Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remain very impressed with mine. It is greater than the sum of its parts, if you know what I mean.

sure it isn't perfect, but especially with a $75 discount it is a no-brainer if you want a nice 1/4 scale vader in your collection.

That is pretty much the ONLY position to display this piece. From any other angle, it doesn't look right.... and I still think his head should have been positioned to be either leveled or looking slightly downward. Not looking upward.

WTF is going on with the lightsaber in this pic?

They gave him Count Dooku's hilt. :lol

Vader%201E_zpsvtllczqg.jpg

Every time people bring up a ridiculous argument like this I always ask the same thing, is your statue on a turntable at home? I would only EVER display my statue at the best possible angle. That being said, this statue looks great 360 degrees in my opinion anyway.

Isn't the Dooku light sabre hilt cresent shaped? I don't see what you're getting at.

For the owners of this, would you recommend it? I've heard some nitpick negative reviews regarding the pose, the plastic helmet, the cape, base, etc. but some photos I've seen, I do really like how it looks. There are of course some where it looks like he has an elongated neck and looks weird, but I was curious to whether or not people have been happy with it or were not happy but liked it after some time.

The piece is fantastic looking. You can position the head further downwards that most people have been doing, it's just a matter of adjusting the cape underneath the neck. The light ups and mixed media are really well done also.

Every time people bring up a ridiculous argument like this I always ask the same thing, is your statue on a turntable at home? I would only EVER display my statue at the best possible angle. That being said, this statue looks great 360 degrees in my opinion anyway.

Isn't the Dooku light sabre hilt cresent shaped? I don't see what you're getting at.

Yeah I agree, its a masterpiece, the mixed media on this and the lightup features is really what gives this the money we spend on it, myn arrives in late february, followed by Kyloren to finish off my star wars sideshow collection. Will be pretty damn epic seeing boba fett, vader and kylorenn PF's all displayed together

I finally decided to order this. Between some of the pics (the one above from albundyland was the one that broke me down:lol) here and the various YouTube reviews it looks to be a pretty solid piece IMO. I love the Iron Studios Vader but it's gonna be a bit out of my price range with everything else currently on order.

I already have the ESB Boba Fett PF Ex and I like the way these two pieces display together from what I've seen. Another deciding factor was that I found that SSC still has the original Stormtrooper PF in stock (which I thought was sold out) with free shipping. So I guess it's gonna be a Star Wars Christmas.:yess:

Check out the photo in Centurions post a couple above this, that'll give you most of what you need to know. I also posted a few pages back about this needing to be kind of a stand alone at eye level, versus in a cluster of other PFs or on a high shelf. In the right position, this is a fantastic piece. Not a lot of my other PFs could stand all by themselves, maybe the droids, but not much else feels this iconic. I dig it.

:duff

I love it. The issues you listed except the cape are valid to mine but no big deal. Pose not ideal but with statues rare to find a piece that is ideal

His chest box is made fragil plastic. I had a guest over so i wanted to show them the light up feature, when i went to remove the chest box, part of the plastic square casing (eg the male plug) didnt not fully come out with the rest of the box. Now the frame is stuck in the hole so i have to use double sided tape to keep the chest box inside the hole otherwise it just falls off. The crazy thing is, all i did was go to pull it out like normal, there was no accidental slips or pressure. When it pulled out only part of it came out, the box casing insert that goes around the thin plastic piece stayed inside. Talk about cheap plastic. If i were you guys i would occassionally pull the chest box out to make sure its still a whole piece eg and and has not come apart.

His chest box is made fragil plastic. I had a guest over so i wanted to show them the light up feature, when i went to remove the chest box, part of the plastic square casing (eg the male plug) didnt not fully come out with the rest of the box. Now the frame is stuck in the hole so i have to use double sided tape to keep the chest box inside the hole otherwise it just falls off. The crazy thing is, all i did was go to pull it out like normal, there was no accidental slips or pressure. When it pulled out only part of it came out, the box casing insert that goes around the thin plastic piece stayed inside. Talk about cheap plastic. If i were you guys i would occassionally pull the chest box out to make sure its still a whole piece eg and and has not come apart.

You should contact SS customer service after their lunch party and see about a replacement if it's broken

You should contact SS customer service after their lunch party and see about a replacement if it's broken

Ya i would but this was already a replacement statue, my first one had a cracked base and paint scratches all over his chest. Will SSC do 2nd Replacement even after the return/replacement window has ended? Also they would have to send me a whole new body, sending me a new chest box wont fix anything.. the plastic is stuck inside the hole so a new one wont fit in

Ya i would but this was already a replacement statue, my first one had a cracked base and paint scratches all over his chest. Will SSC do 2nd Replacement even after the return/replacement window has ended? Also they would have to send me a whole new body, sending me a new chest box wont fix anything.. the plastic is stuck inside the hole so a new one wont fit in

It can't hurt to ask, which I absolutely would.

Payed the rest of my Vader payments Friday, and was dispatched should be here Thursday, so it is perfect week to get vader for rogue one week

I've got this coming on Tuesday and the storm trooper PF coming Thursday!!!!

Back