DC Collectibles : Essentials Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realize that light passes through all kinds of objects, right? This does not make them "clear." In the past, when figures have used clear joints, they've literally been clear. And the reason this is an issue is that clearer plastic can be more brittle. But brittleness and hardness of a plastic don't go hand in hand. I mean, if you want to avoid Essentials, do so. But having a slightly translucent plastic that allows light through doesn't equate with breakage.

I'm well aware of that but not with this level of translucency. I'm willing to accept this theory if you can give me an example of a previous usage which successfully passed the test of time. From my past experience all clear plastic joints failed lamentably after a certain period of time. And again, I really wanted to like this line. I've been waiting for a good sculpt/articulation 7'' representation but I cannot ignore the quality aspect at the same time.

no horse in this race ,but just to add ,i used a supes to upgrade my mezco classic supes ,in the head and boot department ,and in drilling out the boots ,i can say that they are constructed out of a milky white plastic ,that has a degree of translucency ,but remains opaque its definitely not see through clear

44037531094_346f6102f7_m.jpg

42946105300_81d53ecd77_z.jpg

they seem quite sturdy and not in anyway brittle ,and from a customising standpoint, easy to work with and fitt the mezco figure quite well, and restore some height to the superman figure ,the ankle joint are still a bit of a pain and even on the lighter mezco set up difficult to get to stand up

I've yet to read any reports of breakage with these figures. Back when they used clear plastic pins, especially on the Animated line, reports were so rampant that DCC said they'd use a better plastic. Reports went away.

Wow, the Essentials head looks so great on that Mezco Superman! Thanks for the info, too. I mean, I have to say, having played around and posed them a lot, I don't have any sense of fragility at all. And they were not vanilla poses. Again, I don't mind if people decide it's not for them. It's just the spreading of misinformation about a line I'd personally like to see continue that kind of rankles.

This is what Batman and Joker will look like in the upcoming Batman: The Three Jokers comic/story by Geoff Johns. I hope we get that Batman and all three Jokers.

qwoJSlz.jpg

RTsMAFX.jpg

I love this design. The yellow emblem, the boots, gloves and utility belt are very 89/Batman Returns.

gG9N9f4.jpg

Joker
8m8sphC.jpg

ad0JbT9.jpg

SOOHygN.jpg

What are the chances McFarlane does reissues for the Essential Line? Pretty unlikely?

Just got into collecting DC figures so missed out on Essentials Knightfall Catwoman.

Back