DC Direct 1:6 Sinestro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 13" DC Direct Sinestro

Before we see any other Sinestro Corps members, I would expect maybe Atrocitus, Agent Orange, Saint Walker, and some of the forthcoming Black Lanterns of prominence. If they made any other Sinestro Corps members, I would like Arkillo; anyone who can stand toe to toe with Kilowog is deserving of a figural incarnation. Then there are Rayner infused with Parallax, Cyborg Superman, Superman Prime, and Karu-Sil. Any sound good to me.

I doubt if they'd make a Kilowog. He's just too bulky and they would have to tool a new mold for a base body. A Hank Henshaw/cyborg would be awesome though!! I for one would like a 1/6 Kryb figure!! She just so damn spooky!!

I doubt if they'd make a Kilowog. He's just too bulky and they would have to tool a new mold for a base body. A Hank Henshaw/cyborg would be awesome though!! I for one would like a 1/6 Kryb figure!! She just so damn spooky!!

But they could use the Kilowog body for Darkseid, Doomsday and, and...?

I'm really interested in seeing the Black Lanterns especially since they are essentially Zombies. I would buy those in a heartbeat.

I'm really interested in seeing the Black Lanterns especially since they are essentially Zombies. I would buy those in a heartbeat.

Martian Manhunter and Earth-2 Superman will be among the Black Lanterns (pictures of their forthcoming action figures were leaked) and it's rumored that the list of its Corps members could extent WAY back through the pantheon of every DC character who has taken a permanent dirt nap, such as Orion... and including possibly Thomas and Martha Wayne.

I'm not following the current GL saga, but I imagine that there are a ton of other DC characters I'd want before any zombie versions. I guess this is DC's answer to Marvel Zombies?

I'm not following the current GL saga, but I imagine that there are a ton of other DC characters I'd want before any zombie versions. I guess this is DC's answer to Marvel Zombies?

That is what if feels like only instead of a alternative universe they will be the dead of the DC Universe able to walk around....I'm expecting a "DEAD" JLA with heroes and villains long dead coming back....

I'm interested to see what they look like I'll have to search out those leaked images.

Black.jpg

Is there a reason why the rings have the Black Hand logo on it?

Check this out:
A recent promotional release from DC Direct advertising their upcoming "Blackest Night" action figures has shown that some of the Black Lanterns will be the Earth-Two Superman and the Martian Manhunter. Other characters mentioned as future Black Lanterns are Ronnie Raymond aka Firestorm, Conner Kent aka Superboy and, possibly, Aquaman. Scar, one of the Guardians of the Universe will become their Guardian.

Black Central Battery:

Blacklantern.jpg

Black Ring:

544975-ring_black_2007_12_26001copy_super.jpg

Cant wait for Blackest Night figures to come out. ANyways, Back on topic. I just got my Sinestro figure in... Excellent figure but he's freakishly taller than the rest of my 1/6 figures!! At 14" he's taller than the HT predator figures. I'd say he's more at 1/5 scale. Regardless... I think he's one of the better "1/6" DC Direct to come out yet.

I like the twisted little Guardian who is writing the Black Book and that the Anti-Monitor is imprisoned within the Black Power Battery.

Dave, if you're considering picking up any DC book, I recommend GL. DC is going to revolve around it over the coming year.

I'm pumped about Agent Orange and his Corps. Justifying them as a tangible threat propelled by greed is interesting. The way they are doing it is by making ALL of the Orange Corps members predators, having led some manner of life having to stalk and kill prey. It makes sense, because what does a predator do when it brings down a victim? It vigorously covets its new prize and doesn't allow for any to share in the quarry. A brilliant way to make this Corps just as menacing as those following Sinestro and Atrocitus.

When we get our first glimpse of the Orange Corps, we see them on their homeworld in Sector 666, into which the Guardians never venture (apparently we will see why that is imminently). The Controllers are apparently seeking the Orange Lantern rings for their own ends... but it seems like they are going to be thwarted most violently. Agent Orange appears to sleep in what looks like a tomb, deep within swamp/jungle-like flora... all choked in vines. His Corps members already look to be there, encased in stone or earth... waiting to be awakened. This arc is going to kick ass. GL is the best book DC has going right now, by far. :rock

I read them, but I wait for the trades - so I've read the Sinestro Corps. but I'm not going to start buying individual comics.

I can understand that. You can always download the torrents, not that I'm advocating that sort of thing. ;)

Buying individual issues is an expensive hobby. If you're not heavily-invested emotionally in the characters and/or stories, I understand reticence to start buying comics regularly.

Buying individual issues is an expensive hobby. If you're not heavily-invested emotionally in the characters and/or stories, I understand reticence to start buying comics regularly.

:lecture Yes it is!

When I was younger I bought a lot of comics, each visit to my LCS cost me about $20.00 to $30.00.

That's why I keep it at six titles per month now.

:lecture Yes it is!

When I was younger I bought a lot of comics, each visit to my LCS cost me about $20.00 to $30.00.

That's why I keep it at six titles per month now.

20-30 is about the going rate I'm finding myself in. Unless an issue comes out that I desperately have been waiting for, I usually let the comic book store compile my comics and I drop by every 2-3 weeks.

DC Direct: 1:6 Sinestro

(Since this was released before the DC Forum)

Just got this bad boy today and I was really surprised how much I actually like him and how tall he is. One of the better of the DCD 1:6 line and definitely one of the ones that would have been worth the original retail price IMHO.

On with the pics:

Sinestro001.jpg

Sinestro003.jpg

Sinestro004.jpg

Sinestro005.jpg

Sinestro006.jpg

Sinestro008.jpg

Sinestro009.jpg

Sinestro010.jpg

Sinestro011.jpg

Sinestro012.jpg

Great pics Mike. I've always loved that Andy sculpt. Just wish this line really was 1:6 scale then I'd dive in head first. I know if I get Sinestro I'll end up getting Green Lantern Corp figure, and probably 3 extras for each head :rolleyes:

Threads merged by the way.

Back