DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Hey DiFabio, how's the Joker sculpt in hand?

Not as good as Man-Bat's or Robin's.

Paint turned out nicely though on mine. No slop.

Nice. He's the only one I actually have paid for, as, at the time, he was the only one with an actual ship date, but Man-Bat is by far the one I'm most excited about, and, size be damned, Robin looks incredible, as well.

Picked up Joker, Robin and Man-Bat today. Can't wait to open them! Glad to hear that people are digging them!

Nice. He's the only one I actually have paid for, as, at the time, he was the only one with an actual ship date, but Man-Bat is by far the one I'm most excited about, and, size be damned, Robin looks incredible, as well.

The only problem with Man-Bat is the articulation they gave him is useless. He doesn't pose well at all and every point is awkward. The head can't do anything, even on a ball joint. The legs might as well have been static. The neutral arms could have had a bend at the elbow like the animation turn around.

It's a great sculpt, free of issues, but it's a really wonky figure. In regards to flying, having bent arms, and being able to look up, the Kenner figure was/is better.

Robin is fantastic all around and is probably the best of the line. The sculpt is great, the articulation and movent is fine. The only thing that sucks about him is the small height and the useless bola accessory. They should have used real rope/string. It wouldn't have been hard. Instead they gave him a rubbery pitchfork.

Attachments

• DC_Collectibles_Batman_The_Animated_Series_Joker11__scaled_800.jpg
    DC_Collectibles_Batman_The_Animated_Series_Joker11__scaled_800.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 616

got man-bat, couldn't resist when i saw it at LCS, tugged on me childhood feels and all that and same price as others in wave? sold.

fail that the cant look up for a proper flying pose. but all else is cool and wait for it... now i need that joker. son of a!:panic:

I've got to agree about Joker looking great. I'm going to have to scout out my LCS and find the one with the best paint apps.

Honestly, though, if they had to go for The Last Laugh, I'd probably trade the comb, the perfume bottle, and, I believe he had another "grooming" item, for the shopping cart. Wait, did he come with the perfume bottle? I thought that was listed in the specs, and, at least, unlike the comb, you could kind of recreate him "spritzing his pits.":lol

The perfume bottle was indeed listed on the early list of accessories, like the one uploaded to Amazon.

Not only the perfume bottle, but also his card. :horror

It was as follows:

Comes with a helmet, make up sponge, knife, pearl necklace, telescope, Joker card, brick, additional hands, comb and cologne bottle

Don't know what happened, tho... :dunno

Where is the Batgirl that's been posted a couple of times available for order? I've searched but can't seem to find it.

Where is the Batgirl that's been posted a couple of times available for order? I've searched but can't seem to find it.

It's part of Wave 3, and, as such, isn't available, yet. It should be available for Pre-Order through the usual channels like the rest of them, though. You may need to search "The New Batman Adventures Batgirl," if you still can't find it, though.

It's part of Wave 3, and, as such, isn't available, yet. It should be available for Pre-Order through the usual channels like the rest of them, though. You may need to search "The New Batman Adventures Batgirl," if you still can't find it, though.
Actually I think I figured out that it's a custom. I was confused by it but it looks real.

Congrats on getting them guys!! ^^

Robin looks fantastic! (I just wish he was tiny, tiny bit taller)

Gonna order series 1 and 2 now that BBTS has these in stock.

Quick question. Why does series 2 only have three figures? I thought these were going to be four per wave...

The 4th figure is TNBA Poison Ivy but she has been re scheduled for later

What a great week for Batman stuff! I got the MEz exclusive version of DKR Batman, my son got the PX version (mine arrives next week), and 3 new BTAS figures!

The figures definitely feel sturdier this go-round. All 3 rock, but aren't without minor gripes. Robin seems really small, and his articulation can be a little funky to pose around. Man-Bat (while huge and AWESOME) doesn't have much in the way of useful arm joints. Joker is actually the one I have the least to nitpick on... as long as you can find good paint.

Overall though... SUPER happy with these!

Sallah

Last edited:
Back