DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Along with the animated series I also have the Superman series WB did along with batman. With the crossovers you need both.

I like it, but those columns could fill up quickly good thing you are in Canada, no earthquakes :wink1:
Please don't remind me lol I live in L.A Ca and just thinking about sucks .

Along with the animated series I also have the Superman series WB did along with batman. With the crossovers you need both.

Superman could be revamped on Blu ray . The surroundings didn't really impact the feel of the series like Batman did.

In fact most episodes centered around the daytime anyway for STAS

Yeah, they could do it, but I don't think that the Superman series made as big an impact as Batman did. Batman the animated series redefined the character for many.

Yeah, they could do it, but I don't think that the Superman series made as big an impact as Batman did. Batman the animated series redefined the character for many.

Batman had a advantage though in scheduling, TAS was weekly to get more exposure to the public on a major network like FOX at the time at a perfect time slot 5pm if I recall so kids were already home from school and adults got home from work so the viewers were definitely there.:lecture

Superman had a horrible time slot on Saturdays with the WB.

If Superman was on Fox say after BTAS was I'm sure it would've been just as popular because FOX was popular back then

In NYC Fox showed Batman at night a few times too, if I remember correctly.

In NYC Fox showed Batman at night a few times too, if I remember correctly.

:exactly:

Back in the 90s major networks like ABC, CBS, NBC actually showed cartoons on Saturdays, there was too much competition going on against Superman to gain interest.

I think Fox was showing Power Rangers on Saturdays at the time as well with Masked Rider

I don't know if a blu-ray conversion would do much of anything for the series as the imperfections are part of it's charm and it might even make other imperfections more noticeable. I will say, though, I'd like to see a re-release of some sorts of the series with more commentary tracks and really in-depth documentaries on the show's production and overall legacy. The special features on the current dvd's are okay, but I think they could do a lot better and go much more in depth.

I don't know if a blu-ray conversion would do much of anything for the series as the imperfections are part of it's charm and it might even make other imperfections more noticeable. I will say, though, I'd like to see a re-release of some sorts of the series with more commentary tracks and really in-depth documentaries on the show's production and overall legacy. The special features on the current dvd's are okay, but I think they could do a lot better and go much more in depth.

I'm actually surprised and delighted that Amazon Instant Video actually has some of The DVD extra features:yess:

It doesn't't have commentaries or the original pilot but it has the other features

This, please!!!

A re-release of the current DVDs, but with more commentary tracks and really in-depth documentaries on the show's production and overall legacy. YES.
And with more adult-friendly covers, too.
Oh, and with the episodes in order of original airdate.

Also... Please!! A two-disc DVD edition of Mask of the Phantasm, for Christ's sake!
With a special Digipak package and new adult-friendly cover.

:exactly:

Back in the 90s major networks like ABC, CBS, NBC actually showed cartoons on Saturdays, there was too much competition going on against Superman to gain interest.

I think Fox was showing Power Rangers on Saturdays at the time as well with Masked Rider

Masked Rider... I didn't think anyone remembered that show.

Speaking of other 90s TV shows...

My life in the 90s, pretty much summed up by TV and Theaters:

1. Batman: The Animated Series and Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman theater movies
3. Disney movies
4. Hercules and Xena TV shows

This, please!!!

A re-release of the current DVDs, but with more commentary tracks and really in-depth documentaries on the show's production and overall legacy. YES.
And with more adult-friendly covers, too.
Oh, and with the episodes in order of original airdate.

Also... Please!! A two-disc DVD edition of Mask of the Phantasm, for Christ's sake!
With a special Digipak package and new adult-friendly cover.

Will there ever be an Anniversary idea for the series, this is how I believe DC, WB will ever answer our wishes, I don't see it being rereleased in any other version again.

I don't think DC or WB even has anything planned yet.

Proof I walked into TRU the other day and a Batman AS mixed episode compilation DVD was on clearance :slap

Speaking of other 90s TV shows...

My life in the 90s, pretty much summed up by TV and Theaters:

1. Batman: The Animated Series and Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman theater movies
3. Disney movies
4. Hercules and Xena TV shows

I miss the Xena Toybiz figures. What a great idea that never really took off in the stores. I remember seeing those on clearance at Kaybee toys :thud:

I do have the entire line in storage though.

Those were the days

Hasbro 4" WWF figures, Beyblade and Jakks 6" WWF figures :wink1:

Will there ever be an Anniversary idea for the series, this is how I believe DC, WB will ever answer our wishes, I don't see it being rereleased in any other version again.

I don't think DC or WB even has anything planned yet.

Proof I walked into TRU the other day and a Batman AS mixed episode compilation DVD was on clearance :slap

I was expecting a new release in 2012 for the series' 20th anniversary, to be honest.
I was really convinced something would pop up.
But my dreams of crushed.

Same in 2013, for the 20th bday of MOTP... But then again, nothing.

And now I don't expect anything other than new merchandise...
The BTAS merchandise is rising again, and is strong. :yess:

Among the new releases, I can see a Pop! Funko line of BTAS coming...
I hate Pop! Funko. :monkey4
But it's good for the show's popularity and I see it coming, given the fact that virtually all TV shows and movies ever made and becoming Pop Funko figs. :slap

I was expecting a new release in 2012 for the series' 20th anniversary, to be honest.
I was really convinced something would pop up.
But my dreams of crushed.

Same in 2013, for the 20th bday of MOTP... But then again, nothing.

And now I don't expect anything other than new merchandise...
The BTAS merchandise is rising again, and is strong. :yess:

Among the new releases, I can see a Pop! Funko line of BTAS coming...
I hate Pop! Funko. :monkey4
But it's good for the show's popularity and I see it coming, given the fact that virtually all TV shows and movies ever made and becoming Pop Funko figs. :slap

I think a cable channel needs to rerun the entire series again, I'm betting that will lead to WB interest again.

I miss the Xena Toybiz figures. What a great idea that never really took off in the stores. I remember seeing those on clearance at Kaybee toys :thud:

I do have the entire line in storage though.

Those were the days

Hasbro 4" WWF figures, Beyblade and Jakks 6" WWF figures :wink1:

Man, I LOVE the Hercules and Xena TV shows.

I have some Toy Biz figs from the Hercules show...
Hercules (2x), Xena, the Minotaur, the she-demon, the skeleton soldier (named "mole-man" by Toy Biz).

Great figs with great likeness for 90s figs. :lecture

I think a cable channel needs to rerun the entire series again, I'm betting that will lead to WB interest again.

It should be made available on Netflix, to exposure it to the new generation. :lecture

Man, I LOVE the Hercules and Xena TV shows.

I have some Toy Biz figs from the Hercules show...
Hercules (2x), Xena, the Minotaur, the she-demon, the skeleton soldier (named "mole-man" by Toy Biz).

Great figs with great likeness for 90s figs. :lecture

It should be made available on Netflix, to exposure it to the new generation. :lecture

What I liked before the Hercules and Xena series started was Hercules was a mini series of movies on something that was called the Action PACK SHOWCASE that included shows like TEK WAR, Bandit, Vanishing Son and Cleopatra 2025 or something like that.

But there was Hercules vs Minotaur

Hercules and the Amazon Woman which had a blonde Lucy Lawless playing a character ( her first appearance into the franchise)

Another Hercules title that featured Renee O Connor ( Gabrielle from Xena) also her first appearance in the franchise

And two other Hercules titled movies which starred Tawny Kitan and the late Anthony Quinn as Zeus :lecture

I miss those films they had them on Netflix but they took them off. At least both series are still on Netflix

Back