David Tennant Leaving Doctor Who

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clin Firth is a bit too.... I dunno.... Clean and uninteresting for me. Alan Rickman is too dark .

Colin Salmon - that's a great idea. He always plays a cold fish though - I don't know if he has the range. But a doctor of color would be a cool way to go.

What about Alan Cummings? He would make an interesting contrast to DT as a foppish Doc:

alan-cummings.jpg

I think he'd be better suited for Torchwood, if you catch my drift. ;)

Now that RTD is leaving I would hope "that" sort of stuff becomes a thing of the past in Doctor Who.
And before anyone accuses me of being homophobic or something,I'm not,
I just strongly object to the way RTD pushes his agenda regarding those issues at audiences.

Well considering that Steven Moffat created Capt Jack, I don't think they will be gone at all and all the better for it.

Well considering that Steven Moffat created Capt Jack, I don't think they will be gone at all and all the better for it.

Captain Jack I can put up with,he's a decent character. It's all the other unecessary references that I can do without.

Whoever is responsible for "that" stuff, if Who becomes as upfront about it as Torchwood, I maybe would stop watching.

I just heard the news today:monkey2
I knew that Doctor Who wasn't returning till 2010.
But now with Ten Inch gone do you think they'll start back up again sooner?

The four specials for next year will be shot in January so the 11th Doctor will have to be cast by then so they can do the regeneration scene but I don't think they'll alter when the 5th full series comes out which I'm absolutely fine with as I think the show needs a break from our screens.
If anything it'll give the new production team time to (hopefully) come up with some great new ideas and move the show in a more intresting and positive direction than the previous regime was.

What do you mean? There is a new Who on Christmas day this year and then another new one this easter and then 3 over the christmas holidays. Not to mention that each special will be an hour in length. :rock

The four specials for next year will be shot in January so the 11th Doctor will have to be cast by then so they can do the regeneration scene but I don't think they'll alter when the 5th full series comes out which I'm absolutely fine with as I think the show needs a break from our screens.
If anything it'll give the new production team time to (hopefully) come up with some great new ideas and move the show in a more intresting and positive direction than the previous regime was.

Hopefully they'll keep up to the standards that have been set and don't deviate to much from the successful formula.

You don't like modern Who - we get it!:rolleyes:

Hopefully they'll keep up to the standards that have been set and don't deviate to much from the successful formula.

You don't like modern Who - we get it!:rolleyes:

I DO like the 1st series and much of the 2nd. With the exception of 3 or 4 stories it's from the 2006 Christmas Special onwards that I feel things have declined.

There are rumours of McGann returning, wouldn't it be interesting if in the 'specials' they 'flashed back' to the Time wars and did a whole season with McGann's Doctor and the time wars with the Daleks and the Time Lords for 2010. End by regenerating into Ecclestone, as a guest appearance. Then flash forward, do one more with Tennant for his regeneration and start with a New Doctor in 2011?
I always think its a shame Mcganns Doctor didn't get the chance to evovle, the way others have.

Back