DC Direct 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my cape had that ^^^^ on it as well bro..it came off

Like one of my earlier posts said, I tried a warm damp cloth and some of it did come off, but underneath was something that looked like black mold staining the cape that I couldn't remove.

Anything similar happen to yours?

Also, does anyone know if there is a safe cleaning agent I could use that wouldn't harm the vinyl? I have some Melaleuca stuff that's supposed to be all natural, but I'm scared to mess with it.

Thought I would post some pics of my Wonder Woman Museum Quality Statue I recently picked up from my LCS. I haven't seen many in hand pics here and don't know how many people here are into Wonder Woman but thought I would post all the same. I have to say she's in my top 3 statues among the Sideshow PF's I have. I got her for $255, which is a steal to me. Enjoy....

Picture1027.jpg

Picture1028.jpg

Picture1037.jpg

Picture1033.jpg

I'm looking forward to getting her. Can you remove the sword and cape? or the other stuff?

That looks pretty good. How is she in size compared to the others?

I'm in "negotiations" with StatueToys.com to cancel my preorder for her so I can get it somewhere else. By "negotiations" I mean I've requested the cancel, they've confirmed it, but haven't refunded my 80% of the deposit. This is over a week later. :lol

UPS finally picked up Supes today, so it'll probably be a while before I get a new one back (if ever).

:banghead:banghead

I'm looking forward to getting her. Can you remove the sword and cape? or the other stuff?

The only thing that's removable is her axe, not her actual axe hand but the handle of the axe itself. Her cape is pretty much sewed together around her neck. Her sword is stuck to her as well. She's also pre-stuck to the base unlike SS PF's where the base and figure are seperate. I especially love the way her boots are, they have a nice gloss to them and there's wrinkles sculpted in the back of them that looks super sweet. She's really stunning overall.

That looks pretty good. How is she in size compared to the others?

I'm in "negotiations" with StatueToys.com to cancel my preorder for her so I can get it somewhere else. By "negotiations" I mean I've requested the cancel, they've confirmed it, but haven't refunded my 80% of the deposit. This is over a week later. :lol

UPS finally picked up Supes today, so it'll probably be a while before I get a new one back (if ever).

:banghead:banghead

I just measured her and compared to my Anakin PF, I have them next to each other, she's about 16.5 inches with the base and Anakin is about 19 inches with the base. So about a 2.5 inch difference between the two.

And sorry to hear about the trouble with StatueToys, I've been hearing some bad things about them. I hope you get everything worked out man, and get a hold of her soon, she's worth it. And I hope everything works out with your Supes too.

Like one of my earlier posts said, I tried a warm damp cloth and some of it did come off, but underneath was something that looked like black mold staining the cape that I couldn't remove.

Anything similar happen to yours?

Also, does anyone know if there is a safe cleaning agent I could use that wouldn't harm the vinyl? I have some Melaleuca stuff that's supposed to be all natural, but I'm scared to mess with it.

not going to belive me but I used a very light abrasive and it worked awesome...no more black spots on mine...i used bonami...good luck with it bro

WW looks great!! :google

With all the QC issues DCD has had lately I canceled my preorder until I got to see some "in hand" pics.

This turned out rather well. I'm going to have to pick one up right away.

LOVE the Bergholtz hair. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Andy sculpts some of the best hair I've ever seen on any piece / figure.

I just measured her and compared to my Anakin PF, I have them next to each other, she's about 16.5 inches with the base and Anakin is about 19 inches with the base. So about a 2.5 inch difference between the two.

Cool, thanks for the info. I most likely will pick her up elsewhere, as I think she's going to help round out the others nicely.

And sorry to hear about the trouble with StatueToys, I've been hearing some bad things about them. I hope you get everything worked out man, and get a hold of her soon, she's worth it.

It happens, man. Contrary to popular belief I'm a pretty nice guy by most standards, and it's a shame that I had to make a colossal a-hole of myself just to get anything off the ground with those people.

It sucks that they're sticking UPS with the bill. I told them (StatueToys) on the phone that this very obviously wasn't any fault of the shipper's, and the guy was like, "Well.....that's just...how we handle these things..."

Is this a normal thing to do? It seemed to be in poor taste, but maybe that's procedure for most companies. :confused:

not going to belive me but I used a very light abrasive and it worked awesome...no more black spots on mine...i used bonami...good luck with it bro

Hey I believe you, I just wish I'd known it before today :lol

These guys are so shifty though, I was afraid to do much at all to it, in fear of getting stuck with the piece.

Got one for my wife for Christmas.
She totally loves it and bragged to her relatives about it. :)

I bought one these 1/4 WW's last week. LCS had it for 30% off and it was either now or later. I'm kind of burnt on the "warrior" costume though and wish if they were going to do anything other than her "standard" togs they'd do versions of her in her skirt or hot pants.

BB

I picked up a WW (25% off at my LCS) and am vary happy with it. I too am a little burnt out on the warrior aspect (I'm also not fond of the cape or the high heels), but the sculpt is so nice that I couldn't pass it up.

I saw this at my local LCS today, it looked really good! A must for Wonder Woman fans.

Back