DC Direct 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interestingly enough there is absolutely no news on this front for future figures, not even rumors spinning the mills. Whenever DCD was asked about it in recent times they just pump up the KC Superman, Alan and Justice Bats figures and that's it. A stark contrast to a year ago when hints were being dropped about all three.

It's not looking good for this line at this point....

It's not looking good for this line at this point....

If the line continues, great. I'll support it. But I'm fine if it's canceled even if it is my favorite series.

I've got the founding members of the JLA and that's really all I want out of a line of figures anyway.

I was hoping for a few more JLA members. Oh well.

You would think that with Jay and Alan being done that is where they were going, then again they created a new body for Robin and never followed up with the Titans....

True. They never made Hawkman or even Hawkgirl.

The Hawks were out since day one. DCD was quoted multiple times in saying that creating the wings in 1/6 scale would be too costly and would send the figure into a price range that wouldn't sell. Considering how many people buy their DCD 13" in the secondary market for less than half I'd say it was a smart business move. The customs I've seen leave much to be desired especially in mask and for some reason multiple people try to do actual "feather" wings which look goofy, not to mention the body doesn't lend itself well to the costuming of at least classic Hawkman.

So no pics of the new Batman figure?

I actually passed on it....for now. HT is killing me and even there I can't swing all the figures I want so DCD gets cut simply due to the knowledge that those figures will be clearanced soon enough.

I picked it up and like it except for the fact there is little to no head articulation.

PICTURES!!!!!! :wave

I will..I just finally opened it last night and to be honest, was so pissed off that his "28 points of articulation" did not include his f*&^ing head.

The head and cowl are molded as one piece.

The hands have been improved, as they attach as one gauntlet and the cape is a thinner, longer version.

I picked it up and like it except for the fact there is little to no head articulation.

That was the case for KC Supes too. They opted for the cut joint, instead of a ball joint as the previous figures had.

That was the case for KC Supes too. They opted for the cut joint, instead of a ball joint as the previous figures had.

And I'd be cool with that, but there is no cut joint on Batman.

I have been waiting for this figure for ever..the Ross/Justice look is my fav Batman version and for $85 I feel cheated.

Over the holiday break I cracked open "The Big Six," and put them on display:

justice3.jpg

The only one I modified was WW, and that was just a mascara upgrade. Supes could use some eyelashes at some point...

Last edited:
And I'd be cool with that, but there is no cut joint on Batman.

I have been waiting for this figure for ever..the Ross/Justice look is my fav Batman version and for $85 I feel cheated.

Really? I hate Ross' take on Batman. He does a great job on Supes and WW, but the taffeta gloves, cape and cowl, combined with the thunder thighs he gives Bats, makes me cringe. Differing tastes make the world go 'round, and I know I'm in the minority on this one.

Sorry the figure was a disappointment, mate.

Gipetto0812, here's the photo you requested:

ww2.jpg

Last edited:
Gipetto0812, I just cut the straps, and she looks great. You can adjust the bustier easily, going from Lynda Carter to Linda Lovelace in seconds.

Over the holiday break I cracked open "The Big Six," and put them on display:

justice3.jpg

The only one I modified was WW, and that was just a mascara upgrade. Supes could use some eyelashes at some point...

No Martian Manhunter? Then you'd have "The Big Seven".

ww2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I hated this figure when it first came out, but after having her for awhile she grew on me. Other than the paint apps on the face, it's a pretty decent figure. The quality of the outfit surpases every "classic" WW doll on the market, and that includes Tonner.

I've bought and sold about half a dozen and I still have two lying around the house still in the box. I haven't tried a repaint, but after seeing this I'm inspired to try. It's the best adjustment on this figure I've seen so far.

I never got into MM. Don't know why. If I got one for $25, I'd put it on display (I suppose.)

I kicked myself for not getting MM for $25 when my LCS had him on clearance. when i finally said "okay" it was gone :(

I miss these DCD figures. Started getting all caught up with HT that I forget all about these guys.

Back