Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not have bought the exclusive if a print was the exclusive item. I think prints for exclusives are garbage and do not buy items that have prints as the exclusive as I can get the regular for much less than what sideshow is selling them. The stand to me is a perfect exclusive and people who were afraid to hit the buy button on the exclusive when it was released because of fear this would not turn out well remember that they have a 30 day return policy if you were unsatisfied with the quality or workmanship you could return it for a full refund (minus shipping costs)

Exactly.
That's why it's exclusive and why the exclusive should be something worthwhile that separates it from the regular version.

Exactly.
That's why it's exclusive and why the exclusive should be something worthwhile that separates it from the regular version.

I totally agree. I'm not a huge fan of prints being the exclusive either. Usually, for that reason, like yourself perhaps, I'll get the reg and save some money. However, this doesn't change the fact that exclusives with prints still sell out. They also generally sell for more later on. I would think that most people who buy the exclusive with the print likely do it begrudgingly (as the print will likely stay in the box forever) but they still buy it simply because it's the exclusive. That's my point.

As pics started to surface, the stand didn't exactly turn out to be a "I can live without it" type exclusive extra like a "small hand piece with a knife" replacing a "small hand piece with a gun". Because the reg does not include the stand, reg owners feel compelled to keep the mask part, for example, in the box. That mask part must be worth hundreds of dollars alone. That strikes me as a shameful waste for the fan who just ponied up $1200 for the reg. That fan can't even display or fully appreciate what he just paid a lot of money for.

I'm simply surprised SS didn't consider other exclusive options so that the reg wouldn't feel like, well, as much of a shaft. This piece stood to make them lots more money.

:)

Last edited:
I totally agree. I'm not a huge fan of prints being the exclusive either. Usually, for that reason, like yourself perhaps, I'll get the reg and save some money. However, this doesn't change the fact that exclusives with prints still sell out. They also generally sell for more later on. I would think that most people who buy the exclusive with the print likely do it begrudgingly (as the print will likely stay in the box forever) but they still buy it simply because it's the exclusive. That's my point.

As pics started to surface, the stand didn't exactly turn out to be a "I can live without it" type exclusive extra like a "small hand piece with a knife" replacing a "small hand piece with a gun". Because the reg does not include the stand, reg owners feel compelled to keep the mask part, for example, in the box. That mask part must be worth hundreds of dollars alone. That strikes me as a shameful waste for the fan who just ponied up $1200 for the reg. That fan can't even display or fully appreciate what he just paid a lot of money for.

I'm simply surprised SS didn't consider other exclusive options so that the reg wouldn't feel like, well, as much of a shaft. This piece stood to make them lots more money.

To be honest, this piece is a winner whether you get the Ex or not. If i did not get the Ex, its likely that i would display vader with the mask and helmet on as the head is much easier to keep.

Strangely, because i have the ex, i am doing the reverse for now as the stand can hold the mask and helmet but not the head :gah:

Get it while you can, this piece is going to be hard to get down the road.

To be honest, this piece is a winner whether you get the Ex or not. If i did not get the Ex, its likely that i would display vader with the mask and helmet on as the head is much easier to keep.

Strangely, because i have the ex, i am doing the reverse for now as the stand can hold the mask and helmet but not the head :gah:

Get it while you can, this piece is going to be hard to get down the road.

You're right. It is a winner. However, given the choice, I prefer not to settle for less.
However, since you don't seem to be using your stand, wanna sell it?

:D

Last edited:
You're right. It is a winner. However, given the choice, I prefer not to settle for less.
However, since you don't seem to be using your stand, wanna sell it?

:D

actually, i am using it. The stand is actually the reason why he is being displayed in potrait mode rather than vader mode :)

actually, i am using it. The stand is actually the reason why he is being displayed in potrait mode rather than vader mode :)

lol... I know. I was just kidding.

P.S. Someone on eBay is selling their stand for $500 (item #260603858858)

Last edited:
A better option for an exclusive would of been an additonal head with Haydenson's portrait now that would of been a great exclusive and the reg and exc could have included the extra stand.

Of course Sideshow if your listening you could always produce another head of haydenson and sell it seperately I'd be willing to drop like $200-$300 for it ;)

Someone just paid $425 for the stand.
Yipes!

That would be me. :monkey3

Call me crazy or stupid or whatever, but it was killing me knowing that I wouldn't have a stand. I decided to cancel getting Ackbar and get the stand instead. I'm sure if I ever sell it some day, I will be able to get my money back.

At least I can sleep at night now. :gah:

I would just custom make a stand! :pray:

Trouble is, if not made well or properly, you could come home some day to the mask on the floor in pieces, might be pricey hunting down the official stand, but you know it was carefully engineered to handle the weight and all.

And once I get the stand, I'll still have three months to wait for Vader. :gah:

well, think of it this way, you have 3 months to make space for Lord Vader when he comes.

Lord Vader is not as forgiving as us and will not be pleased if he finds his display space not operational when he arrives :lol

That would be me. :monkey3

Call me crazy or stupid or whatever, but it was killing me knowing that I wouldn't have a stand. I decided to cancel getting Ackbar and get the stand instead. I'm sure if I ever sell it some day, I will be able to get my money back.

At least I can sleep at night now. :gah:

Congrats... I think... Anyway the seller seems to be someone at Statue Forum. And it seems there was another member there who got an EX stand for way less than this price.

My Vader should arrive in about 2-3 weeks, I'll take a few shots with Sebastian Shaw head and then put that back in box and display the mighty Vader with his helmet on as I always wanted to do with any Vader item.

Though I wish Sideshow had offered both Shaw head and stand as exclusives, and the regular to be much cheaper - thus I would have got mine for less. Since I have no interest in the head it will be sold, customized or put back in the box, depending on my mood.

I had a party this weekend and Vader stole the show... the biggest question though was can I actually wear it! :lol

But Everyone that looked at my collection was in awe! :rock

well, think of it this way, you have 3 months to make space for Lord Vader when he comes.

Lord Vader is not as forgiving as us and will not be pleased if he finds his display space not operational when he arrives :lol

:lol:rotfl:lol

Congrats... I think... Anyway the seller seems to be someone at Statue Forum. And it seems there was another member there who got an EX stand for way less than this price.

I'm sure I could've offered less, but I was busy working on my kitchen remodel all day yesterday and didn't want to be bothered with going back and forth with offers and such. Just submitted one and got to work.

You know, now that it's been mentioned, a custom stand which allows you to display the mask in one piece as opposed to two pieces would be ideal. I think I might even prefer that...

Thoughts?

You know, now that it's been mentioned, a custom stand which allows you to display the mask in one piece as opposed to two pieces would be ideal. I think I might even prefer that...

Thoughts?

two pieces for me please. that way you can see the detail on the mask :yess:

Back