DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

From what I've seen and what people have said, his "laugh lines" are there, but soft due to what you said,

I, personally, would apply a minimal ink there, like a bit darker skin-tone (rather than black) ink, just to highlight his lines. Would do the same to the mouth (rather than the weird black line of the prototype).
This should really work.

Carving out could really damage the figure and if you don't like the final result, the figure would be forever lost.
Paint can be removed.

I'm literally just going to take a mechanical pencil to his mouth and maybe the cheek lines. If it doesn't look good, it'll just rub right off. Plus, you get the neat irony of penciling in on his face when that's how he was originally created. :p

I'm literally just going to take a mechanical pencil to his mouth and maybe the cheek lines. If it doesn't look good, it'll just rub right off. Plus, you get the neat irony of penciling in on his face when that's how he was originally created. :p

Yes! I think repainting is always the best option, unless you have 2 figures.
I'd only resculpt a figure if I had a spare. :lecture

That' what I did to my Catwoman: repainted her eyes several times until I achieved what to me is ideal.
Imagine if I had tried resculpting it... LMAO Would have totally ruined her.

CatDCC.JPG

Your Catwoman looks awesome and the whip and Isis from Kenner looks great :D

That' what I did to my Catwoman: repainted her eyes several times until I achieved what to me is ideal.
Imagine if I had tried resculpting it... LMAO Would have totally ruined her.

I love that repaint! How much did you repaint? Just the eyelashes and the eyes? Or did you have to repaint the skin area around the eye too?
I'm seriously considering it, but I fear that I could mess it up fairly easily.

Your Catwoman looks awesome and the whip and Isis from Kenner looks great :D

Thank you, man!!! :hi5:

I really don't like the whip from DCC (too short and weird)... First thing I did was give her the long, rubberry whip from Kenner.

Although the DCC Isis is more accurate to the show sculpt-wise, I pretty much prefer the cuteness of the Kenner Isis - and she has a great sculpt anyway. And I pretty much prefer Isis on Selina's shoulders. So, she got the job!

wow I didn't realize that Isis was this large! She definetely fits alot better to DCCs Catwoman.
Damn, I fear I lost my Kenner's Catwoman's Stuff when I was child >>

Girl, she looks A LOT better on the DCC Catwoman. She is too large for the Kenner Catwoman, who doesn't have a neck. LOL

Kenner Isis rises DCC Catwoman to a whole new level, hands down! And so does the whip.

I love that repaint! How much did you repaint? Just the eyelashes and the eyes? Or did you have to repaint the skin area around the eye too?
I'm seriously considering it, but I fear that I could mess it up fairly easily.

I repainted only the eyes - but completely.
Used liquid paper to cover the eyelashes sculpt and make it flat.
And the color of the liquid paper is white, so it applies.
Then I used black mechanical pencil to draw the eyelashes and the green one for her iris.

Hahah stupid auto correct ;)

She was getting some jewellery for Catwoman ^^ I will re take that photo with Kenner Isis when I get a chance :)

You know what would be easier to reply with quote without posting multiple times, WGD?
Open any text programm, hit that "reply with quote" button, copy and paste the quote to the text programm and write your answer and so one until you're done. did this several times now :)

:thud: Never thought about that!

Thanks for the tip!! :wink1:

I repainted only the eyes - but completely.
Used liquid paper to cover the eyelashes sculpt and make it flat.
And the color of the liquid paper is white, so it applies.
Then I used black mechanical pencil to draw the eyelashes and the green one for her iris.

Awesome, thanks!
Interesting idea- using liquid paper. Then you sketched in the eye shape and painted over it? I may have to try that.
I just saw that you painted the inner ears black too. Nice catch, I didn't even notice that DCC missed those!

Awesome, thanks!
Interesting idea- using liquid paper. Then you sketched in the eye shape and painted over it? I may have to try that.
I just saw that you painted the inner ears black too. Nice catch, I didn't even notice that DCC missed those!

The sculpted eye shape/size remained intact. The liquid paper covered only the inner sculpt of the eyelashes.
After that, I drew/painted the black eyelashes and the green iris with the mechanical pencils over it.

Yes! I actually don't know if in the show the inner ears are indeed black or it's just shadow. But since they're always black, I needed to paint them. :lol

I know I still have a Kenner whip not sure about Isis though. Good thing about not throwing out accessories.

The fact that we are getting characters like Zatanna and Ras, and Roxy Rocket before characters like Btas Ivy and Freeze is actually a really GOOD thing, it means that DCC intends to really go deep with this line. but from a marketing perspective if they just churned out all of the top characters first they would be left with waves and waves of secondary and lesser known characters that wouldn't sell as well.
Therefore they hold off on certain iconic characters and looks so that they can keep the line going for a long time, years hopefully.

Basically would you rather have like 6 or 7 waves of amazing well known characters from btas and then have the line die from poor sales when they try and push out some lesser known characters.
OR would you rather 30+ waves of a large list of well known and lesser known characters ultimately coming together to form a really complete collection of ALL the characters from Btas and Tnba.
While it may take a long time for that to happen, id still rather the second option :) but that may be just me. haha

Having said that though, I am SO excited for a btas mr Freeze. !!!!

The fact that we are getting characters like Zatanna and Ras, and Roxy Rocket before characters like Btas Ivy and Freeze is actually a really GOOD thing, it means that DCC intends to really go deep with this line. but from a marketing perspective if they just churned out all of the top characters first they would be left with waves and waves of secondary and lesser known characters that wouldn't sell as well.
Therefore they hold off on certain iconic characters and looks so that they can keep the line going for a long time, years hopefully.

Basically would you rather have like 6 or 7 waves of amazing well known characters from btas and then have the line die from poor sales when they try and push out some lesser known characters.
OR would you rather 30+ waves of a large list of well known and lesser known characters ultimately coming together to form a really complete collection of ALL the characters from Btas and Tnba.
While it may take a long time for that to happen, id still rather the second option :) but that may be just me. haha

Having said that though, I am SO excited for a btas mr Freeze. !!!!

This!

Back