DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Just a quick update to these with the new figures that were announced at SDCC :)

Looking at that picture, does anyone else think that a 50/50 split between NBA and TAS is a bit too much NBA? There's some cool designs there, but overall I'm a much much bigger fan of TAS. If I had my choice, the NBA figures would be TAS figures that we haven't got to. So cool to finally have a Gordon, would love to have others that have never been made. Are there any big NBA fans out there? Does anyone prefer it to TAS (I think I might actually prefer the Batman design, but that's it)?

I don't think so. They'll get to any TAS things that they haven't already tackled, eventually; something for everyone, this way...

Looking at that picture, does anyone else think that a 50/50 split between NBA and TAS is a bit too much NBA? There's some cool designs there, but overall I'm a much much bigger fan of TAS. If I had my choice, the NBA figures would be TAS figures that we haven't got to. So cool to finally have a Gordon, would love to have others that have never been made. Are there any big NBA fans out there? Does anyone prefer it to TAS (I think I might actually prefer the Batman design, but that's it)?

I generally prefer the designs of TNBA, with a few exceptions. I like that they are a bit simpler, but some designs are weak, like The Riddler. I prefer TAS Riddler, so that's what I'll get.

I've been picking and choosing, not really being a completist. I don't care for some characters so I'll be skipping some like Creeper, Mad Hatter, Man Bat, and Roxy Rocket.

It's off balance simply because TAS has 85 episodes versus NBA's 24. We spent a lot more time with TAS. I'm glad to see some NBA love in there, just wish the ratio was more balanced.

The NBA had some good episodes, specially the Superman crossover episodes. Also, the Ventriloquist episode, "Double Talk" and "Over the Edge" were really good. The NBA also had some good Joker episodes, but it's too bad his design sucked.

Yeah, they went overboard on the Joker's simplified design. Thankfully they corrected it for Justice League and JLU.

Also, it might feel like TNBA has more figures than BTAS because some of them are double packs, like Croc & Baby Doll and Klarion & Etrigan. So in essence TNBA has more figures even though it has the same number of releases as BTAS.

So, I really want to get into the line... but is now the right time? Aren't they released updated versions that are more sturdy?

Looking at those photos BTAS NEEDS Poison Ivy, Two Face and Mr. Freeze so bad! :)

So, I really want to get into the line... but is now the right time? Aren't they released updated versions that are more sturdy?

The updated Batman and Catwoman come out in December, the second run Man-Bat hits in November, and the second run Robin and Joker hit in January. I know that Batman and Catwoman are updated with no hip holes/sturdier joints, but I'm unsure of any improvements on the other three. With that being said, I'd probably track down The Creeper, if you want him, and then start collecting it as all of the others come out from September onward.

The updated Batman and Catwoman come out in December, the second run Man-Bat hits in November, and the second run Robin and Joker hit in January. I know that Batman and Catwoman are updated with no hip holes/sturdier joints, but I'm unsure of any improvements on the other three. With that being said, I'd probably track down The Creeper, if you want him, and then start collecting it as all of the others come out from September onward.

So the updated versions are improved with sturdier joints and no holes on the hips but otherwise exactly the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think they've come out yet though. The original run with the holes is what shipped around that time last year.

I'm hoping the fix Catwoman's eyes in the second run - that weird protruding bit of plastic that made it look like her eye lids were swollen.

Im surprised how slow these are releasing since they re lower quality than say, Japanese collectables. Im waiting for that Harley quin then im out... until they make more Batmen

Cheers Batfan08, good bit of information to know.

I'll start getting into the line when the Batmobile comes out, since I've had that pre-ordered, but thanks for the info Batfan. :hi5:

Thanks. I guess I'll do that then. These are so mass produced, I don't think it will be difficult at all to get them all.

I'll start getting into the line when the Batmobile comes out, since I've had that pre-ordered, but thanks for the info Batfan. :hi5:

I got that on order, as well as the Mask of the Phantasm two pack.

Back