well throughout this series.
When you say "wait for the figures are out, then you buy, not preorder them anymore", the result will be: "we got just few preorders, so we will cancel this figure", like DC already did with Joker Mobile and "¡Lucha Explosiva!" line.

So you make preorder to to support economically the line, and the results are the ones you can see with this wave. I know that something like paint apply can change from prototype to retail version, it's normal. But here we are talking about a big cut for accessories/quality of the figures. I can't think that DC would go bankrupt if they had covered the leg holes, or if they give us a figure stand like the previous releases. IMHO It' just a way to milk us, because they released their own stands line like the ones included with the Expressions Pack and now you are forced to buy them.
They know that we all are waiting to to complete the line, and they thought: even if we release two-face with just one leg, our customers will buy it.

20190217_110034.jpg

It feels like a really cynical move. Once the Batcycle is out I am happily done with DC. Been a long run but I've had enough of them.

lol.......................... yeah Im just happy we are getting figures, Im just really disapointed with no stands, as I have all my figures on them, and its going to look a bit strange without them. So please folks , sell me your stands, name your price, I will take 20 if U have them !!!!!!

By the way when is the batcycle meant to be out?

By the way when is the batcycle meant to be out?
I heard it’s now just going to be a highly articulated Batman figure with a helmet. DCC decided to cut out the Batcycle accessory. ;) lol

Anyhow I guess it’s scheduled for August.

It is unfortunate they are removing so many accessories from their figures between PO to release. It is a valid thing to complain about in the collecting world. They should at least do the honest thing and reveal these figures with the save amount, those that are 100% sure to be included and then surprise us with extra ones that make the margin when they lock the budget of each figure.

Inconsistency and gaps in logic has been a problem with this line from the beginning. Like the Joker figure (which they knew they'd get a lot of milage out of) not having ankle rockers- a baffling decision. The character took wide-legged poses all the time on the show.

Last edited:

I can understand dropping the stands from the figures if DCC is also offering better stands separately. Removing props is a d¡ck move, especially while keeping the same MSRP.

I'm with davidecit on this one. I'll continue to support the line AND call out DCC on crap like this.

I can only see Ivy and Freeze benefiting from new paint apps. Bane and Croc are perfect if you compare them to the show's models.

Hopefully they show off the new colors at SDCC.

I can understand dropping the stands from the figures if DCC is also offering better stands separately. Removing props is a d¡ck move, especially while keeping the same MSRP.

I'm with davidecit on this one. I'll continue to support the line AND call out DCC on crap like this.

Stands that don't match the what 80? other ones we have already?

Stands that don't match the what 80? other ones we have already?
They're round black ones with a foot peg like the type SFA and Zelu use except they have the DC logo. Unless there are even newer ones.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back