DC Direct 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody here know what type of cloth is used on the DC figures? What are they called? I want to do some customizing and would like to order some.

Thanks,
junior

I believe Alan was pushed back three times before finally being released. So I would imagine we won't officially get Bats (What looks like the last figure of this line) until February.

Did DC announce this was the last figure of the line? Peeps have been saying this for a long time. I remember they said dame thing a few months ago and then they announced Kingdom Come Superman and the Justice bats.

DC never announced officially that it was the last. The SDCC of 2009, Georg Brewer mentioned Alan Scott unofficially and that the 13" line would undergo some "drastic" changes to be able to continue. Nothing was mentioned past that. People assumed that the new style of "skin" and sculpting was the change but an SDCC passed with not even a whisper of the line and that's not good. If we don't see a new figure previewed by Toy Fair in February, I would say its pretty clear that the line is gone.

I still want to get a "Classic" Batman to stand next to my Robin and Batgirl in my collection. Anyone know where I can find the DC Direct 13" Classic Batman at a reasonable price online? :dunno

Please let me know...if you know. Thanks! :wave

Time for DC to negotiate something with Hot Toys. . .

That's another rumor that has been swirling around after SDCC. The thing is that DCD is so tight with the license in house that I wonder if they would outsource it.

I still want to get a "Classic" Batman to stand next to my Robin and Batgirl in my collection. Anyone know where I can find the DC Direct 13" Classic Batman at a reasonable price online?

Keep tabs on eBay. I've seen it go for about $50 a couple of times in the last couple of months. I got mine coupled with Batman Beyond lower than MSRP.

I'd rather they not outsource to hot toys.
just make them TRUE 1/6th scale, and all would be well.

Doubt we'd ever see hot toys make that many figures from dc's comic line. 3-4 supermans, a batman or two, possible a comic joker ( though that would be epic. I'd sell my ledger joker if they did a comic one) and that'd likely be it. ... then again I could be wrong.

And before people start Crying like luke on an antenna
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cbeR6uYxU50?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cbeR6uYxU50?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

about my statement regarding how many they'd make, take a look at hot toys history of "incomplete" lines.

I agree. No need to outsource to HT and make the price skyrocket. DCD has shown it can do quality stuff with GL Scott and KC Superman. Just need to re-place the bicep and thigh cut and cut down on the price. This line should have been priced at 60.00 per figure. I don't really mind the 13 inch scale. As a group, they rock! I just got the Zatanna and CAtwoman for 50 each and I think that will finish off the line for me.

yea the figures definitely shouldn't be priced so high. But for some like GL Scott, KC Superman AND Movie version of Jonah Hex, the paint apps have greatly improved. I saw DCD 13" Jonah Hex at my LCS and I was quite impressed and wanted to buy the figure right then and there but it was just too pricey though the paint apps on it were just superb that I'm trying to find a cheap on even though the movie sucked

But even with the impressive new/better paint, they're still not worth over $100 IMO. Only if the costumes were extremely top notch would I say they're worth over $100

You mean the blue one or the grey one?

Yes!

Seriously, though, I'm sure he's referring to the blue and grey classic version with the bat symbol in a yellow oval, vs the black and grey modern version.

The thing is that I know very few people who buy the figures out right. The only figure I have done that with recently is Alan and thats because I wanted him sooner than later. Most of DCD collection came from eBay and cost almost half the MSRP for many. If the dealers can charge that for new unopened product no reason that DCD shouldn't be near that price and that will keep people not buying direct and hurting the line overall.

Over the years , I've picked up both the Classic and Modern Bats , Classic Supes ( 2nd release ) Robin, as well as the "Returns" Superman at discount prices here in the U.K . I love 'em, despite their "problems" as they remind me of my old Megos . The size isn't an issue as they display well together and I'd definately pick up more , as long as they were a bargain . I couldn't bring myself to pay the full RRP though !

The thing is that I know very few people who buy the figures out right. The only figure I have done that with recently is Alan and thats because I wanted him sooner than later. Most of DCD collection came from eBay and cost almost half the MSRP for many. If the dealers can charge that for new unopened product no reason that DCD shouldn't be near that price and that will keep people not buying direct and hurting the line overall.

Yeah, I've seen some insane deals on the DCD figures. I think I paid $25ish shipped for Sinestro :lol I just needed the body for another custom.

I got Modern Batman AND Robin for $60 shipped. eBay really has some great deals. A buddy of mine got a Nightwing still in package for $15 shipped.

Like I said it'll be difficult to pay MSRP.

That's another rumor that has been swirling around after SDCC. The thing is that DCD is so tight with the license in house that I wonder if they would outsource it.
Huge profit potential there. And they have worked with Hot Toys for importing and distributing both the Dark Knight figures and Batman Cosbabies. But then again, DCD screwed up and dropped Minimates and does not seem to grasp the fact that collectors demand more articulation than what they are giving in 6 inch toys.

I did read recently that Georg Brewer was leaving, though, so maybe some common sense (read: Hot Toys DC comic license!!) will prevail in the long run. They need to outsource their statues to Sideshow while they're at it.

Back