DC Direct Batman VS Killer Croc statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the change in size is simply because the final product has Batmans cape curled downwards instead of up and out like the protoype...an improvement if you ask me. When I was working on the statue the Art director wanted the cape to be opened into a clear Almost graphic batman like symbol. I always felt it was a bit stiff like that and I really like the naturally hanging tips of this final product. They simply heated the tips on the resin stage and gently pulled them downward. I was very pleased to see this as it gives the cape a believable sense of movement, which is important for such a dynamic design.

hi ray! don't get me wrong, as i said, i saw this piece upclose at our LCS and stared at it for quite a long time. i love the sculpt, it looks great, and the cape doesn't really bother me at all. the paintjob is the only thing that makes me a bit hesitant to get this. i hope it's just that single piece that has those problems, and not every piece out there.

i have your green lantern museum quality statue and it's one of my favorite pieces. thanks for the great sculpts! i just hope QC at DC doesn't ruin them most of the time.

the change in size is simply because the final product has Batmans cape curled downwards instead of up and out like the protoype...an improvement if you ask me. When I was working on the statue the Art director wanted the cape to be opened into a clear Almost graphic batman like symbol. I always felt it was a bit stiff like that and I really like the naturally hanging tips of this final product. They simply heated the tips on the resin stage and gently pulled them downward. I was very pleased to see this as it gives the cape a believable sense of movement, which is important for such a dynamic design.

You did an incredible job. Do they have plans for more 'Batman Vs.' pieces, or is this it?

I think you can always count on the promo piece having a better paint job than the actual production pieces.

:lecture....

Always the case.

Nice feedback on the process Ray. The proto cape does look a bit stiff and showy, it's a good thing they went for the natural look to the cape. Great work on the sculpt by the way.

I agree.. it looks so much better.

I think it looks pretty darn good. The sculpt on Killer Croc is amazing and the paint looks terrific. The word "Gotham" on the manhole cover is cool.

I think it looks great. Mine looks fine... Croc is amazing... in my setting I don't fine any flaws and there is such detail ... I am happy with the purchase.

some pictures.I threw a little rust color and such on the sewer cap.
bcp1.jpg

bcp2.jpg

bcp3.jpg

bcp4.jpg

bcp5.jpg

bcp6.jpg

bcp7.jpg

bcp8.jpg

...and I also dry-brushed a slightly lighter gray sparingly over the pavement. Two easy little tweaks to better match the solicited images. Most companies seem to dial back the paint apps a tad in the production phase. The promo pieces are always painted just a wee bit better.

thanks for the great piece and pics Ray. appreciate it. you're the man! :) good thing DC has people like you or else no one would even touch their stats.

This DC piece is awesome!

Saw this at my LCS today and had to pick it up. This is my first DC piece and I love it! Easily one of the best dioramas I have seen in the past 12 months. The detail of the sculpt is incredible and the paint job is top notch.

Hope this line continues, loving it!

Uuh love this stat and have just order it at Diamond distributor and can't wait to have it aaah

Great pics! I absolutely love this piece.
I just received mine this past Wednesday.

I like the ideea of using rust colors for the walls in my statue room display...
I think I'll look into some possibilities. Thanks for the inspiration, Ray!

Great pics! I still don't get why they added the bones to the base. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Batman and Killer Croc breaking up through a street? Why would their be bones on the street? To me at least, adding that Manhole cover makes me thing it is a street on not just somewhere in the sewer.

Back