Darth Vader Mythos statue - part 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I am nit picking a great statue but I did anyone else notice that with either head young/old Aniken, the head on the statue turns too much to the right. Instead of looking directly at the helmet in his hand, he seems to be looking to the right of the helmet. Maybe he is looking slightly away in disgust but on the box art he appears to be looking directly at the helmet. Any thoughts?

Maybe I am nit picking a great statue but I did anyone else notice that with either head young/old Aniken, the head on the statue turns too much to the right. Instead of looking directly at the helmet in his hand, he seems to be looking to the right of the helmet. Maybe he is looking slightly away in disgust but on the box art he appears to be looking directly at the helmet. Any thoughts?

Yeah, that was pointed out by a few people when the first wave hit. Sideshow always blows at least one thing with every statue they make. IMO. Rarely do they totally nail something. I could go on and on but I have to wake up early tomorrow.

So for better or worse, I took a knife and rounded the square botttom of one of the heads so that it would be able to fit into the body and be able to turn. The modification worked out, the magnet keeps the head seculry attached to the body and I am able to turn the head in a posisiton where he is looking directly at the helmet.

On mine there is a little bit of space to turn the head, so he does look at the helmet. If you put in the head and let the magnets do its work, he looks just past it, but there's a bit of room to move the head.

Mine had the helmeted head loose, you could turn it while it was attached. The exposed ones were fine.

I would like to know what do you guys do (owner of this statue) with your accessories left that you do not display at the moment on the statue (arms, heads etc).
They are kind of fragile and I'm sure like me you do not want to break them. It's not the ideal solution to keed in them in the big box that it was shipped in.
Do you keep them on a drawer, loose in a box ? I am curious of what do you do with them

I would like to know what do you guys do (owner of this statue) with your accessories left that you do not display at the moment on the statue (arms, heads etc).
They are kind of fragile and I'm sure like me you do not want to break them. It's not the ideal solution to keed in them in the big box that it was shipped in.
Do you keep them on a drawer, loose in a box ? I am curious of what do you do with them

Over time I've aquired small plastic baggies that work for most parts. Another good way to store them is in a customizable fishing tackle box.

Why not? I did that for mine, left them in the styrofoam box that the statue came in.

I just have them in a box in plastic bags so I can change it up often

Why not? I did that for mine, left them in the styrofoam box that the statue came in.

I can think of a number of reasons; boxes are in storage inaccessible easily, maybe he tosses the boxes?, or possibly wants to display them separately. Some people do that with the switch outs.

Honestly anything other than the box I would be concerned for breakage/loss, but if that is not an option I would get a pencil box or letter tote, something sturdy like that they will fit in and just bubble wrap each piece.

I fully expected this to be my favourite of the 5 statues before I got it & when it arrived last year I was impressed with it BUT after displaying it with the other 4 Mythos statues I discovered that I thought Obi Wan was the best of the bunch (I like them all though). :)

I fully expected this to be my favourite of the 5 statues before I got it & when it arrived last year I was impressed with it BUT after displaying it with the other 4 Mythos statues I discovered that I thought Obi Wan was the best of the bunch (I like them all though). :)

Had they nailed the paint I think Vader would have been the best.

I think they should've gone for a light up feature with the lava, that would've probably made all the difference then as the glow on the cloak & body suit would have been real. :)

I agree, but that might end up making the lava look a bit cheaply done. Cos it'd have to be made of clear plastic-ish material. The lightsabers are a different matter altogether because they're SUPPOSED to light up, and having them of a colored (based on the gem) clear material wouldn't do the statue any harm. Heck it would probably make it look better. But lit up lava, I think would be much harder to achieve.

I agree, but that might end up making the lava look a bit cheaply done. Cos it'd have to be made of clear plastic-ish material. The lightsabers are a different matter altogether because they're SUPPOSED to light up, and having them of a colored (based on the gem) clear material wouldn't do the statue any harm. Heck it would probably make it look better. But lit up lava, I think would be much harder to achieve.

That's a good point, I hadn't thought about that. :) Well I'm happy with the statue anyway, it's certainly unique & superbly detailed..., I can't see it being topped Vader wise either (that's just my thinking though).

Wonder if you guys could help me out .
Can someone please measure this piece ( the option where he is holding his helmet..) and tell me how tall he is..?
Cheers

Back