DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I still have my fingers crossed for a rhino and muggy 2 pack. Any swat and goon characters to flesh out the universe would be welcome ��

I'd **** with a Rhino pack just because I love Earl Boen. That and I love the scene in Double Talk where Batman knocks him out with that double fisted smack lol

Question of the questions:

Which is better: Batmobile 1st release or the second one?
Obviously the difference is just the shade of grey they used.

One flat and one metallic.

Even the bat signal are just one flat (release separately) and one metallic

The second one isn't out yet, so there's no real way to compare them as of yet. You know about as much as anybody else here.

the first batmobile maked that dusty powder on the wheels, so IF they work on that issue, I think the second version could be better.
and personally I like the metallic finish of the deluxe variant.
plus I think the metallic touch is accurate.
https://www.fbtb.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/BTAS-Batmobile.jpg
you may not forget that BTAS is DRAWN ANIMATION! They couldn't use real metallic color because we would not really see any effekt. they can only do something with the shading and I saw alot scenes where they did it to make it look shiny. and about accuracy: where are the blue highlights you see in show on black materials? ; )

And funny oh funny... when you NEED images of the batmobile you only find that DCC toy at google... -__-

The second one isn't out yet, so there's no real way to compare them as of yet. You know about as much as anybody else here.

As you can see all official pics are out, so you can check it with your eyes:
batmobiles.jpg

Does anyone know what it is that causes that powdery **** on the Batmobile? I occasionally find a little white streak in a corner on mine near the canopy and wonder what it is. Fortunately my wheels and capes on my figs are just fine. I live in CA, so it's often hot, but I keep my ac on almost all day. I want to try and avoid mine getting all moldy or whatever if possible

As you can see all official pics are out, so you can check it with your eyes:
View attachment 264270

Don't ask for help and then turn around and be condescending with an attachment that doesn't even work (oh, it works now. Good for you). Official pics of the prototype of the second version are out. Yes. There's also some photos and video of it at Toyfair. And that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot. Nobody can say for sure which production version is better because the second version isn't out at retail yet. How does the metallic paint finish compare to pics of the prototype? Do both versions have the same blue windshield/canopy? How does quality control compare from one version to the other? Which one do people who own both prefer? These are questions that cannot yet be answered, because...**** it. Whatever. I'm done. Have fun on the boards, pally.

Last edited:

Does anyone know what it is that causes that powdery **** on the Batmobile? I occasionally find a little white streak in a corner on mine near the canopy and wonder what it is. Fortunately my wheels and capes on my figs are just fine. I live in CA, so it's often hot, but I keep my ac on almost all day. I want to try and avoid mine getting all moldy or whatever if possible

It's mold release agent that got mixed into the plastic during injection and is now leeching out, because they're not supposed to mix. If it happens to a figure or other toy (and it happens a lot), there's really nothing you can do to stop it, as there are cases of this happening to figures still in package stored in every type of climate. The good news is that it's not mold and that your Batmobile isn't disintegrating. It can be wiped off with a cotton swab and some Windex. The bad news is you'll absolutely have to do it again.

It's mold release agent that got mixed into the plastic during injection and is now leeching out, because they're not supposed to mix. If it happens to a figure or other toy (and it happens a lot), there's really nothing you can do to stop it, as there are cases of this happening to figures still in package stored in every type of climate. The good news is that it's not mold and that your Batmobile isn't disintegrating. It can be wiped off with a cotton swab and some Windex. The bad news is you'll absolutely have to do it again.

Ahh I see. Thanks for the response S. Griffin! Hopefully I just get lucky and mine will stay the way it is lol.

Also I didn't know they were doing the Batsignal in a different color for the separate release. I think it looks way doper in the light grey than it does in that metallic color!

Ahh I see. Thanks for the response S. Griffin! Hopefully I just get lucky and mine will stay the way it is lol.

Also I didn't know they were doing the Batsignal in a different color for the separate release. I think it looks way doper in the light grey than it does in that metallic color!

I like the matte one, too. Unlike the grille, wheels, etc. on the car, I don't remember it ever being drawn shiny. I probably won't get either, though. Just focusing on the figures.
Also, you're welcome. :duff

It looks like it's based on the shot of the Batmobile from the intro (AKA the one they used to sell all the toys :lol ), did that have a shiny grille/wheels?

The car was drawn with different finishes throughout the series. Different sizes, too. There's a ton of debate about all this stuff pages and pages back in this thread. Lots of screenshots supporting every possible angle of an argument that shouldn't be one. No real consensus, because pretty much everybody's right.

These are some screens I took from the animated series. In the series someone object/people were drawn with embossed effect, but most of times they are flat.
So people which one do you think is more accurate?
Will you prefer shiny or matte finish on batmobile?
And on batsignal?
:dunno

batmanimateddd.jpg

There's a ****ing can of worms that needs to be reopened.

I like the one I like and that's all that matters. I don't care which version anyone else buys. :lecture

The car was drawn with different finishes throughout the series. Different sizes, too. There's a ton of debate about all this stuff pages and pages back in this thread. Lots of screenshots supporting every possible angle of an argument that shouldn't be one. No real consensus, because pretty much everybody's right.

Exactly. The inconsistency in the drawings throughout the episodes is what has always bothered me.
Some characters' height (like Robin's) and proportions (like Batman's ears and chin) changed a lot throughout the series.

Words can no longer describe how bored I am without new figures. It's been over 6 months since we last got a new figure.

And we still don't know when the next wave will be released.

:gah:

These are some screens I took from the animated series. In the series someone object/people were drawn with embossed effect, but most of times they are flat.
So people which one do you think is more accurate?
Will you prefer shiny or matte finish on batmobile?
And on batsignal?
:dunno

View attachment 264299

Flat colors for me, maybe shiny for the silver parts, but in general, flat will do.

Back