DC Direct 13" Absolute Sandman!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't get my display to look good (needs a backdrop and a better shelf) but this figure is gorgeous. He's easily my favorite thing in my collection right now. I didn't buy him, my boyfriend did, and he got a discount because we're frequent shoppers at that comic book store, but I think the figure is worth the money that was paid for it. He just looks so good. My one complaint is that the joint on his right wrist is too loose to hold up the skull with Matthew sitting on top. It's too heavy and spins around and falls. I've got him holding it now but there's poster tac holding it to his palm. But he's so awesome! While I'm recovering from my second surgery I'm going to read every volume of The Sandman all over again. It's been a few years. :)

I just won it on EBay and can't wait until it arrives. With all the raves the figure has been getting in this thread, I think it will be a great addition to my collection.

I have to say I know some of you are saying the 125 price is high, but once you own it...man its definately worth it. Check mine out....

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

Cool pics! I should be getting mine today from UPS, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

Here a pic of my Sandman. He's a very nice fig and the accessories are incredible. This fig is cheap and easy to get if you buy it off of EBay.
Sandman.jpg

Does anyone want to part with their Goldie?? I sent my Sandman fig off to my brother for his bday and apparently my gf liked Goldie more that I realized. Oops. :slap

Last edited:
Just got one off ebay for $60. Think its worth that price. Just wanted to ask those how have this figure if it sands too tall next to 1/6 hot toys, medicom, enterbay, etc figures? Also, has anyone tried to fit it on a True Type body? if so, which body works and how did you solve the wrists peg issue??

Just got one off ebay for $60. Think its worth that price. Just wanted to ask those how have this figure if it sands too tall next to 1/6 hot toys, medicom, enterbay, etc figures? Also, has anyone tried to fit it on a True Type body? if so, which body works and how did you solve the wrists peg issue??
I've got one, and it's hard to say if he's too tall next to other 1:6 figures; Morpheus has usually been depicted as being rather tall.

The primary obstacle to doing a body swap is where to find a well-articulated 1:6 body with white skin. The articulation on the DC Direct body really blows, but you can pose him where his cloak covers up the unsightly joints.

I've got one, and it's hard to say if he's too tall next to other 1:6 figures; Morpheus has usually been depicted as being rather tall.

The primary obstacle to doing a body swap is where to find a well-articulated 1:6 body with white skin. The articulation on the DC Direct body really blows, but you can pose him where his cloak covers up the unsightly joints.

I had the figure and sent it to my brother as a present. Morpheus is on the shorter DCD body. It's the same body that Robin and a couple of the other shorter characters are on. He actually fits in pretty well with regular 1/6 scale figures (Hot Toys, Sideshow), especially if the character is supposed to be somewhat tall. I tried his clothes on a regular TT and they fit, so I believe they will easily fit onto a narrow shoulder body (unfortunately the skin is tan). The articulation blows big time on his regular body for sure (it's the worst body to pose in the whole line).

The older style TrueType pegs fit onto the DCD hands, HT still use these pegs on most of their gloved hands.

I was thinking I can maybe paint the TT body to match Dream's head...anyone ever try painting these things? What grid sandpaper or primer did you use, if any? boy I have a lot of question:confused:

It's actually better looking than expected but that price is a joke.

I'd bought mine for around $40 and with the accessories included, I think it's well worth that.

I picked this up for £25.00. which I think's a good price - he arrived this morning. I really like this figure and all the accessories, but the body feels somewhat stiff.

Has anyone tried switching the sculpt onto a HT body? Is there even a colour that matches.

I have a 3A boiler Zomb that I don't really like, so I'm considering doing some swapping - it's not quited the right color though :-(

Here's mine. Got it from a comic book store in Manhattan. I'm probably the only guy in Dubai with this. I love Neil's work. I'd love it if they made figures based on characters in Neverwhere.

(PS, I had my flash on when i took these photos and they created a kind of haze around the figure. Works for me!)

24883_425301590048_602850048_5503119_2805686_n.jpg

24883_425301595048_602850048_5503120_8116772_n.jpg

24883_425301630048_602850048_5503125_4977424_n.jpg

24883_425301680048_602850048_5503131_2621437_n.jpg

He is a tad taller than other 1/6 figures. But then again, he's not from this world... kinda fits.

24883_425301730048_602850048_5503140_1256731_n.jpg

Back