DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Those are the Mondo prints I take it? Neat, I never saw the other two rows. Reminds me how cool it would be if they released an Arkham Joker, Harley, Victor Fries (sad expression with Nora Snow globe) and Batman (in straitjacket). Throw in a never-before-made Lock-Up / Lyle Bolton and you got yourself a nice exclusive Arkham Set.

I'm really hoping for a triple pack consisting of BTAS Wayne, Grayson and Alfred. I'm also thinking
that they could do a BTAS Two-Face and Rupert Thorne 2-pack and releasing the remaining 2
Bat vehicles from that series.

Those would definitely be the minimum requirement for this line to feel halfway complete. Though, I really really hope they will also do BTAS Scarecrow, a Joker accessory pack, as well as a trenchcoat Joker (and Charlie Collins two-pack), Sid the Squid, Hugo Strange, Red Claw, Ninja, Retro Batman (MOTP, Robin's Reckoning), a S.W.A.T., a generic gray haired cop (Bullock's partner?) and Summer Gleeson. All those would round out all the essentials from the show.

I'm really hoping for a triple pack consisting of BTAS Wayne, Grayson and Alfred. I'm also thinking
that they could do a BTAS Two-Face and Rupert Thorne 2-pack and releasing the remaining 2
Bat vehicles from that series.

Those are two great ideas, but only if thry're all new figures :D I mean, we know DCC.. They're able to relase a triple pack with same old Batman, Robin and Alfred! xDDDD

In light of people saying they don't care about any Superman or Batman Beyond or JLU characters or they're only interested in one or two villains, I myself am hoping DC Collectibles makes Lex, Mercy, Bizarro, Parasite, Metallo, Toyman, Brainiac, Kalibak, Darkseid, Blight, Inque, Shriek, John Stewart, Wally West, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Question, Jonah Hex (JLU appearance), Joker (JL/BB redesign), Killer Frost, Solomon Grundy, The Shade, Cheetah, Giganta...let's just say a lot. If they make them and don't screw up the paint, proportions, sculpts, whatever, I will buy the hell out of an expanded Timmverse line.

Bring 'em on!

I'm pretty sure they will xD I just wonder how they're gonna handle it. I mean, first all the STAS line? Or mixed STAS and JLU like they're doing with BTAS and TNBA? Maybe at Toy Fair they will reveal something :)

In light of people saying they don't care about any Superman or Batman Beyond or JLU characters or they're only interested in one or two villains, I myself am hoping DC Collectibles makes Lex, Mercy, Bizarro, Parasite, Metallo, Toyman, Brainiac, Kalibak, Darkseid, Blight, Inque, Shriek, John Stewart, Wally West, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Question, Jonah Hex (JLU appearance), Joker (JL/BB redesign), Killer Frost, Solomon Grundy, The Shade, Cheetah, Giganta...let's just say a lot. If they make them and don't screw up the paint, proportions, sculpts, whatever, I will buy the hell out of an expanded Timmverse line.

Bring 'em on!

Yessss, same! I want soo many characters in Timmverse form! For the bigger dudes like Grundy, Ultra humanite, Gorilla Grodd, ect. they need to get the scale right though. If they aren't going to make anything bigger than Clayface, they should just skip larger characters altogether. But I agree, we need at least the core 7 of the league + Aquaman, The entire Injustice gang (especially Star Sapphire!!), Canary, Huntress, Green Arrow, Question, an improved Supergirl in her red and blue outfit, man I could go on and on. Must have at least those characeters from JL/JLU! Shiiit's gonna take years to get all of them, but whatever lol

Yessss, same! I want soo many characters in Timmverse form! For the bigger dudes like Grundy, Ultra humanite, Gorilla Grodd, ect. they need to get the scale right though. If they aren't going to make anything bigger than Clayface, they should just skip larger characters altogether. But I agree, we need at least the core 7 of the league + Aquaman, The entire Injustice gang (especially Star Sapphire!!), Canary, Huntress, Green Arrow, Question, an improved Supergirl in her red and blue outfit, man I could go on and on. Must have at least those characeters from JL/JLU! Shiiit's gonna take years to get all of them, but whatever lol

What no Hal Jordan?

tumblr_o8dif4Z6w21tp6rxbo1_1280.jpg

You know when this episode originally aired on Fox I had no idea it was out of order and the first Joker episode was supposed to be " The Last Laugh "

"Joker's Favor" was the very first Joker episode to air. It was on September 11, 1992, a date that went on to become Harley Quinn's birthday.

However, the first Joker episode to be produced was "Christmas with the Joker".

"Joker's Favor" was the very first Joker episode to air. It was on September 11, 1992, a date that went on to become Harley Quinn's birthday.

However, the first Joker episode to be produced was "Christmas with the Joker".

Touché WGD you're right Christmas was the first, I can see why Fox didn't show the Christmas first. Didn't TAS debut during summer or fall

Touché WGD you're right Christmas was the first, I can see why Fox didn't show the Christmas first. Didn't TAS debut during summer or fall

Fall. It debuted on September 5, 1992, with "The Cat and the Claw: Part 1".

"Christmas" went on to be aired on Nov. 13 of that year.

BTAS will celebrate its 25th anniversary this year. Hope Warner/DC are planning something special.

Fall. It debuted on September 5, 1992, with "The Cat and the Claw: Part 1".

"Christmas" went on to be aired on Nov. 13 of that year.

BTAS will celebrate its 25th anniversaries this year. Hope Warner/DC are planning something special.

Lot of anniversaries are happening in the entertainment industry this year like Predator in its 30th

I would love to see a blu ray release of the entire TAS collection including TNBA and Superman TAS but until then thank god Amazon Prime still has it with my membership for my streaming devices in great quality

Lot of anniversaries are happening in the entertainment industry this year like Predator in its 30th

I would love to see a blu ray release of the entire TAS collection including TNBA and Superman TAS but until then thank god Amazon Prime still has it with my membership for my streaming devices in great quality

I would love BTAS to be re-released on blu-ray, but only if Warner truly invested money into it and made it indeed better.
After Disney destroyed The Lion King with its blu-ray release, I'm terrified of what could happen to BTAS.
Re-working on cartoon isn't as simple as re-working on live-action.

But even if they were to release it on blu-ray, Bruce Timm has said he's against "re-working on the frames" and such, and that some episodes were "lost".

Sadly, the only BD release I can see happen is Mask of the Phantasm.

And yes, thank God for the DVDs and streaming services. We've been good so far.

I would love BTAS to be re-released on blu-ray, but only if Warner truly invested money into it and make it indeed better.
After Disney destroyed The Lion King with its blu-ray release, I'm terrified of what could happen to BTAS.
Re-working on cartoon isn't as simple as re-working on live-action.

But even if they were to release it on blu-ray, Bruce Timm has said he's against "re-working on the frames" and such, and that some episodes were "lost".

Sadly, the only BD release I can see happen is Mask of the Phantasm.

:goodpost:

Especially reworking cartoon that predates HD technology. You're right even when I see TAS episodes through Amazon I can see the snow on film at moments along with the random miscolors of the characters in TAS :wink1:

:goodpost:

Especially reworking cartoon that predates HD technology. You're right even when I see TAS episodes through Amazon I can see the snow on film at moments along with the random miscolors of the characters in TAS :wink1:

Exactly.
However, Disney has done a amazing job reworking on older cartoons like Snow White (1937!!!!), Peter Pan (1953) and such. I don't know how those old Disney movies were done at their time, but somehow they managed to release them on blu-ray in a amazing way. Image and sound are crystal clear.
Still, they destroyed Lion King (1994). Go figure.

I don't know with which technology Snow White was done, but I would guess BTAS had a better technology, since Timm, Dini etc were already in the 90s, right?
Judging by the fact that even older cartoons are having BD releases, one would say it could possible for BTAS to be released on blu-ray too. But who knows.

Exactly.
However, Disney has done a amazing job reworking on older cartoons like Snow White (1937!!!!), Peter Pan (1953) and such. I don't know how those old Disney movies were done at their time, but somehow they managed to release them on blu-ray in a amazing way. Image and sound are crystal clear.
Still, they destroyed Lion King (1994). Go figure.

I don't know with which technology Snow White was done, but I would guess BTAS had a better technology, since Timm, Dini etc were already in the 90s, right?
Judging by the fact that even older cartoons are having BD releases, one would say it could possible for BTAS to be released on blu-ray too. But who knows.

The technology used for the Disney classics are incomparable to the tech used in the modern era of Disney animation because it was completetely based on basic hand sketching of characters

For Snow White as to your example was actually a live sketch ( meaning they used a real person mimicking the movements in each scene from the film in costume, then from there as the scene was being filmed they would hand draw the movements at the same time the doubles or voice actors would perform like singing, dancing. Etc. that's why the mannerisms of these characters are life like

It was only later in the era of the Little Mermaid that CGI was slowly developing so animators mixed CGI with sketches and the need for using actual people as models was abandoned to just the creators focusing on just facial expressions of the voice actors because they can rely on the better technology developing to cover the body movements. So most of the character movements were designed during preproduction of the films.

( I'm also an artist by nature :wink1: )

I believe Dini used inspiration from the old Max Fleischer series and the idealism from old Saturday matinee serials. I think he wanted the film to be rough with the imperfections to give it that old quality, however the miscolorization came with the territory because his team focused a lot on the backdrop and scenery in TAS

He wanted that dark gloomy aura to surround the cartoon but at the same time capture the essence of simplicity

The technology used for the Disney classics are incomparable to the tech used in the modern era of Disney animation because it was completetely based on basic hand sketching of characters

For Snow White as to your example was actually a live sketch ( meaning they used a real person mimicking the movements in each scene from the film in costume, then from there as the scene was being filmed they would hand draw the movements at the same time the doubles or voice actors would perform like singing, dancing. Etc. that's why the mannerisms of these characters are life like

It was only later in the era of the Little Mermaid that CGI was slowly developing so animators mixed CGI with sketches and the need for using actual people as models was abandoned to just the creators focusing on just facial expressions of the voice actors because they can rely on the better technology developing to cover the body movements. So most of the character movements were designed during preproduction of the films.

( I'm also an artist by nature :wink1: )

I believe Dini used inspiration from the old Max Fleischer series and the idealism from old Saturday matinee serials. I think he wanted the film to be rough with the imperfections to give it that old quality, however the miscolorization came with the territory because his team focused a lot on the backdrop and scenery in TAS

He wanted that dark gloomy aura to surround the cartoon but at the same time capture the essence of simplicity

That's very interesting. Forgive my ignorance (I really don't know nothing about animation X_X), but for remaster in HD they would need the original genuine production arts like this? :D https://www.ebay.it/itm/Batman-The-...510253?hash=item51f3ac5c2d:g:60IAAOSwTglYk4TM

Back