DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Phew. I was worried Batgirl was going to be too tall, but she seems about the right height to me there. Ivy still seems too big to me though, like maybe she should be just a touch taller than Batgirl.

Is it me, or does that Batgirl look incredibly tiny next to Batman and even Poison Ivy. What was her hight in the series? (sorry for the crappy phone quality picture)

b791066205727cd78f9a0d515b989d1b.jpg

Compared to Bats Batgirl was a shrimp and this version of Batgirl was even more thinner and smaller than the first version IMO

It's like when they changed voices from Melissa Gilbert to Tara Strong, they revamped the character as well. I always thought Gilbert's BG seemed more mature and womanly and this BG ala Strong's voice seemed more younger almost teen like which was about right because at the time, Strong was in her twenties.

That said, I think they got the height spot on

does the over the shoulder cape on previous batman fit on the animated series bats? i realize it would be inaccurate sans blue but just wondering.

Batman and Robin! too Awesome. Can't wait for the Batmobile.
Now they need to do a Retro Batman From Mask of the Phantasm.

Thanks guyver1 ! I will have to see him in person but I think making the eyes bigger and the bat ears more Kenner like will make him even better!

Zelu, I highly recommend you rewatch some (if not all) episodes of the series with Batman in your hands, when you get him.
You'll see that his ears are actually right.

As we were talking a few weeks ago, his face (including ears) change a lot from shot to shot.

I finished rewatching the series just last week, so I have the images of the several angles/shots of his face fresh in mind.
After seeing the video of the review and all the photos posted, I can confirm to you that the ears look right from the side and front, just as if you were seeing him on TV.

Batman and Robin! too Awesome. Can't wait for the Batmobile.
Now they need to do a Retro Batman From Mask of the Phantasm.

Beautiful shot, Battoys!

Still impressed by the colors. So, so accurate.

And Robin is actually in scale. Amazing!

Best figure ever as far as I'm concerned. Now if only they could translate him and Robin to 1/6 with cloth costumes and multiple accessories on a Hot toys/Sideshow scale.

Just waiting on BBTS...:impatient:

Best figure ever as far as I'm concerned. Now if only they could translate him and Robin to 1/6 with cloth costumes and multiple accessories on a Hot toys/Sideshow scale.

Mondo might make your wish be a reality if you see the thread about it

Mondo might make your wish be a reality if you see the thread about it

Ya Saw that thread but would likew to see pics.
URL=https://s198.photobucket.com/user/bikerman_04/media/P1000731_1.jpg.html]
P1000731_1.jpg
[/URL]

Anyone having doubts about BTAS Batman, Don't he is excellent.
My only ***** is that he didn't come with 2 capes

I just wish DC Collectibles tried an attempt to add the blue highlights on him, we can clearly see they can match the blue with the inside cape

I saw this custom online

Damn this would've made this a one of kind collectible because I have yet to see any company do this in action figure scale :thud:

Maybe a Customizer will try with this new figure, but man I wonder how jacked up the price will be

I guess they got the body type right though. I didn't realize the body's where so different in S4

Last edited:

URL=https://s198.photobucket.com/user/bikerman_04/media/P1000731_1.jpg.html]
P1000731_1.jpg
[/URL]

:lol

I actually have this in storage. It was cute, but the articulation on these were pathetic compared to what is out now

The problem with the blue hightlights is that they are inconsistent, totally dependent on the lighting.
It's just the light reflecting. His cape, mask, gloves and boots are black.

I've always understood that and never even bother about the action figures not having them.

Actually, if the DCC TAS Batman didn't have the blue inner part of the cape, I wouldn't even bother, honestly.

The problem with the blue hightlights is that they are inconsistent, totally dependent on the lighting.
It's just the light reflecting. His cape, mask, gloves and boots are black.

I've always understood that and never even bother about the action figures not having them.

Actually, if the DCC TAS Batman didn't have the blue inner part of the cape, I wouldn't even bother, honestly.

Uh not so sure about your theory. Watch every episode. Even in daylight. He had the blue highlights and they might have changed on the cape, but the gloves, undies, boots and head portion were always in the same area. In fact, again because I just started watching the episodes again the only thing that changed in the artwork was how his face looked in every episode, especially around his mouth but I get that.

And again the only time he was truly meant to be completely covered in black is when he appeared as TNBA.

I think it was always intended to be a batman with highlights in his outfit for this series.

Back