Darth Vader Mythos statue - part 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice!! completely understand.

i'm still getting used to the orange although I reckon they overdid it on the helmet.
I've noticed this piece looks better when displayed in a slightly darker environment rather than bathed in full light as the orange is just too much otherwise!

I was ok with the orange, I have quite a few different Vader statues, busts & figures (27) so when there's something different to one of them I think I appreciate the effort made to come up with something new. :) What would've been better though I think, would've been if they'd made the lava base a light up feature..., that way whatever glow then made it to the statue would've at least been more natural.

Nice pictures, what is that Arthas from? Don't recognise the name but looking at the statue it certainly looks familiar.

Nice pictures, what is that Arthas from? Don't recognise the name but looking at the statue it certainly looks familiar.

Its Arthas (Lich King) from the Warcraft series of games. Has light up features. Really nice piece!

WAdNAs7.jpg

Have you had it long? Light up features are always cool, the statue looks to be nicely detailed. :)

Have had it since mid 2013. The detail is actually higher than any figure I have, its really ridiculous how much detail is on it!! Even the base is incredibly intricate. I'm sticking an LED strip in the base so the "ice" illuminates at night. Very easy to do and probably something Sideshow originally planned to do themselves!

A base light up feature would have been perfect for Darth Vader I reckon! I experimented with a spotlight both above and below him and it looks amazing when its dark!

Have had it since mid 2013. The detail is actually higher than any figure I have, its really ridiculous how much detail is on it!! Even the base is incredibly intricate. I'm sticking an LED strip in the base so the "ice" illuminates at night. Very easy to do and probably something Sideshow originally planned to do themselves!

A base light up feature would have been perfect for Darth Vader I reckon! I experimented with a spotlight both above and below him and it looks amazing when its dark!

I try & stick to 3 collection focuses now, Doctor Who, Star Wars & Iron Man..., before I had any real collection focus I bought a fair amount of Star Trek memorabilia & some Batman things too (amongst others)..., I can be easily sidetracked into new things though & have to resist looking outside my focuses or I'll end up collecting something else too. :)

I was pretty sure that Sideshow did show the Mythos Vader with a light up feature at one point (before it's release), turned out they'd just lit it up well to highlight certain areas..., still think it's a shame they didn't go for the natural lava glow option but at the same time I'd not change anything about the statue now that I've got it. :) Really hope they make more Mythos statues soon, although I'll be happy if they just give us the precyborg Grievous that was meant to be part of the first batch.

So I'm going to place an order for this but I want to be clear on something before I do. I should still be able to get the correct arm piece for this right? Do I just have to request it?

So I'm going to place an order for this but I want to be clear on something before I do. I should still be able to get the correct arm piece for this right? Do I just have to request it?

No, they corrected it & put it in the box from the second batch onwards, I got the right arm with my statue. :)

Well friends--I did it! I used my RP on this piece and will be shipping soon.

giphy.gif

You'll be very happy with your purchase, I guarantee it. :) All of the Mythos statues are works of art & well worth owning, the Obi Wan statue is my personal favourite but I like all 5 very much.

Yes, I have the Ben Kenobi one and it's a great piece too. The next one I'll get when I have the time and money is Darth Maul.

Maul is the cheapest & easiest to get hold of so at least you don't need to rush with getting that one. :)

I'm hoping it doesn't take forever to get Vader here. They haven't shipped it yet and probably won't till after the New Year.

Don't know where you live but FedEX get my orders from Sideshow to me here in the UK usually in about 4-5 days (only ever been later once & that was last year over Christmas because my parcel missed the flight but FedEX were superb & got it to me pronto after Christmas..., I may not like customs charges but I do like how quickly I get my parcels. :)

Don't know where you live but FedEX get my orders from Sideshow to me here in the UK usually in about 4-5 days (only ever been later once & that was last year over Christmas because my parcel missed the flight but FedEX were superb & got it to me pronto after Christmas..., I may not like customs charges but I do like how quickly I get my parcels. :)

I live in upper mid-west of the USA. I got my shipping notice but UPS didn't pick up the package yet. I'm sure they will tomorrow.

Back