DC Direct 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think DCD's 1/6 line is better:

DSCN1123-1.jpg

DSCN1123-2.jpg

DSCN1125-1.jpg

DSCN1127-2.jpg

This line somehow got a bad rap along the way.

I wasn't that impressed with even the in-hand pics of Batman, but I finally found one at a price I couldn't turn down, and I must say he's probably the best piece in my collection.

After I got him I ordered Supes and WW---so here's hoping they turn out great as well.

While I love the look of the figures, Im not a fan of but the 13" scale. They are pretty cool though. My kid is big time into JLA right now, and im picking some of these to put around his room. Hopefully they come around to some Alex Ross versions.

I have the Batman and love it, I actually have him displayed with my Sideshow PFs. Also, I have the Wonder Woman on order and am looking very forward to receiving her soon. The Superman looks too cheesy in every photo I've seen, so I'll be avoiding him big time.

I have the Batman and love it, I actually have him displayed with my Sideshow PFs. Also, I have the Wonder Woman on order and am looking very forward to receiving her soon. The Superman looks too cheesy in every photo I've seen, so I'll be avoiding him big time.

yeah..i agree the Batman looks pretty good, but none of the in-hand pics of Superman do it justice.

Hey let's face it. DC has some great characters, but they need a group like SS to come in and get the Premium Format sculpts and the large size maquettes to be done right.

Don't get me wrong, there have been exceptions: the Museum quality Batman, the WW vs SM diorama, and some others have been awesome, and in some case spectacular sculpts. Overall, they need SS, or a group like them to take over with this.

And the numbers they produce, like 6000 edition size, honestly, I do not know what that is about. If they're characters were not so good, they would be in deep dodo here.

I ordered the BM Museum, twice, and both times it came in broken. I am trying a third time.

WW is on order. I took a chance, but honestly, I am not impressed with her costume at this point. Maybe I will change my mind once I see it in person.

The Superman, honestly what the heck were they thinking? He too arrived broken, and thankfully that turned out a plus as I was able to get the funds back less shipping back.

Bottom line, I would absolutely love it if SS started producing DC.

^^^what you said which is why i hope DC lets other companies take a shot at them one day. have you seen what they have now??? they are pretty nice, but compared to what SS could do with DC figures would be orgasmic.

Yeah I agree Hairless....it would really do some of them justice!!

I ordered the BM Museum, twice, and both times it came in broken. I am trying a third time.

My one was broken too, but the seller had the decency to let me know before hand and knocked off a lot of money (which I promptly spent elsewhere in his store :lol)

with some poly-cement and a glue-gun his arms now fixed and my gf stitched the costume back up perfectly, you'd never know unless you looked closely.

The Batman piece is incredible, I love mine; and I am very eager to get the 1:2 Joker.

:monkey5

My original Bats was broken as well. Sadly I'm an idiot and briefly thought that perhaps it was set on a magnet for poseability because it was such a clean break and the outfit was holding it into place so well...:sick

Regardless, my replacement was perfect. Now if StatueToys would hurry-up and send me my Supes...

My original Bats was broken as well. Sadly I'm an idiot and briefly thought that perhaps it was set on a magnet for poseability because it was such a clean break and the outfit was holding it into place so well...:sick

Regardless, my replacement was perfect. Now if StatueToys would hurry-up and send me my Supes...

Good luck with that, I have heard LOTS of negative about them lately. :whip

Also had a problem with the way the cape was packed, it put pressure on the part of the cowl on the shoulder and broke it off. Had to glue that back on as well, is a tiny bit more noticeable that one. But the arm's now sturdy as anything, but like you it was pretty much the suit holding it on, was terrified I was going to come home and find it on the ground with the gauntlet spikes smashed beyond repair.

Geezus don't tell me that! :lol

I already can't get them to answer my emails!

Sorry man, seems par for the course. They are behind the Statue Forum, and I have read multiple damage control threads over there.

Next time, stick with Dark Shadow, Razor's Edge or Alter Ego. :cool:

Back