David Tennant Leaving Doctor Who

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean Pertwee
pertwee_17564t.jpg

Now that would be quite cool.

I admit I'm not the biggest Nu Who fan, loved it as a kid but have been dragged back to watching it by my daughters (hasn't stopped me picking up most of the CO 12" figs). I couldn't stand Eccleston (as an actor he's so far up his own arse he can see his teeth) Tennant I enjoyed (on the whole), my eldest daughter loved him, but he was pretty two dimensional from my POV, most of that can be laid at the feet of the 45 minute, mostly single story format, but the writing team should have worked with Tennant on improving that.
But Sean Pertwee could actually work, he could bring a nonchalance the character needs. I've always thought Alan Rickman was made for the part, but hey, would he be interested... no!

Looks in addition to Russel Davis, Julie Gardner, and David Tennant; Murray Gold will be also leaving Doctor Who at the end of the specials.

Series 5 with New Doc, New producers, New companion, and new music. :google

Yeah I know, right? Its going to be a completely different show come Spring 2010. :lol

He composes the soundtrack. :)

If he's the dude responsible for the main theme being so crap in the last series then good riddance to him as well.
I liked the version used in the first 3 series but whatever was changed or added to it from Voyage of the Damned onwards really killed it.

Thats him. :lol

I liked the Series 1 theme best. But I also like the little changes he introduced. I want to hear the theme totally revamped for Series 5 though. I love the original Ron Grainer one, but I think its time for it to be rearranged. (the only Who theme I never liked was Sylvester McCoy's).

Thats him. :lol

I liked the Series 1 theme best. But I also like the little changes he introduced. I want to hear the theme totally revamped for Series 5 though. I love the original Ron Grainer one, but I think its time for it to be rearranged. (the only Who theme I never liked was Sylvester McCoy's).

I wasn't even aware of the changes for series 2 & 3 but that last one just seemed like too many instruments were added or something and like much of what followed the theme tune I thought it sucked.

I like the Davison theme best as it retained the "electronic" feel of Ron Grainer's original yet was much faster and I think a return to that sort of style would go well with the pace of the modern show.

If he's the dude responsible for the main theme being so crap in the last series then good riddance to him as well.

Why am I not surprised? :banghead:banghead:banghead

I never did get used to the season four theme, but Murray Gold has been composing the best score and incidental music on television for 4 years running.

I don't pay much attention to the theme, and I rarely notice music on TV but a lot of the themes on NuWho are fantastic - easily as good as McCreary on Battlestar - which is the best TV music...ever?

Back