DC Comics Flashpoint *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funnily enough, It's from a Doctor Who episode that mentioned that the doctor can't go back to a point in time he has already been to. :D Can't remember which episode but it's from the same era as that actor's reign.

sheldonjohns.jpg

I absolutely HATE that Johns wrote Barry back in, had him whining about his dead mother almost immediately and then, on top of it all, a seasoned superhero and time-traveller, has him mess around with time. Barry should've known better. It's really uncharacteristic and has me wishing Wally was still the Flash.

What's the trend, lately? Hal comes back, whines about his dead dad. Barry comes back, whines about dead mom. 52 reboot comes along and both the Kents are dead.

When did the law come down saying all superheroes have to be orphaned or witness some sort of tragedy with their parents? For Batman it makes sense, but all this "Mommy! Daddy!" garbage that DC has all their heroes doing is just... it's terrible. What happened to the heroes of my childhood just wanting to be, I don't know... GOOD?

I'll try to finish Flashpoint, but I haven't been impressed AT ALL and I read up to #3. I've been a Johns mark since he brought back Hal, but I think his star rose too fast and DC is currently milking the golden calf for all he's worth, and his work is suffering for it. Don't even get me started on the 'New 52.'

Back