David Tennant Leaving Doctor Who

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I think they will do away with the 12 regens rule. Doctor Who is like Sherlock Holmes and I think he will just keep on going and going and going. There is a precedence that the 12 regen rule can be altered so who knows.

My personal wishes for 11:

Marc Warren
marc_warren.jpg

Colin Salmon
colin_salmon.jpg

Sean Pertwee
pertwee_17564t.jpg

Well just to be off the wall ....
Why don't they hire Tom Baker, that would be a hoot and a half.

Even though he's getting up there in years he'd still show everyone else how the Doctor should be played.
I reckon whoever replaces Tennant has got an easy task,all he has to do is be able to give his portrayal of the character some depth and not suck the life out of a scene when he's being anything other than "manic".

Last edited:
Honestly I think they will do away with the 12 regens rule. Doctor Who is like Sherlock Holmes and I think he will just keep on going and going and going. There is a precedence that the 12 regen rule can be altered so who knows.

My personal wishes for 11:

Marc Warren
Colin Salmon

Sean Pertwee

I like your suggestion of Sean Pertwee. I don't think they could get him (he gets a fair bit of movie work) but I could picture him playing a very street smart, sarcastic Doctor. It would be cool having him take on a role his Dad did so long ago too.

As for Tennant, he was ok, but I'm not going to miss him overmuch. He played goofy and flippant really well, but sort of fell flat in most scenes requiring empathy or emotion.

I agree with the majority of the comments posted here so far. Tennant was decent enough at first, but that last season left me kind of underwhelmed. The fault really isn't his, though, as I blame the writers for some of the silliness that tarnished the series.

It just seems as though they decided to go back to Doctor Who being a kids' show, rather than the darker tone it had taken during the Eccleston years. I'm thinking of stuff like the Adipose, or shaking the radiation into his shoe, or having a human clone of himself to keep Rose happy in her parallel universe (god, I just threw up a bit in my mouth there). I want more episodes like Blink, which was more on the spooky side.

As for replacements, I like the Marc Warren suggestion. As long as they make the stories a bit more on the mature side and leave the kiddie stuff for the Sarah Jane Adventures. Have they considered doing stories set in the Doctor's past? I wouldn't mind seeing Paul McGann having another go at the role. I thought he did a pretty good job in the Fox TV-movie.

I like your suggestion of Sean Pertwee. I don't think they could get him (he gets a fair bit of movie work) but I could picture him playing a very street smart, sarcastic Doctor. It would be cool having him take on a role his Dad did so long ago too.

As for Tennant, he was ok, but I'm not going to miss him overmuch. He played goofy and flippant really well, but sort of fell flat in most scenes requiring empathy or emotion.

Believe it or not but Sean has been pretty vocal about wanting the part. :D

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Is DT doing series 5 then or leaving at the end of the 2009 specials? I haven't been able to get on the Internet as much and I worked late last night so the first time I heard this news was this morning at my Doctor's surgery of all places :lol Anyway, I think a shake up for the show would be no bad thing at this point and if it means we get another slightly darker Doctor like Christopher Eccleston's, I think it would be for the longterm good of the programme. Plus its bound to get the general public watching again.

DT will be in the 2008 Xmas special, the Easter 09 special and the 3 specials during the holiday season (with his final episode presumably airing on Jan 1 or 2).

Season 5 with Doc 11 would start Spring 2010

So how do we think the 10th Doctor should meet his end then?
Personally I'd have him knocked off by the lamest villain in the history of the show and I don't mean John Simm's Master,I'm talking about this guy,

kandyman.jpg

I could have seen him as the Doctor a few years ago. I think he is getting a bit too old now though.

What about Alan Cummings? He would make an interesting contrast to DT as a foppish Doc:

alan-cummings.jpg

Back