Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just putting in my two cents but holding these up till theres a enough to send to everyone seems rather silly. I get the frustrations (paid for mine and it took 2 weeks for then to send it after) but at the end of the day it was still cool for others to be getting theirs. Don't get me wrong. SS handled this poorly and I think it's ridiculous that there hasnt been any concrete news as to when the rest are coming but holding back supply to appease everyone seems silly. First come first serve. Best and fairest policy for situations like this one.

Not to mention they are paying staff to ship these things, why would you tell them to not do anything for 4 months then make then Work overtime to get thousands of these out.

After getting billed on 6th of june, i finally received this awesome statue last week and sideshow actually gave me $25 of rewards points for being patient about the whole delay saga. Hope they are doing the same for the rest.

How so, like partial refunds for the delay? I was told I could cancel it altogether for a refund when I called about 3 weeks ago, but that's it.

Bold fine sir

Bold fine sir

Thanks. Well I certainly won't complain if they want to give me something. Sounds like that was just offered upon payment and shipment so still not sure calling right now and raising a stink will accomplish much. Besides, I'm only mildly frustrated, not up in arms.

Not to mention they are paying staff to ship these things, why would you tell them to not do anything for 4 months then make then Work overtime to get thousands of these out.

Absolutely. Let's not forget that SS is first and foremost a business. No company in their right mind would want to leave earned revenue on the table. Why would you delay your profits? It's not like this is the only statue they have coming out.

Just my opinion here guys but if you want to solve this type of problem make it a first come first served basis. You don't want your statue to be delayed? Pay your deposit on day one. Simple.

Absolutely. Let's not forget that SS is first and foremost a business. No company in their right mind would want to leave earned revenue on the table. Why would you delay your profits? It's not like this is the only statue they have coming out.

Just my opinion here guys but if you want to solve this type of problem make it a first come first served basis. You don't want your statue to be delayed? Pay your deposit on day one. Simple.
:goodpost:
THIS. Its bad business to keep stock on hand. A good business sells what they can as fast as they can to reinvest the money earned into the company.

Well in this scenario in my head it wouldn't be sitting on stuff in SSC's stateside warehouse, it would be delaying their massive boat shipment from the factory. But yes, sitting purposefully on stock is typically a bad idea.

I wonder if the factory wasn't able to meet their order and other things that were scheduled had to take precedence over this statue and now it's waiting for an opening so that everything at the factory doesn't get delayed. Just a guess. I imagine this is a problem on the factory end.

First come first serve always makes good sense and is fair.

...But I did...

Yeah, would be nice to know something I agree. Anything... the ports are jammed, tsunami just be frank but I don't think it going to change. What I would do if your that unhappy is to contact customer service. Sounds like they may be willing to provide compensation in lieu of the reason for the hold up.

last I heard there was something going on with the dock workers. I don't know if they went on strike or not

last I heard there was something going on with the dock workers. I don't know if they went on strike or not

As far as I know the Ports are open and working as usual as they're trying to get the labor agreement hammered out, however 120 Los Angeles and Long Beach (Two of the largest hubs) Truck Drivers have gone on strike.

...But I did...

Yeah and that's bogus. I'd be much more upset if that were my case. I was a waitlister who got converted right before release, so I totally understand being one of the last in line. Just want more info.

And if it is a dock worker/truck driver situation, then sideshow should flat out say "this statue is being held up due to a labor dispute". Nothing wrong with that, besides maybe pissing off a union, but unions on strike tend to already be fairly pissed off...

Also, other statues and products have come through since this Superman thing, so I really doubt that is the reason, unless they rerouted stuff like Apocalypse and Slattern after word of the dispute and Superman is stuck in limbo on a palette no one will pick up for fear of being a scab.

The ES on these DC pieces are HUGE. There's not nearly enough storage space at the warehouse to accommodate all of them. SSC has publicly stated as much. That's why these pieces are shipped in waves to SSC and why they were shipped out to us the same way. I have zero problems with the way SSC sent out pieces in waves. Yes, I've had my Supes PF since April. However, this may not be the case with WW when she's released because my flex payments don't end until December. I have zero problems with SSC shipping out stock as they receive it. It makes perfect sense to clear the warehouse for other merch coming in. It's not like SSC has one license. They have a ton of stock coming in and it covers many lines and licenses.

I do understand the frustration peeps are feeling because they just don't know what's going on with their order. An update of some kind as to how many more waves there are or when they will arrive I think would ease some of the tension around here. As a costumer, I do think it is reasonable to want to know the status of your order. I have no idea when more of the EX will ship out. I can only say he will be worth the wait. He's an awesome PF and I hope that all the peeps still waiting on one get a minty fresh statue.

Yeah my Superman has been delayed until Sep with my reseller but I have a bad feeling he won't get him in then either & it'll get delayed again

Yeah my Superman has been delayed until Sep with my reseller but I have a bad feeling he won't get him in then either & it'll get delayed again

Sideshow basically told me they have no idea when I'll get my EX they said call back in 2 to 4 weeks for an update. So I would say its safe for me to assume I'm not getting him till September or beyond. Oh well not a huge deal but I was hoping they would be a little more forth coming with info they either no nothing or don't want to say anything.

Sideshow basically told me they have no idea when I'll get my EX they said call back in 2 to 4 weeks for an update. So I would say its safe for me to assume I'm not getting him till September or beyond. Oh well not a huge deal but I was hoping they would be a little more forth coming with info they either no nothing or don't want to say anything.
I'm actually fine with it, I just wish they'd reach out and tell everyone,waiting this information.

I'm actually fine with it, I just wish they'd reach out and tell everyone,waiting this information.

Exactly. Am email would go a long way just saying this and even throwing out an apology and a rough guess when its coming but thats whats worrying, they seem to have no idea. You'd think by now that they would have a decent idea on the time line as far as where they are now and how long it will take to get from there to their warehouse.

Exactly. Am email would go a long way just saying this and even throwing out an apology and a rough guess when its coming but thats whats worrying, they seem to have no idea. You'd think by now that they would have a decent idea on the time line as far as where they are now and how long it will take to get from there to their warehouse.

That's why I suspect that there is a holdup at the factory in terms of when they will get made and shipped. If they were already in production or had specific time scheduled, they could give us a real answer.

Back