DC Direct 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought you guys would get a kick outta this...

After nearly 4 months of StatueToys.com evading my emails and phone calls I finally contacted them and demanded they ship out my Supes.

He arrived today :rotfl

100_3289.jpg

100_3290.jpg

100_3291.jpg

100_3292-1.jpg

That's just from slowly removing the top crate off of him. As you can see I didn't quite tear the cape completely free before I noticed it.

I emailed them, which is like pissing into the eye of a hurricane, so I'll keep you updated on how this one goes.:emperor

Just gotta search my man! :D There aren't many pics because only two have been released so far.

Here is a thread with my Batman pics.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40192&highlight=museum

Thanks Natrix! The Bat looks awesome! I just saw a glimpse of Ashton16's Superman and that one looks phenomenal.

So Wonder Woman is next and the last piece has yet to be determined?

How much is Superman and Batman going for nowadays? How's the quality compared to Sideshow?

Lesson learned, stay away from them in the future. :lecture

No, you're right. Though I've spent most of my time praising DC Direct in this thread, this incident is pretty tough to get past.

My Bats arrived broken, and though I got a replacement it's just a huge pain in the a@$. StatueToys is extremely difficult to deal with anyway, so this will be quite a long endeavor I'm sure, if I even come out of it clean.

I would love to just get a refund but I'm sure that ain't gonna' happen. Sadly, I have my WW preordered through them and they charge 30% cancellation fees so I'm gonna' have to stick that one out.

I'm just curious now as to what sort of problems she will have. :rolleyes:

I can't say as I don't have your Superman in hand - but when I got my Elektra from Sideshow her costume had similar places on it. But I found that it wasn't places where the vinyl came up, but just styro stuck to the vinyl very tightly. I would have sworn that it was damaged vinyl, but taking a damp cloth to her I was able to wipe it clean.

I only mention it, because I was incredibly pissed when I saw Elektra - but even more relieved when it turned out to be nothing.

I can't say as I don't have your Superman in hand - but when I got my Elektra from Sideshow her costume had similar places on it. But I found that it wasn't places where the vinyl came up, but just styro stuck to the vinyl very tightly. I would have sworn that it was damaged vinyl, but taking a damp cloth to her I was able to wipe it clean.

I only mention it, because I was incredibly pissed when I saw Elektra - but even more relieved when it turned out to be nothing.

Hearing you say that from personal experience, I think I'll take it out and give it a shot. It looks an awful lot like tearing, but who the hell knows.

As soon as I opened him to see that mess, I stopped, grabbed the camera and boxed him back up, so you're right, it could be nothing.

Wish me luck.:whip

Fingers crossed, really hope it does turn out to be nothing. Is a heartbreaking feeling to open something you've paid all that money for and to be screwed over by crappy quality control.

I agree with Dave, I've had this happen to me before (it may have also been with Elektra) and the foam wiped off fairly easily. Good luck, hope it works out.

Tried it last night with a warm damp cloth in a few spots and the crate pieces did come off, and although Dave was right about the vinyl not being torn like I thought it was, underneath each piece of crate the cape was splotched and stained, making it appear to have black mold on it or something.

I tried cleaning those spots as well, but it just wouldn't come off. So, as not to clean myself into a corner I left the rest of the cape as-is and boxed him back up.

Oh well. :huh

EDIT: In the above pics you can see the spots I'm talking about just above and to the right of his symbol. The same markings appeared beneath each piece of crate I removed.

Bummer seems like a poor packaging technique; not statuetoys fault, but of course you have to deal with their customer "service" now. :monkey1

Thanks Natrix! The Bat looks awesome! I just saw a glimpse of Ashton16's Superman and that one looks phenomenal.

So Wonder Woman is next and the last piece has yet to be determined?

How much is Superman and Batman going for nowadays? How's the quality compared to Sideshow?

Wouldn't call Superman phenomenal.

Pic from Statue Forum.

2hwk3fq.jpg

:lol

That picture almost tries to make it look like hell. It looks like a Puerto Rican Supes.

What I saw of it, it was pretty cool. It ain't perfect, but standing next to Bats and WW it would probably be pretty sweet. On it's own? Maybe not so much.

Hopefully someone will get that picture up. Because at the moment draping the cape over Supes' face is the only way to improve how it looks

Thought you guys would get a kick outta this...

After nearly 4 months of StatueToys.com evading my emails and phone calls I finally contacted them and demanded they ship out my Supes.

He arrived today :rotfl

100_3289.jpg

100_3290.jpg

100_3291.jpg

100_3292-1.jpg

That's just from slowly removing the top crate off of him. As you can see I didn't quite tear the cape completely free before I noticed it.

I emailed them, which is like pissing into the eye of a hurricane, so I'll keep you updated on how this one goes.:emperor

I wish you the bes tof best luck with this... That's a joke! Try and see if DCD can help you out... You never know, afterall it's their product! :(

:lol

That picture almost tries to make it look like hell. It looks like a Puerto Rican Supes.

What I saw of it, it was pretty cool. It ain't perfect, but standing next to Bats and WW it would probably be pretty sweet. On it's own? Maybe not so much.

I have seen one in person as it has been sitting out on display gathering dust at my LCS since it first came out and it looks pretty bad. It is so bad they can't give it away. I don't like the proportions of the body/neck and the suit/cape at the neck line are bad as well.

Yeah, I think it was a case of the first cab of the rank not being the best one to get... I think that DCD need to up the ante on their 1:4 line... WW is the best one by a mile, not wonder as it was one of Andy's sculpts!

Back