Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader arrived today and he is amazing. Now all I need is my Stormtrooper (due to arrive Friday). I can't wait to see these set up next to Boba Fett!

A few quick pics from work:

1213161514_HDR.jpg

1213161516_HDR.jpg

1213161523.jpg

Got my Vader and my Trooper today, will get them inboxed tonight or tomorrow and put up some pics.

My vader arrived today, damn he's a great piece, sideshow really hit this out of the park, and it you can feel the weight. A perfect 10, now rogue one sunday

Quick few shots, and comparing him with the one of the original dark lords Sauron himself

Comparison shots with Sauron

My vader arrived today, damn he's a great piece, sideshow really hit this out of the park, and it you can feel the weight. A perfect 10, now rogue one sunday.

I couldn't agree more. Super happy to hear you're enjoying it. It looks great next to BF. It looks tiny next to Sauron lol. That thing must be HUGE!

There is a gap in between my vaders shoulders and head. It's small, but it's there. Other then that it's a killer piece.
SOOO...... here I go again with SS's ****** customer service.

There is a gap in between my vaders shoulders and head. It's small, but it's there. Other then that it's a killer piece.
SOOO...... here I go again with SS's ****** customer service.

I realized his head was too high, I put it down the gap is closed

I couldn't agree more. Super happy to hear you're enjoying it. It looks great next to BF. It looks tiny next to Sauron lol. That thing must be HUGE!

HAHA he is, Sauron really is THE Dark Lord. I mean Sauron's hands and feet make vader's look like a child, haha. In the movie/books Sauron is about 9 ft 2, if we add the top of Sauron's spikes on his helmet we talking nearly 10 feet tall lol, vader is either 6 ft 8, or 6 ft 5, so he's looking up to Sauron's shoulder, even Sauron's mace must be about 6 ft tall lol

Anyone in the uk that has this, is there another adapter you have bought to use with Vader instead of batteries as the one provided off course is a us adapter

Feel a big turn-off with PVC heads for this and Boba and upcoming Jango. At first I thought the reason was to achieve the metallic effect with no hassle.

But after seeing Iron Studio's Vader there's no doubt polystone can do it as well. SS just chose a easy path which I think in the long run would hurt themselves.

Save money for me, no Vader, no Boba Fett, no Jango Fett.

Feel a big turn-off with PVC heads for this and Boba and upcoming Jango. At first I thought the reason was to achieve the metallic effect with no hassle.

But after seeing Iron Studio's Vader there's no doubt polystone can do it as well. SS just chose a easy path which I think in the long run would hurt themselves.

Save money for me, no Vader, no Boba Fett, no Jango Fett.

I don't get why PVC is an issue. Is there a presumed quality issue with something PVC? I've got the Vader and BF PFs, both helmets look fantastic. Isn't what it looks like the most important thing?

Honest question, why is polystone/resin revered as the holiest of materials to build statues out of? I don't understand the logic and I'm trying to understand.

Weight = value I guess.

I have all three of the Mcfarlane Walking Dead resin statues and I like the weight the feel the look.... so I don't know. Lol

Stigma, they used to degrade a lot and the color injected was just single tone. They can look much better now, don't degrade for a long time, and are better for higher detail. People not liking "plastic" is holding back statues from looking better.

I don't get why PVC is an issue. Is there a presumed quality issue with something PVC? I've got the Vader and BF PFs, both helmets look fantastic. Isn't what it looks like the most important thing?

Honest question, why is polystone/resin revered as the holiest of materials to build statues out of? I don't understand the logic and I'm trying to understand.
Ok, picture this: a statue which not just the head but the whole body is PVC as well. Would you gladly buy this piece and treat it as statue if it looks great? I won't and I can't because I will treat it as toy and not statue. And the price should be hottoys price range.

I also have both Boba and Vader PF's, and I see nothing wrong with the head pieces, they look stunning and a home run for sideshow on both these great pieces

I also have both Boba and Vader PF's, and I see nothing wrong with the head pieces, they look stunning and a home run for sideshow on both these great pieces
And for you my friend, imagine this: from now on all SS's PF will be polystone body with PVC head. Are you still ordering just like nothing happened? I can't, I just can't. I will just stop collecting from SS immediately.

And for you my friend, imagine this: from now on all SS's PF will be polystone body with PVC head. Are you still ordering just like nothing happened? I can't, I just can't. I will just stop collecting from SS immediately.

I don't mind if the head is a PVC piece, the boba fett PF head looks magnificent. Im getting Kyloren if the head is painted and crafted well pretty happy in what is being offered, the same Vader PF that lights up, when before PPL were going mental if it does not light up, for me I say sideshow made sure went all out on this piece and what I am seeing of both boba and vader its a home run.

My reasoning is this:

All polystone, ok
All pvc,ok but no order
Pvc head polystone body, not ok
Polystone head pvc body, not ok

Simple as that

Back