DC Direct Batman VS Killer Croc statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hope we can see more in-hand pics of this piece. for now, i'm officially disappointed at how the actual piece ended up compared to the prototype, especially the paintjob. the mere dark ring around croc's eyes is no longer there, lessens the menacing look of the character in my opinion. that's only one of the issues i see.

about 1/7 maybe 1/8 scale. The cape at it highest point measures 14" and it wingspan point to point is about 12".

All my pics were taken with a 3.1 mega pixel camera, i'm sure better pics will follow.

The scale does not bother me one bit. It is hands down the most dynamic piece i own or have seen. This piece is enjoyable from all angles.

The $250.00 price tag is a bit steep, but it's worth every penny. This statue is off the hook.

Why did they change the cape? And Killer Croc's color seems off from the prototype.

and it seems even the size itself was changed. in dc's website, it says that the height of this piece is 16.5", now the actual piece measures 14" high. even the width went short by .75". what gives?

don't get me wrong, i've always wanted to get this piece, i was even contemplating on cancelling some of my sideshow items just to be able to buy this, but now that it came out, i don't know, i'm just not impressed with it compared to the countless times i've been staring at the product shots over at dc's website.

also, did it come in one piece? or were there some detachable parts? thanks!

and it seems even the size itself was changed. in dc's website, it says that the height of this piece is 16.5", now the actual piece measures 14" high. even the width went short by .75". what gives?

don't get me wrong, i've always wanted to get this piece, i was even contemplating on cancelling some of my sideshow items just to be able to buy this, but now that it came out, i don't know, i'm just not impressed with it compared to the countless times i've been staring at the product shots over at dc's website.

It's all one piece.

This statue is one of the better executed statues i've seen in recent memory. Kind similar to the Friday the 13th pt. 7 scream scene. Ambitious idea, and the final product deilvered ten fold. If i were you I reserve your judgement until you see this piece in person, because it's gonna knock your socks off.

and once again, my pics were taken with a 3.1 mega pixel camera (very outdated)

about 1/7 maybe 1/8 scale. The cape at it highest point measures 14" and it wingspan point to point is about 12".

All my pics were taken with a 3.1 mega pixel camera, i'm sure better pics will follow.

The scale does not bother me one bit. It is hands down the most dynamic piece i own or have seen. This piece is enjoyable from all angles.

The $250.00 price tag is a bit steep, but it's worth every penny. This statue is off the hook.

It still looks amazing to me.

I don't think any proto has ever matched the final product to a "T". Nature of the beast.

Does the cape look that much different from the proto ?

Paint apps will always be an issue when you go to production.

Question... how does it compare to Joker vs. Batman for scale ? I'd like to display the two on one curio.

It still looks amazing to me.

I don't think any proto has ever matched the final product to a "T". Nature of the beast.

Does the cape look that much different from the proto ?

Paint apps will always be an issue when you go to production.

Question... how does it compare to Joker vs. Batman for scale ? I'd like to display the two on one curio.

I believe it's about the same scale. It's not 1/6 smaller more like 1/7 - 1/8.

Here is the proto pic shown on DC Direct website:
batman_vs_killercroc.jpg

The cape's points (the highest/top one) seem to be straight out, almost to a point. The actual piece has the hightst points more rounded as opposed to straight out. Doesn't bother me at all.

Here are the comic con pics (i know the 2nd if from the Con, not sure about the 1st):
IMG_7665.JPG
[/IMG]

batmanvscroc.jpg

here is my pic (this first (darker) pic resembles the actual statue more than the CON pic...i think it has to do with being able to fit it in the box. I took 3 Batman vs Croc statues out of the box and they ALL had the rounded cape.
IMGA0728.jpg

All the paint jobs vary, and my lighting conditions are far from optimal. This statue is actually quite difficult to photograph, i tried capturing the same angles, but after examining my pics vs theirs, i have a long way to go (when it comes to photo skills) :)

Well it looks good to me...

I don't think it makes sense for the cape to stick straight out so the natural curve seems more real.

I do agree that I think the Croc's eyes could have been a little darker. More menacing that way to me anyway.

Don't have mine yet, but from the pics it looks pretty close to the proto. Still one of the best things DCD has ever done, IMHO.

saw this piece today at our LCS. the sculpt is really outstanding, but it does seem a lot smaller than what is stated on dc's website of having a 16.5" height. i'm just not happy with the paintjob. first, batman's skintone is too pale, second, on croc's hand and the part of the arms inbetween the bandages, the paint seemed to be rushly applied, just splashed on the surface and that's it, no drybrushing whatsoever. the way croc's body and chest was painted looks great, and the overall look of the statue closely resembles the prototype, as long as you look at it as a whole. but once you examine every detail, the paintjob just ruins it for me.

I think you can always count on the promo piece having a better paint job than the actual production pieces.

the change in size is simply because the final product has Batmans cape curled downwards instead of up and out like the protoype...an improvement if you ask me. When I was working on the statue the Art director wanted the cape to be opened into a clear Almost graphic batman like symbol. I always felt it was a bit stiff like that and I really like the naturally hanging tips of this final product. They simply heated the tips on the resin stage and gently pulled them downward. I was very pleased to see this as it gives the cape a believable sense of movement, which is important for such a dynamic design.

the change in size is simply because the final product has Batmans cape curled downwards instead of up and out like the protoype...an improvement if you ask me. When I was working on the statue the Art director wanted the cape to be opened into a clear Almost graphic batman like symbol. I always felt it was a bit stiff like that and I really like the naturally hanging tips of this final product. They simply heated the tips on the resin stage and gently pulled them downward. I was very pleased to see this as it gives the cape a believable sense of movement, which is important for such a dynamic design.

Nice feedback on the process Ray. The proto cape does look a bit stiff and showy, it's a good thing they went for the natural look to the cape. Great work on the sculpt by the way.

I think it looks pretty darn good. The sculpt on Killer Croc is amazing and the paint looks terrific. The word "Gotham" on the manhole cover is cool.

Back