Darth Vader Mythos statue - part 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I need to get this one at some point since i have the Obi-wan one. Love the unmasked/helmeted option since it's very unique and symbolic.

It also depends on how you want to show your Vader. If you display the Mythos with him looking at his mask it is completely different than any other Vader statue out there. The old PF and this new one will still be the exact same Vader just in a different pose. The Mythos one tells a story and is unique. I think anyway.

That's exactly why I'm loving the mythos line. There's something about the Vader statue that has shelf presence from the pictures I've seen.

That's exactly why I'm loving the mythos line. There's something about the Vader statue that has shelf presence from the pictures I've seen.

Well given that HT just released a Shadowtrooper, I am hoping that Disney will release the stranglehold on EU stuff and there can be more Mythos in the future. I went from not wanting to collect Star Wars at larger scale to these being my absolute favorite pieces!

I really don't think you can go wrong on this The Chev, and given that this is the last Mythos piece you can still pick up, I would lock that bad boy up! Masterpieces all the way around. Love every single thing about them including the box!

Well given that HT just released a Shadowtrooper, I am hoping that Disney will release the stranglehold on EU stuff and there can be more Mythos in the future. I went from not wanting to collect Star Wars at larger scale to these being my absolute favorite pieces!

I really don't think you can go wrong on this The Chev, and given that this is the last Mythos piece you can still pick up, I would lock that bad boy up! Masterpieces all the way around. Love every single thing about them including the box!

I hope SSC is able to do more mythos statues in the future. I'm leaning toward picking it up. Thanks for the advice.

I hope SSC is able to do more mythos statues in the future. I'm leaning toward picking it up. Thanks for the advice.

I'm hoping they'll make more too & I'm still gutted they never made the pre cyborg Grievous they did the artwork for in the Mythos range. :(

This is a quote from Igo over at the Statue Forum board who I am pretty sure works for sideshow but since I don't spend as much time there I don't know for sure..

'Lastly, no one said Mythos was totally dead, it just had to be hugely rethought after the Disney buy-out. So it's still on the table but you might even see some single figure "mythos" like Star Wars statements in 1:4 scale in the future, who knows..."

This is a quote from Igo over at the Statue Forum board
'Lastly, no one said Mythos was totally dead, it just had to be hugely rethought after the Disney buy-out. So it's still on the table but you might even see some single figure "mythos" like Star Wars statements in 1:4 scale in the future, who knows..."

Does seem like a response they would say, definitely cryptic. I hope we see more, Mythos went away way too early. So much potential untapped.

I don't want damned statements. I want awesome statues in unique settings & poses. I have 3 of these and I am yet to read any of their precious stories.
Cut the story and give Disney one less reason to turn down great art direction.
Could care less about any back story drivel.

I don't want damned statements. I want awesome statues in unique settings & poses. I have 3 of these and I am yet to read any of their precious stories.
Cut the story and give Disney one less reason to turn down great art direction.
Could care less about any back story drivel.

No kidding. I don't want 1/4 scale pseudo Mythos statues I want more of what we all ready have.... But the stories are awesome... You should read them.

This line definitely has the most potential for me. I only have 2 Mythos's (Obi & Bobba) but just love both of them, the story behind the sculpt is great.
This line has huge potential for many more grails to come from. Here is hoping!!!!!

Yeah, I don't know what the could do if they are only allowed to do canon characters from the OT presently. I think the Mythos line is one of the best lines in any collectible company not just because of the cool images they are based on, but because of all of the extra swap out parts as well.

I know some people dislike the PT, but before the announcement that Disney would only allow OT stuff to be made I wanted to see this as a mythos statue:

Pre-Cyborg Grievous.

pregrev.jpg

I'm not a fan of the idea that the Mythos line could basically be obsorbed into the premium formats, maybe it's just easier for them to make things in the 1:4 scale though? I'll buy Grievous if they make it but I'd prefer it to be in line with what they've already made (meaning 1:5 scale).

1:5 scale also makes it cheaper ^^ plus when they're mounted on their huge bases, which are so beautifully detailed, they don't lose out to the PFs I think.

1:5 scale also makes it cheaper ^^ plus when they're mounted on their huge bases, which are so beautifully detailed, they don't lose out to the PFs I think.

That's true, I have my Shaak Ti premium format next to Obi Wan & they are about the same height (because of the Mythos base). :)

1:5 scale also makes it cheaper

considering the amount of extra detail that has gone into these figures, I don't think they are much cheaper. There's way more than on most premium formats. Plus, several switch-out parts..
And the amount of polystone used isn't less either, if you look at for example Obi-Wan's cape.

considering the amount of extra detail that has gone into these figures, I don't think they are much cheaper. There's way more than on most premium formats. Plus, several switch-out parts..
And the amount of polystone used isn't less either, if you look at for example Obi-Wan's cape.

Well if you look at the prices on SSC, you'll see that the PFs are always more expensive than the Mythos. Sometimes alot more and sometimes just a tiny margin above, but always more expensive. Unless they're on sale. And I guess, that stormtrooper PF is the only exception I've found.

Congrats on your new addition. :) I have mine posed with Vader's helmet on & his fist clenched, I like the look of it best out of the options available.

Thanks mate.

I have mine with the classic helmet off, in his hand. It just seems so much more epic, especially considering how rarely he takes his helmet off! Second fav is definitely the one you mentioned :)

I did think about going for that option but I've got 2 mini-busts with Vader's helmet off so I decided I'd go with the clenched fist as it always reminds me of my favourite scene in ESB when Luke finds out who his father really is..., even though it's a Mythos statue & not ESB, the pose still works. :)

Back