DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Hey, I'm in the same boat. Maybe they could offer discounted replacements with proof of purchase? :dunno

Yes, but as I asked above, what about the people who bought the first figures released? :(

Buy them again or don't?

I only have one Catwoman (carded, unopened), but I would definitely get another one if it was proven that they improved the plastic, got rid of the hip holes and increased the quality control. I'd even buy TNBA Batman again after my bad experience with it if they improves everything.

I'd love them to give me a reason to buy multiples (carded, loose, double loose) and even go all in with the line.

I'm really glad with my Catwoman (and she's the only figure I've bought so far).

What would really make me buy another Catwoman right away would be if they re-released her without those sculpted "eye lids".
Even though mine came well painted, I still don't like them being sculpted.

But I'd consider buying another one if they re-released her without the hip holes, as it'd look awkward to have only her with those holes.

Well, who knows...

The eye lids don't look too bad if you repaint them. Here is my Catwoman's fixup :)

Oh wow, that's amazing. Great work.

OH MY GOD!!!

How much do you want to repaint mine? LOL

I've been able to fix some minor issues on my figures, but doing such a big fixup is beyond my abilities.

Can you teach me?

Did you fully repaint the eyes? Like, "erased" the original paint and did a new one?

Or you "just" extended the black eyelashes and expanded her iris?

This is a FANTASTIC work! Congratulations!!

She looks so dead on!

That is a fantastic repaint.

As for the loss of hip holes and possible re-releases of the figures, I'd buy them again. The ones I have are just standing like statues at work because they're so fragile anyway, so it'd be neat to get a few that I could actually pose and then look better overall.

Honestly, I probably would, too. I was lucky enough to find mine on sale at a local place, during the holidays, so, it wouldn't be too big of a loss.

*studying that repaint on Catwoman*

Planning to repaint mine tomorrow. For sure.

I'm so impressed how better she looks, I can't even tell.
SO accurate.

Given DCC's fondness for re-releases, I definitely expect to see the wave one figures released again; likely as a boxed set.

I really don't see how that looks like a batmobile. I hope it is.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So.... what you are saying is we are getting an animated Batmobile for the six inch figures???

:woo

I hope this badass BTAS batmobile comes with double seat for both Bats and Robin. :hi5:

AND comes with a clothed cape for Bats, so he can seat properly. :lecture

Honestly, while I wouldn't mind a cloth cape, they could probably even include a sort of molded half cape that you can put on him so it doesn't bunch up under his thighs and legs. Include a little slot where you can lock the cape into place in the car seat, pop Batman's head off, slip his body into position under the cape, and pop it back on.

Honestly, while I wouldn't mind a cloth cape, they could probably even include a sort of molded half cape that you can put on him so it doesn't bunch up under his thighs and legs. Include a little slot where you can lock the cape into place in the car seat, pop Batman's head off, slip his body into position under the cape, and pop it back on.

LOL So many things to do/include. :rotfl

A clothed cape would be pretty much simpler: "remove the plastic cape from Batman and put the clothed one on". :lecture :clap

It's the rear end of the BTAS Batmobile, the outer points being the back wheel fins and the inner points being the canopy fins.

Hope so. We'll know in 3 weeks. It might come with some accessories from a specific episode, maybe lights and sound too. :yess:

Back