DC Direct 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$15... wow, that's almost an insultingly low price :lol

But I'd almost pay $15 not to have Nightwing in my collection :lol

How easy is it to convert these guys to 12" figure bodies? I'm thinking more of outfits and headsculpts, as I know the boots and hands will be all out of whack.

Are the heads much too large also?

Heads shouldn't be a problem size-wise if you can fit them on a different body. Outfits might look a bit large, but somebody posted a customized Superman on a T800 body.
I think it's in one of the Superman threads.

It really depends on the figure... a lot of the DCD figures are a bit pin-headed so they can sometimes be used on other bodies. But the outfits would need a lot of work as they are made for such huge bodies.

Heads shouldn't be a problem size-wise if you can fit them on a different body. Outfits might look a bit large, but somebody posted a customized Superman on a T800 body.
I think it's in one of the Superman threads.

It's in this thread as well.

Thanks for the info guys, I have a T-800 body...

What kind of connector do the heads have though? Can they fit a body already on the market or would I need to improvise?

Question: Ever run into that problem when you do your laundry and your clothing shrinks because of the detergent used or something? I was wondering what causes that and if it can be used to shrink the costumes of these DCD costume to fit on a regular 12 inch body?

I doubt they will. This line seems like it is in it's deaththroes. We haven't had any announcement of new figures for more than 6 months.

Toy Fair is in February. DCD always makes a showing. If there isn't a 1/6 shown there you can call this line dead. This isn't like their PFs where they do one a year, this line was a monthly thing for the most part until recent times.

This is my favorite line from DCD. I've been with it since day one, and I have all the comics-based figures.

It'll be a shame to see it end, and I was hoping that they were going to transition into a 13" "Justice" line, or at the very least Ross inspired versions of the JSA. Even putting one or two figures out a year would have made me happy, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The past few solicts this year have been "manufactured to order" so the sales on these must really be down when they won't commit to an edition size upfront.

Picked up Kingdom Come Superman from a LCS for $50 today. I had been planning on picking it up eventually anyway and figured it was worth that.

I see there are auctions with the Justice Batman in hand even though he is scheduled for release next week so I will have to try find him locally to take a look at it before I pick it up. It looks like the figure has soft boots on the figure and what looks like might be a pair of hard boots in the box.

Rwooowr Natrix :lol

$50 for the Supes sounds like a good deal... I know I'm a broken record, but I just can't get past the scale of the damn things.

Didn't you read my post? He is scheduled for release next week but there are a couple in hand auctions on eBay already.

He seems to have been released a week early, then, at least in some areas. I just got a shipping notice from Tales of Wonder.

I picked up my "Justice" Alex Ross Batman today from my LCS, and he's really impressive. He looks like an enlarged version of the smaller figure that came out a few years ago.

Haven't had time to take him out of the box yet, but he comes with an extra set of gloved hands that go all the way up the forearm, and a Batarang.

If DCD's discontinued this line, they went out on a high note with the final three figures: Golden Age GL, Kingdom Come Superman, and this final Batman.

I really hope this isn't the end. I'd like to see more Ross "Justice" figures.

I preordered him through but haven't received any notice yet. DCBservice will probably get them next week. The ebay pix look pretty cool though. Would love to be able to pose him like the pic on the box where he is dropping from the sky or whatever it was.

Back