Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When will the last shipment of EXs go out? Do you know? Cause I don't even think Sideshow knows.

I don't know what technical difficulties they are experiencing. I don't even know if the difficulties are in their hands or out.

It's not that, I am truly happy that people get to enjoy theirs. But there are companies out there that have had this happen before, and customers went up in frenzy, and they made a policy change (which I agree with) that nothing will go out till they all are ready to ship. Anyways, that's my rant and I'll deal with it cause at the end of the day I just want my Supes.
What exactly does hat change? If that was Sideshow's policy, you would still be without your statue and you would still be complaining. The fact of the matter is you're complaining because other people got theirs before you did, which csi has already pointed out is very childish.

What exactly does hat change? If that was Sideshow's policy, you would still be without your statue and you would still be complaining. The fact of the matter is you're complaining because other people got theirs before you did, which csi has already pointed out is very childish.

If they were sending them out in the order that they were purchased then it would at least be something in the right direction. If that makes me a child, then yes. But correct me if I'm wrong, we all collect statues and figures of comic book characters and put them on display in our homes. I guess we are all quite childish

If they were sending them out in the order that they were purchased then it would at least be something in the right direction. If that makes me a child, then yes. But correct me if I'm wrong, we all collect statues and figures of comic book characters and put them on display in our homes. I guess we are all quite childish

Appreciating art and behaving like a spoiled child are two different animals. Twisting things around doesn't change that and everyone but yourself seems to see it differently.

Appreciating art and behaving like a spoiled child is two different animals. Twisting things around doesn't change that and everyone but yourself seems to see it differently.

You really believe that everyone but me is happy with Sideshows practices here? Lol. I'm just the only one voicing my opinion about the matter cause everyone knows they will get called out for even questioning it. And you all have proved that.

The bolded part at least makes sense.

And cart honestly I can respect that frustration. I just don't agree with sideshow waiting until 8000 statues are in house before shipping to customers

And cart honestly I can respect that frustration. I just don't agree with sideshow waiting until 8000 statues are in house before shipping to customers

I know bud, honestly it's all just jealousy and frustration speaking. And it would all pretty much subside if Sideshow would just be a honest and clearly tell us what's happening here. If I'm not getting mine till August, then tell me that. Right now I have no clue when I need to have money available to pay for this. Really screws with the budgeting of figs.

There is absolutely logic to be had in the policy of not releasing an item of limited nature until all of them are ready to ship. Does that mean people that have their statues now would have to wait longer? Sure. That's the downside. But if that was the policy, those who have their Supes now wouldn't know they would have it now, so it's not like something would be taken away from them other than a hypothetical.

With any policy other than all orders going out when they are originally scheduled at the time of customer purchase, there is a downside. But if they all go out at once, the upside is that no one is left in the dark. Everyone gets the same delay email, everyone knows when to expect their expensive product they have paid for or ordered. It's the most "fair" way to handle it in the sense that all customer orders get treated the same way.

If they did things that way it's not like anyone outside of sideshow would know there are 500, 1000 or 4000 out of 8000 already sitting in the warehouse, ready to go. Everyone would have the same simple info that it's not ready for release yet, so in that sense, what difference does it make why it's not ready? In this situation, when large numbers have gone out and large numbers have not, but have been promised to go out sometime in the last 2 months but haven't, legitimate questions get raised.

But many times it is useful to have in-hand pics from forum members to help an on-the-fence piece. FIFO should be the policy, though. My guess is perhaps regional pooling of shipments for economy is the reason against FIFO.

Last edited:
There is absolutely logic to be had in the policy of not releasing an item of limited nature until all of them are ready to ship. Does that mean people that have their statues now would have to wait longer? Sure. That's the downside. But if that was the policy, those who have their Supes now wouldn't know they would have it now, so it's not like something would be taken away from them other than a hypothetical.

With any policy other than all orders going out when they are originally scheduled at the time of customer purchase, there is a downside. But if they all go out at once, the upside is that no one is left in the dark. Everyone gets the same delay email, everyone knows when to expect their expensive product they have paid for or ordered. It's the most "fair" way to handle it in the sense that all customer orders get treated the same way.

If they did things that way it's not like anyone outside of sideshow would know there are 500, 1000 or 4000 out of 8000 already sitting in the warehouse, ready to go. Everyone would have the same simple info that it's not ready for release yet, so in that sense, what difference does it make why it's not ready? In this situation, when large numbers have gone out and large numbers have not, but have been promised to go out sometime in the last 2 months but haven't, legitimate questions get raised.

I personally would want others to have them as they came in and would hope others would want the same for me. It all comes down to your preference really.

I personally would want others to have them as they came in and would hope others would want the same for me. It all comes down to your preference really.

I'm OK with that too, so long as it is not by order type, but by order placed and that there was accurate estimates given to others for follow up shipments. That's really been the problem here. I didn't mind getting an email saying that mine would be delayed. I placed my order later than most. But that email said May. Then I called at the end of the May and they said, "well, MAYBE June." Now it's July and I have had no outreach from them since that first email that said May. I'm sure if I called today, the answer would be the same "well, MAYBE this month." That's the part that leads to dissatisfaction with the first in first out policy. For me it's not about getting it first or last, it's about having accurate information.

Just putting in my two cents but holding these up till theres a enough to send to everyone seems rather silly. I get the frustrations (paid for mine and it took 2 weeks for then to send it after) but at the end of the day it was still cool for others to be getting theirs. Don't get me wrong. SS handled this poorly and I think it's ridiculous that there hasnt been any concrete news as to when the rest are coming but holding back supply to appease everyone seems silly. First come first serve. Best and fairest policy for situations like this one.

EXs vs Regular I can agree with there being a separation if needed. But to split all the EXs up like this is ridiculous. Takes a little bit of the excitement and fun out of it. I mean I've already seen 1000 in hand pics. So now I'm only waiting to have it myself. Not waiting to see how it turned out, or enjoy in the unboxing of a new unseen item like some got to. They took that away from a lot of us

I know bud, honestly it's all just jealousy and frustration speaking. And it would all pretty much subside if Sideshow would just be a honest and clearly tell us what's happening here. If I'm not getting mine till August, then tell me that. Right now I have no clue when I need to have money available to pay for this. Really screws with the budgeting of figs.

I don't get that argument. You should already have the money set aside for Superman since it was late and you know how much it's going to cost, why would not having it in hand screw up other purchases? :dunno

I feel the same way.

I'm OK with that too, so long as it is not by order type, but by order placed and that there was accurate estimates given to others for follow up shipments. That's really been the problem here. I didn't mind getting an email saying that mine would be delayed. I placed my order later than most. But that email said May. Then I called at the end of the May and they said, "well, MAYBE June." Now it's July and I have had no outreach from them since that first email that said May. I'm sure if I called today, the answer would be the same "well, MAYBE this month." That's the part that leads to dissatisfaction with the first in first out policy. For me it's not about getting it first or last, it's about having accurate information.

Yeah, would be nice to know something I agree. Anything... the ports are jammed, tsunami just be frank but I don't think it going to change. What I would do if your that unhappy is to contact customer service. Sounds like they may be willing to provide compensation in lieu of the reason for the hold up.

Just putting in my two cents but holding these up till theres a enough to send to everyone seems rather silly. I get the frustrations (paid for mine and it took 2 weeks for then to send it after) but at the end of the day it was still cool for others to be getting theirs. Don't get me wrong. SS handled this poorly and I think it's ridiculous that there hasnt been any concrete news as to when the rest are coming but holding back supply to appease everyone seems silly. First come first serve. Best and fairest policy for situations like this one.

Well, but again, my point was that if they did hold them all back, you wouldn't know that's what they were doing. When Hot Toys says a product is delayed by two months, we all just sort of accept it as status quo, assume it's a manufacturing delay or something that affects the entire run of the line because it applies to everyone across the board when for all we know, those delays could be because half the scheduled units are ready and half are not. Of course knowing that a bunch are ready to go but are being held back would be annoying, but if that was the policy, that wouldn't be the case.

Yeah, would be nice to know something I agree. Anything... the ports are jammed, tsunami just be frank but I don't think it going to change. What I would do if your that unhappy is to contact customer service. Sounds like they may be willing to provide compensation in lieu of the reason for the hold up.

How so, like partial refunds for the delay? I was told I could cancel it altogether for a refund when I called about 3 weeks ago, but that's it.

Back