Darth Vader Mythos statue - part 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought one Vader Mythos. Add to my Vader´s collection.

ei7gar.jpg

15nklet.jpg

Got mine today. Very happy with him! The Lava glow had me worried, but the one I got is very muted and on the darker side (looks great!) Little bit unsure what I think of the helmet glow. That may need a touch up to mute it down the road. Overall excellent piece. Only nitpick is you really have to have him at the right angle to where it looks as if he is looking at his helmet. Best angle is from the back, but then you lose all the great details. Mine is a later batch with the corrected power fist and does not include the valet arm. 4651 I think. I also love the look he has with both the fist and saber arm. Actually like the saber arm a whole lot, and I never really gave that look much thought.

Anyway, anyone still on the fence should go pick this guy up!

It is a great piece. If you have more than one mythos they are even more breathtaking.

Just ordered one of these.. kinda sad that I've missed the other ones before.

They are all great statues, I think Obi Wan is the best of the 5 but they are all worthy of owning & Vader looks superb..., the options that he comes with are pretty impressive too, you'll be very happy with your purchase. :)

They are all great statues, I think Obi Wan is the best of the 5 but they are all worthy of owning & Vader looks superb..., the options that he comes with are pretty impressive too, you'll be very happy with your purchase. :)

Yep, they are all great... even Maul which is the worst of the Mythos is still pretty darn cool.

I like how Vader is somewhat linked to Kenobi in the way the statues were done. Kenobi wanders Tatooine and goes into hiding as the last of the Jedi are hunted down while Vader laments what he has turned into. The pieces display very well together.

By itself, Vader still looks amazing.

I'm really tempted to pick this up with the free shipping. It'd go great with my Kenobi. Hopefully I can squeeze it in my budget.

I'm really tempted to pick this up with the free shipping. It'd go great with my Kenobi. Hopefully I can squeeze it in my budget.

You won't be disappointed. I know some people don't like the orange but if you read the story and know what is represents it makes it so much better.

You won't be disappointed. I know some people don't like the orange but if you read the story and know what is represents it makes it so much better.

I found that the orange glow effect made the statue that much more appealing, it's certainly unique & makes it more of a stand out feature from any other Vader statue or figure..., plus I also think it looks better in hand than in the photo's. :)

This is a great statue, 1 of 3 Mythos I picked up. When I opened to inspect at work, a few coworkers begged me to keep him on my desk for a few days. Only people constantly pawing at it made me nervous so I took him home. You should have seen the disappointment! People were still stopping by. Real show stopper!

I'm debating using my reward points on this. I have 300 bucks in points so far. I'm just deciding if I want to use them or save up some more.

I guess it just depends how much you want Vader? Mind you, with the new premium format statue coming up..., who knows? That one may be the more impressive statue (like the new Boba Fett statue is compared to the old one). :)

I went ahead and ordered the Mythos Vader since my replacement Ben Kenobi was good to go. I think they will look great next to eachother and I hope they decide to make more for the Mythos line.

I guess it just depends how much you want Vader? Mind you, with the new premium format statue coming up..., who knows? That one may be the more impressive statue (like the new Boba Fett statue is compared to the old one). :)

It also depends on how you want to show your Vader. If you display the Mythos with him looking at his mask it is completely different than any other Vader statue out there. The old PF and this new one will still be the exact same Vader just in a different pose. The Mythos one tells a story and is unique. I think anyway.

It also depends on how you want to show your Vader. If you display the Mythos with him looking at his mask it is completely different than any other Vader statue out there. The old PF and this new one will still be the exact same Vader just in a different pose. The Mythos one tells a story and is unique. I think anyway.

I am VERY happy with my Mythos Vader, well all of the Mythos statues are amongst my favourite collectibles (that I own)..., even with his mask/helmet on, the Mythos Vader is still unique I think, I really like the battle damage detailing & the lava glow effect plus the holes in his cloak, it all adds to the statue & gives it a one off feel (in my opinion)..., I prefer my Vader's with his helmet on, that's how he should be in my eyes & the clenched fist is another option that appealed to me with this statue, they tend to give Vader a light sabre at every opportunity so to have the no light sabre option was a plus point for me. I'd recommend to anyone thinking about buying a Vader statue that this one is not to be passed up, it's truly a superbly created artistic piece & worthy of owning more so than most other collectibles. :)

Back