DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Mask of the Phantasm is FINALLY going to be released on BLU-RAY!!!!!!!!!!

BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM (1993) (BD)
NEW 2017 1080p HD REMASTER
Presented in both the original theatrical 16x9 aspect ratio (1.78:1) AND open matte 4x3 (1.37:1) aspect ratio
Run Time 76:00
Subtitles English SDH
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 Stereo - English
COLOR
BD 50
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Official statement:
https://www.facebook.com/warnerarch...05910361562/10155419794031563/?type=3&theater

Wow! This is fantastic news! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very awesome news about the MOTP Blu-Ray. I'm not sure if I'll get it though since I already own the DVD and iTunes versions. It'd need to have some pretty awesome extras for me to warrant buying the Blu-Ray.

Changing topic:

Like some other people (on Facebook and other forums), I too am starting to become a little worried about the future of action figures at DCC now. They just released solicits for January 2018, and there's no figures at all. For any line. Just statues. The Joker Expressions Pack they mentioned at NYTF isn't there which I thought they said would be released in January, though I could be wrong about that so it's not too disconcerting right now.

But it does kinda feel like DCC are distancing themselves from producing action figures. They showed less than in previous years at NYTF 2017 (figure-wise anyway, they had lots of new statues/props), and keep cancelling figures and figure lines, but keep producing more statues/props. Who can say what's really going on, but it just feels like figures are slowly on the way out.

If that is the case, hopefully they'll finish the animated line first before it gets cancelled. We NEED to get BTAS Scarecrow and Two-Face before it ends at the very least.

SDCC might be revealing. I get the feeling we won't see any new figures from them there (they generally do that at NYTF anyway), but hopefully we'll get some sort of info.

EDIT: I was incorrect about the Joker Expressions pack. Kevin mentioned in a video that it's due March 2018.

Last edited:

It'll be interesting to see what they have on display at SDCC next month. I'm really hoping for some more Superman-related figures.

I'm happy to be getting Mask of the Phantasm on Blu-ray but am a tad disappointed that it's just a Warner Archive title and has no extra features aside from the theatrical trailer. Either way I'll be picking up the release.

Heads up guys

Joker.jpg

Wasn't that why the show got cancelled the first time?

From what I heard toe show was meant to be reach out boys but most people watching it were girls. Pretty stupid reason to cancel a show...

I don't have anything from this line but I'm really interested in that Joker. I might get that full Batman pack as well. :clap

There's a whole lotta nothing new in that image. Not even a mysterious figure partially photobombing the pic.

I gotta ask - what toxic mix is in the rubber capes in this line?

Twice now the Demon has been stuck to a "melted" riser that the cape has leant against. One was standard plastic the other acrylic. The last night i realised the cloth caped Batsignal Batman was laying down partly across a stand feom the DCD New Gods line and it has left an indent where it lay- wrecking the stand.

Lucky I don't have figures in the Batmobile or Batwing or who knows what the seats would be like. Never encountered this before in a lot of years collecting.

Twice now the Demon has been stuck to a "melted" riser that the cape has leant against. One was standard plastic the other acrylic. The last night i realised the cloth caped Batsignal Batman was laying down partly across a stand feom the DCD New Gods line and it has left an indent where it lay- wrecking the stand.

Lucky I don't have figures in the Batmobile or Batwing or who knows what the seats would be like. Never encountered this before in a lot of years collecting.

Wow. That's undesirable. Glad I don't have the Batmobile or Batwing yet because that's exactly how I was justifying the multiple Batman figures; pilots for my Bat-vehicles. Gotta wonder if other collectors have accidentally adhered action figures to their seats.

I have had my Batman, Phantasm, Ventriloquist, and Mad Hatter all at one point or another leaning back on the printed backdrops in my cabinet. All of them damaged the print by an oily change in the rubber/plastic at the point of contact
It cleaned off the figures but yeah it is something I have never seen before.

I have said it before but these figures and vehicles will not age well at all based on the weird materials DCC use. Difabio already had his Batmobile having an oily reaction in the wheels. Tears ahead for sure.

My batmobile wheels actually damaged the paint and finish of the shelf it was standing on...I though it was just because of the heat, now reading this... it might be something else

I have had my Batman, Phantasm, Ventriloquist, and Mad Hatter all at one point or another leaning back on the printed backdrops in my cabinet. All of them damaged the print by an oily change in the rubber/plastic at the point of contact
It cleaned off the figures but yeah it is something I have never seen before.

I have said it before but these figures and vehicles will not age well at all based on the weird materials DCC use. Difabio already had his Batmobile having an oily reaction in the wheels. Tears ahead for sure.

My batmobile wheels actually damaged the paint and finish of the shelf it was standing on...I though it was just because of the heat, now reading this... it might be something else

Makes me somewhat glad I didn't get into the line. I live in a tropical country so that doubles the risk of the plastic breaking down and on top of that, the figures are nearly double the price here, and there's no store I could go to and choose the figures that seems free from paint defects. I will say, this line has been really import-unfriendly. I only had the Batmobile and sold it off, magnificent as it is. I'll keep hoping for a 1/6 treatment instead.

The only thing I can add to the topic is that the same thing happened with the capes from Mattel's Justice League Unlimited line. I had a lot of my extra figures stored together unseparated in a bag and a lot of the capes melted together with other figures. So its not exactly new or exclusive to DCC. I was hoping it wouldn't be a problem with any more lines though.

I've not experienced anything as mentioned above with my figures thankfully!

But one thing I have experienced with this soft rubber/plastic is that it's a PAIN to get dust off them!! It's only the really soft rubber/plastic like the capes and the long coats, and most especially on the Etrigan and DKR Batman figures. Dust just seems to cling to them, and you can't simply wipe it off. I've found I have to use a damp cloth to get rid of the dust and then dry the parts after.

I've not experienced anything as mentioned above with my figures thankfully!

But one thing I have experienced with this soft rubber/plastic is that it's a PAIN to get dust off them!! It's only the really soft rubber/plastic like the capes and the long coats, and most especially on the Etrigan and DKR Batman figures. Dust just seems to cling to them, and you can't simply wipe it off. I've found I have to use a damp cloth to get rid of the dust and then dry the parts after.

That's exactly why I keep my collection in a glass case, dust is the main action figure problem. Also direct sun light, but in the overall what I hate the most is dust. Thanks to Ikea I can take my figure safe and clean from it xD And is pretty cheap too, is not cool like your display and it never will, but at least I don't have to clean it xDD yeah, I'm a lazy person xDDD

Anyway, when is Batgirl release? I forgot all the last releases X__X
I only remember march for the Joker expression pack xD

OHHH SHIIITTTT FINALLYYYYYYYYY LOVE IT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCC hasn't completely forgotten about the animated line. They posted another shot on Instagram.
Ivy seems to look better here too. Her colors look right this time.
df1be9a6bab284c3d5ab298128414634.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back