DC Collectibles : Essentials Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was about to post those :lol

Wow. Mezco has done nothing for me so far, and yet I'm gawking at cheap $20 figures :lol

SDCC-2017-DC-Collectibles-Figures-028.jpg

SDCC-2017-DC-Collectibles-Figures-032.jpg

Those look ****ing stellar.

I don't think much about these figures themselves, but I am loving the little bases/stands they come with. Might try to pick those up separate for my Icons figures.

Looking at them, they're very, very handmade. Wouldn't bank on their inclusion with the production figures...

Those look ****ing stellar.

Sculpts are amazingly good. Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman all look much better than their Icons incarnations.

Yup, these blow Icons the **** out of the water.

And Flash in particular, better than Mezco.

I'm inclined to agree. Mez Flair and artificial exclusivity have completely killed my interest in the One:12 Collective line. The classic Punisher debacle was the final straw.

what was the debacle?

- Tease classic Punisher that looks like it stepped out of an early 80's Marvel comic for months on end
- Release it as a webshop exclusive limited to 400 pieces out of the blue with no prior warning or announcement
- Mezco webshop only ships within domestic US
- No "per customer" limit, so scalpers buy them up by the armful
- Currently changing hands for $500 and upwards on Ebay

I'm inclined to agree. Mez Flair and artificial exclusivity have completely killed my interest in the One:12 Collective line. The classic Punisher debacle was the final straw.

I'm still hanging by a hair, hoping they release TDKR Supes, but if they don't, I'll end up selling my Batmen and Shazams.

Won't buy anything Mezco has shown today.

They made like 20 Classic Punishers and they were all scalped by one dude, now he's re-selling them all for 10k Mexican pesos on el Ebayo.

- Tease classic Punisher that looks like it stepped out of an early 80's Marvel comic for months on end
- Release it as a webshop exclusive limited to 400 pieces out of the blue with no prior warning or announcement
- Mezco webshop only ships within domestic US
- No "per customer" limit, so scalpers buy them up by the armful
- Currently changing hands for $500 and upwards on Ebay

Damn really? that blows, glad I avoided the line so far

I'm still hanging by a hair, hoping they release TDKR Supes, but if they don't, I'll end up selling my Batmen and Shazams.

Won't buy anything Mezco has shown today.

It's sad but I've been considering doing the same. I really like the two versions of Mezco Dredd I have, but clearly they have no intentions of revisiting that licence whereas ThreeA's 2000AD line seems to be rocketing in quality.

I think 3A's Dredd is much better than Mezco's, but they're really 2 different artistic versions so both can coexist.

But in quality 3A is definitely better, they have much more experience with soft goods.

I really want them to go back to the artist inspired lines. I want a Greg Capullo Rebirth Batman and Rebirth Superman.

Apparently these are based off Fabok's style, but they don't look like that at all, same as Icons was """based""" on Reis' art.

As far as I know, Capullo has only drawn one image with Superman in it for Rebirth.

Capullo is doing the Metal crossover where he said he is trying to draw as many DC characters as he can fit into the books. He hit the major Justice League characters and the majority of the Batman family I believe he has both Jon and Damien as the "Super Sons" team in there. I'm hoping he gets a line to support it since Metal seems to be a big deal.

DEpl2lmUAAAU1Vg.jpg

DEzjQsyXkAA-ZaB.jpg

DExmmhUXsAAzv83.jpg

DEpwUi6XgAArgp3.jpg

DEe82oMWAAEkxkj.jpg

DEZa0dlXcAAOZeN.jpg

Yeah I know, but so far in publication I only remember that Metal cover with everybody wearing armor, that's the only time I remember him drawing Supes in Rebirth.

Haven't cared for Metal so far, seems to be a random event just thrown in as filler before Rebirth, at least it's pretty contained.

Plus he has his own designer line.

I thought of doing it, but they're gonna release the Rebirth version anyway, I intend to tag them on twitter with it so I figured there was no point.

But I think I will anyway, cause it's fun :lol

Back