Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"What is so special about polystone?" is a damn good question. It's freaking plastic with a bit of powder added to it. POLYURETHANE = PLASTIC. Some of you guys are so stubborn.

I bet actual statue collectors (I'm talking artifacts and bronze and gold and ****) must look down at us and our cheapo poly-plastic figurines and dollies.

Reminds me of the whole "weight - quality" BS. I hope some day, these weigh hundreds of pounds, so collectors can get herniated disks trying to get their new PFs onto a table.

"What is so special about polystone?" is a damn good question. It's freaking plastic with a bit of powder added to it. POLYURETHANE = PLASTIC. Some of you guys are so stubborn.

I bet actual statue collectors (I'm talking artifacts and bronze and gold and ****) must look down at us and our cheapo poly-plastic figurines and dollies.

Reminds me of the whole "weight - quality" BS. I hope some day, these weigh hundreds of pounds, so collectors can get herniated disks trying to get their new PFs onto a table.

that's like saying Stainless Steel is just iron with a little chromium mixed in. The properties of the material change meaningfully when you "mix it" with other materials.

PVC is fine, and you may enjoy it the same, but polystone has a completely different feel to it. So why the need to dismiss the opinions of collectors that prefer polystone vs 100% PVC. Folks use the term "plastic" referring to PVC and not polystone just as shorthand to differentiate the two, because at the end of the day they are different materials. that is a fact.

- Art

I got rid of all my PVC statues after a few of them became gooey.... something to do with plasticizers or what not... Polystone might have some plastic in it but it also has crushed rock in it to give it a different feel and look to a statue so to say it's exactly same as PVC is not exactly true...

I have no problem with plastic being used for Fett and Vader's helmets, they look great IMO and that's most important to me. The only time that I would prefer a polystone head would be for a human or creature sculpt.

Anyway, here's my Vader in his final spot.

...and my journey to The Dark Side is now complete.

1216161934.jpg

I have no problem with plastic being used for Fett and Vader's helmets, they look great IMO and that's most important to me. The only time that I would prefer a polystone head would be for a human or creature sculpt.

Anyway, here's my Vader in his final spot.

...and my journey to The Dark Side is now complete.

View attachment 311212

Yeah your darkside is complete, myn will be complete with Kyloren PF. I agree I have no problem, we not playing with these statues we just displaying with them, and the helmets are brilliantly crafted. With a new phone my photo's will be done with justice now

Even when pictured on a level plane to the statue, that Vader head is tilted so far back. I mean, he's really looking way up there. LOL!

Even when pictured on a level plane to the statue, that Vader head is tilted so far back. I mean, he's really looking way up there. LOL!

This is true. I love this PF but if I could change two things:

- More range of movement with the head

- A little more bulk to the upper body/broader shoulders

Even with the head-tilt it is amazing in person.

IDGAF I have yet to have anyone come in a say anything bad. It's just badarse looking in the shelf. Old pix so excuse the wires showing.IMG_9427.jpg

I thought there could be no more back and forth by now lol maybe we can all agree on that first photo though(it was so good I swear like butta)

IMG_8208.JPGIMG_9115.jpg

Thanks but soon I'll update my shelves thread. I've got a lot to show that I've been working on.

Kylo Ren will be going under Vader with his own custom space. I have been getting other non Star Wars stuff ready.

Back