DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Atleast the Kotobukiya actually has a defined mouth and lip area unlike all these DCC and Diamond selects sculpts where it looks like he's missing a mouth.

That is true about the mouths, very distracting when sculpted so weakly.

That Kotobukiya is great, easily the best looking sculpt yet for a BTAS Batman. Hope they continue the line with other characters.

Holy crap Amos, that diorama looks fantastic! You did an amazing job on it. Now mass produce it so we can all have one lol.

Also, Toychestnews has the Gordon wave now listed for July 27th. Who knows if that's even real, though. : /

I definitely agree with everyone who says the Koto statue has the best likeness, thus far. I'm really curious to see what Mondo delivers when they finally show off their 1/6th offerings.

The Kotobukiya Batman will be my definitive Batman from the animated series. It's basically perfect in every way and actually looks like the in-show animation unlike the DCC and Diamond offerings which look like nothing seen on film. The head sculpt reminds me of the animation from the origin Man-Bat or Mr. Freeze episodes.
I'll probably end up buying 4 of the Koto Batman. It's just that damn good of a sculpt. Hopefully, if this sells well, they will expand the line. I'd love another version of Batman, standing tall with the cape draped over his shoulders.

I see they marked up the Batman Beyond TWO pack. Went from $55 at toyfair to $65, and they're calling it a 3 pack. Ace is an accessory and does not count as a figure LOL. Hopefully the solicitation is wrong, or that's $32.50 per figure on that, without tax

ok.jpg

Very excited about the Batman Beyond set. It is the only animated Batman series my wife shows any real interest in so have told her it is a present to her (but will keep it with my figures of course :))

Terry still needs a little more meat on his arms and legs though. They are not that skinny on the show.

batmon85, thanks for the link with the other photos of the Koto Batman!
It's indeed the best BTAS Batman headsculpt out there, along with the Kenner Combat Belt Bats.

Regarding DCC, the Mask of the Phantasm 2-pack Batman headsculpt got close to perfection, IMO:

DCCBatman.jpg

As a whole, the figure is pretty damn solid.

I look foward to an even better headsculpt in the future.

Holy S***! Kotobukiya even gives different eye expressions as well...so bought! :hi5:

The only thing that would make this 100% accurate was some blue shading effects in the mask

I wish they would do what they did with the Star Wars trooper kits. Interchangeable limbs and weapons. If it came with extra leg parts like a standing museum posed leg parts that sad expression would be perfect :slap

Scratch that I believe it's either Gentle Giants or Kotobukiya that did interchangeable parts

Last edited:

Holy S***! Kotobukiya even gives different eye expressions as well...so bought! :hi5:

The only thing that would make this 100% accurate was some blue shading effects in the mask

I wish they would do what they did with the Star Wars trooper kits. Interchangeable limbs and weapons. If it came with extra leg parts like a standing museum posed leg parts that sad expression would be perfect :slap

Scratch that I believe it's either Gentle Giants or Kotobukiya that did interchangeable parts

It looks awesome, but the happy and sad expressions really don't work with the pose.

In hand finally!

I wasn't going to buy this but I changed my mind :wink1:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They look amazing!! Congrats, Whakojacko!!!

Can you post a close-up of the Joker's teeth? Look way better painted!!!

It looks awesome, but the happy and sad expressions really don't work with the pose.

Yeah don't know how that sad expression will work with the action pose but still if the final product looks that good..who cares!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They look amazing!! Congrats, Whakojacko!!!

Can you post a close-up of the Joker's teeth? Look way better painted!!!

I'm working on it. I can't seem to get a really good close up on his face.

Back