DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Did someone noticed that Mad Love pack was the only one which doesn't have a proper number? After all this retrads, I think it will be out after the number 38 (latest release knew), with proper number 39 :rotfl

PS: A local store here have man bat with the sticker "12 pieces", was this sticker on the first release too?

View attachment 247296

Yup, it was. I remember it on mine.

Good day when I received my Man-Bat last year.
It arrived late at night, and the store had shipped it inside a huge box, seriously way bigger than the figure's actual package. LMAO
Thought I had received a Batmobile. LMAO

Yup, it was. I remember it on mine.

Good day when I received my Man-Bat last year.
It arrived late at night, and the store had shipped it inside a huge box, seriously way bigger than the figure's actual package. LMAO
Thought I had received a Batmobile. LMAO

I just received today Man-Bat and the Batmobile… hahahaha
12705727_10207557638572684_3199729781830338157_n.jpg
and the huge box
IMG_20160220_032323.jpg

:rotfl

Would anyone else be interested in DCC doing characters from Batman's rogues gallery like Deadshot, Blockbuster, and KGBeast that although they appeared in the Justice League series, never appeared in BTAS or TNBA? Maybe even Grundy and Gentleman Ghost? Even if we never get a Justice League series from DCC?

Oh, we'll be getting a JLA series. It seems DCC is all in on the DCAU. I would be stunned if we don't see wave 1 Superman at SDCC.

So I emailed DCC a couple months back about some messed up figures I had (Harley, Nightwing and Penguin). All of which had leg issues. Tonight I got a package with a replacement of each figure and a hand written note from Kevin. This is very awesome of DCC. They addressed my concerns immediately through email, and followed through with sending the replacements. Really awesome to know they're so willing to help!! It's very appreciated. Also the Harley I got has a bit of a different face. Pic below :)

ok.jpg

ok2.jpg

The Harley I had is on the left and the new one they sent on the right.
ok3.jpg

That's awesome! Sometime they take a while but they always try to help out! What are you going to do with the old figures?

Harley went into the Batmobile so she could listen to the radio with Bman lol. Now that I have an extra (I gave away my one with the **** leg and bought a new one) I might try to repaint her the way I saw on here, but I've never painted anything like that, so I'm nervous. Nightwing I'm keeping as a backup and may end up sticking him in the Batwing (If I end up getting it). The old Penguin I really don't know what to do with. He doesn't stand very well without sticky tac, unless you balance him on one heel (he's pretty crooked this way). I don't have a Penguin collection going that I could just stick him in with like I do Harley lol. For now he's in a field of wild Pokemon toys

Your new Harley looks so much better painted!! :)

Your new Harley looks so much better painted!! :)
Yea, I'm diggin it a lot more. The paint seems a little bit lighter on the white parts too. The old one also had a weird double hinged gun hand that couldn't bend (2 hinges right in a row going half way up the hand lol) This one's head also moves better. My old one can only go side to side, but this one moves up and down too :clap

Yea, I'm diggin it a lot more. The paint seems a little bit lighter on the white parts too. The old one also had a weird double hinged gun hand that couldn't bend (2 hinges right in a row going half way up the hand lol) This one's head also moves better. My old one can only go side to side, but this one moves up and down too :clap

WOW, They have made many improvements, youre so lucky :hi5: And the problem with the feet, they solved? Mine looks like this… _MG_4955.jpg

Would anyone else be interested in DCC doing characters from Batman's rogues gallery like Deadshot, Blockbuster, and KGBeast that although they appeared in the Justice League series, never appeared in BTAS or TNBA? Maybe even Grundy and Gentleman Ghost? Even if we never get a Justice League series from DCC?

Hmm not sure, since I'm thinking Justice League would be a lock. Was Deadshot ever in any of the comics based on BTAS or TNBA? I've read some but not all of them.

How about Lion Man and Prairie Girl (Aka Nightwing and Batgirl) for TNBA lmao

uh.jpg

WOW, They have made many improvements, youre so lucky :hi5: And the problem with the feet, they solved? Mine looks like this… View attachment 247479

Actually even the new one has a leg (same side) that's a little shorter too (A bit less though). I think they're all like that (like Two Face). But the new one can actually stand in a straight pose and not be crooked. The first one I had was awful and could only stand in widespread poses. The 2nd one (my current old one now) Had less of that, but it was still apparent. This one is a lot better, even though they're still not perfectly even. That red shoe just didn't get put on right on most of these it seems

Updated my image gallery of the characters I want.

Added Bullock and Talia.

Good guys
Heroes of Gotham.jpg

Bad guys
Rogues Gallery.jpg

I put Talia on the "Good guys" gallery, because I find her to be an anti-hero. To me, she's good and just follows her father's orders.

Then you should have Catwoman in that gallery, too. She's also an anti-hero. She loves Batman, too, is just as noble and good as Talia, if not more so, and even though she's a thief, the cartoon pretty much just had her stealing from ***holes.

Then you should have Catwoman in that gallery, too. She's also an anti-hero. She loves Batman, too, is just as noble and good as Talia, if not more so, and even though she's a thief, the cartoon pretty much just had her stealing from ***holes.

I thought about that, and agree with most parts.

But Catwoman is a criminal because she wants to be. In fact, in BTAS' "Catwalk", she realizes that.
She says she is "free and takes whatever she wants" and that's "who she is [a criminal]". It's "the cat inside her".

She is not forced to be a criminal, like Ra's forces Talia. And although Ra's forces her, Talia does what she does out of "respect" for her father.

Talia goes along with her father out of respect and reverence, she follows his orders, but she's really not forced into doing anything. Plus she even says that she believes in what he's doing, even if she doesn't agree with all of his methods. I don't think that really makes her any better than Selina. Who, you're right, is a criminal because she wants to be, but like I said, the show made her a bit Robin Hood-like, in that she was mainly stealing from scuzzy and bad people, and while not giving what she stole to the poor, she was a philanthropist, although mostly towards cats.

"Updated my image gallery of the characters I want."

So WGD you want to say you DO NOT have Batman and Robin yet??? then I ask you where "your" photos were from if not from you.

Talia goes along with her father out of respect and reverence, she follows his orders, but she's really not forced into doing anything. Plus she even says that she believes in what he's doing, even if she doesn't agree with all of his methods. I don't think that really makes her any better than Selina. Who, you're right, is a criminal because she wants to be, but like I said, the show made her a bit Robin Hood-like, in that she was mainly stealing from scuzzy and bad people, and while not giving what she stole to the poor, she was a philanthropist, although mostly towards cats.

Interesting thoughts... I think you're right, after all.
Guess I might display Catwoman on the "good guys' shelf, then.

But, then, we might have to rethink Mr. Freeze and Clayface's status... Are they villians or good guys, at the end of the day? They've commited crimes, yes, but because they were desparate, not because they really wanted to... It's a good discussion.

"Updated my image gallery of the characters I want."

So WGD you want to say you DO NOT have Batman and Robin yet??? then I ask you where "your" photos were from if not from you.

HAHAHAHAHA!! :rotfl:lol

OMG! My photos are my photos, taken by me! :rotfl:lol

Of course I have Batman and Robin! In fact, I have all the BTAS figures released so far.

What I mean is: those are all the characters I want to have in my collection, whether I already have them or not, whether they've been announced or not.

LMAOOOOOO

Humanizing the villains is something that show did so well, and with some characters, like Mr. Freeze and Clayface, it did even better and before the comics did. Those two, however, definitely aren't good. Their origins are tragic, we can sympathize with them, they're both victims, and Freeze isn't just trying to save himself, but he also wants to save his wife. However they both hurt people, and while their targets are mostly bad (very bad) people, they don't give a **** about innocent bystanders, and they both want to kill Batman, which neither Catwoman nor Talia wants to do.

Humanizing the villains is something that show did so well, and with some characters, like Mr. Freeze and Clayface, it did even better and before the comics did. Those two, however, definitely aren't good. Their origins are tragic, we can sympathize with them, they're both victims, and Freeze isn't just trying to save himself, but he also wants to save his wife. However they both hurt people, and while their targets are mostly bad (very bad) people, they don't give a **** about innocent bystanders, and they both want to kill Batman, which neither Catwoman nor Talia wants to do.

Agreed. I love Freeze, he's my absolute favorite, but because of his ruthless nature and willingness to kill literally anyone to further his mission, he's a piece of **** too aha. I always wondered how he could have gone through all that, yet have no conscience when it comes to inflicting the same or worse fates on other innocent people. WTF Victor?! Lol. Don't get me wrong though, he could have wasted Ferris Boyle's ***** ass and I wouldn't have thought a thing of it haha.

Back