Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a SS Luke Ex for $300 last night and didn't realize it was buy it now. Gone in 10min.

I guess I thought no way it's Buy it now and just put it on my watch list. Wasn't even opened. I don't look for them but that was a profit waiting to happen.

Saw a SS Luke Ex for $300 last night and didn't realize it was buy it now. Gone in 10min.

I guess I thought no way it's Buy it now and just put it on my watch list. Wasn't even opened. I don't look for them but that was a profit waiting to happen.

Jedi Knight Luke?? Damn I've been looking for months for that one at a decent price.

Do you guys feel that this Vader is much better than the original Sideshow Vader PF?

I am really torn. This current pose, while not bad, is all bit odd.

At least the original pose..... you know right away that it came from the Obi-Wan fight.

Do you guys feel that this Vader is much better than the original Sideshow Vader PF?

At least the original pose..... you know right away that it came from the Obi-Wan fight.

vaderPF comp.jpg

Without a doubt. The mixed media on the first PF looks really bulky and gives it that Hot Toys doll effect.

Actually now that I saw these two pics right to each other, I can totally see what you guys mean. The new one is definitely more esthetically pleasing as far as mixed media goes.

People always say it's from the Obi fight but honestly I swear he takes this pose when Luke sees him in the cave on Dagobah. I just watched it the other day and thought holy spit that looks just like the SS PF Vader. Maybe he does that pose more than once.

Jedi Knight Luke?? Damn I've been looking for months for that one at a decent price.

Yeah the SS PF Luke Jedi and had I saw buy it now at $300 for a sealed EX I'd own it, well EX or not at $300. Even if I owned one that's an instant profit. I feel like someone had to of emailed the seller offering to pay $300 right away. I'm always on eBay just in case so I specifically recall putting it on Watch thinking man that's a low start too bad not buy it now and I came back to check and it was gone.

Hey I've emailed and got a yes before but the seller missed out on at least $400.

Actually now that I saw these two pics right to each other, I can totally see what you guys mean. The new one is definitely more esthetically pleasing as far as mixed media goes.

The first Vader PF is quite good IF you have the Obi-Wan to go along with it. You can then set them up in the ANH duel scene and they compliment each other quite well. As for a stand-alone Vader, no contest, the newest wins out.

I got Vader for Christmas. Great statue. Unfortunately, my saber also came broken. I hope they'll replace it with a working one and not another broken one followed by the "we sent the best one we had" reply. The chest lights aren't working either, but I'm going to try replacing the battery to see if that's the problem. I also found this little red plastic mushroom looking thing in the box kind of loose. Does anyone know what this goes to?

IMG_7190.JPG

I got Vader for Christmas. Great statue. Unfortunately, my saber also came broken. I hope they'll replace it with a working one and not another broken one followed by the "we sent the best one we had" reply. The chest lights aren't working either, but I'm going to try replacing the battery to see if that's the problem. I also found this little red plastic mushroom looking thing in the box kind of loose. Does anyone know what this goes to?

View attachment 312316
Looks like the tip of the lightsaber.

That might be the lightsaber tip.
Sorry to hear.

What's funny is how you're already expecting a retort from Sideshow, "we sent the best one we had". Most of us here know all their generic responses.

That's how awful their customer service has become.

Thanks Centurion! That is the tip of the saber. :)

Well, I'm crossing fingers they come through this time.

Merry Christmas guys!

That sucks, I got lucky as mine is pretty much perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_2495.jpg
    IMG_2495.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 266
Back