Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or you can get it repainted like this.

hello-kitty-meets-darth-vader-in-an-alley-7178-1237942474-0.jpg

i like the yellow background Lucky...........you dont see that a lot with sw pics but it actually makes those pieces stand out rather well.

I received Sideshow 1:1 Darth Vader bust - in fact I received the first box containing Vader's head and top helmet, waiting for the other box that comes with the bust and lower jaw.:gah:

After being in the 501st Costuming group for quite a while I really noticed the construction of Vader. Also watching the movies I knew enough to know the Sideshow one was sadly pretty far off from what it could have been. I'd rather get a few 501st Vader pieces and combine that to make a display over the one Sideshow produced. I like the Anakin head though. They should have made the eyes closed as it he was dead because displaying him that long without his mask he shouldn't be alive!

I hope they make an Anakin head with a push-button on the base that has a sound byte, "I HATE YOU!!!!!!!"

The Sideshow Vader isn't bad really, it's just not over $1000 good IMO.

After being in the 501st Costuming group for quite a while I really noticed the construction of Vader. Also watching the movies I knew enough to know the Sideshow one was sadly pretty far off from what it could have been. I'd rather get a few 501st Vader pieces and combine that to make a display over the one Sideshow produced. I like the Anakin head though. They should have made the eyes closed as it he was dead because displaying him that long without his mask he shouldn't be alive!

I hope they make an Anakin head with a push-button on the base that has a sound byte, "I HATE YOU!!!!!!!"

Nah, its really awesome in person. Get a fan made helmet for the bust if the exposed chips bug you too much but in truth its not that apparent in person.

No regrets shelling out for this guy. He's second only to my 1:1 Endo :clap

Just noticed the status of the Bust is "checking inventory".

And you are unable to order it. Looks like this will not be unlimited...:yess:

Not sure why I would want a full sculpt bust of a guy with his eyes closed. That would be major lame.

Vader is assembled, pics to come soon. It is a really cool looking bust, quite impressive. Is that only mine or happened to you too: the polish bottle is almost empty. Going quite cheap on this Sideshow...

I don't like the Shaw head, mine has a slight lazy eye, but even without the defect, I wouldn't display Vader with no helmet. IMO Vader is that tall angry guy in black armor and heavily breathing under his mask, and not the 3 minutes ROTJ Sebastian Shaw. It is cool to get an extra option but for people who want the helmet on what to do with the Shaw head? After I'll try getting a replacement for the Shaw head, I might sell it - there is already a guy on RPF looking for Shaw head. I also sent a message to Sideshow to ask about procedures to replace the Shaw head since I bought it from Toy Palace.

Anyway for this price this bust should have been perfect. It is close, but not perfect. And still it didn't get over my MR AT-AT.

I saw one at a local comic shop. I was blown away by the size and detail. still a couple of months before I get mine. It will be a challenge to display him in a proper case.

At the moment I still haven't decided whether or not I should get him.
EX is not an option so reg is the only way to go.

Do you think the price for him will go up over time? I mean the regular edition.

I can remember there was a time one could get a MR Falcon for ~$1200 or less here in Germany and now the LE goes for $3000 and more on ebay.
And of course I didn't buy one! :gah:

Last edited:
The bust looks quite cool next to the new installed vertical blinds. :) I'll get a custom cabinet ordered for this and my future collectibles soon, so this is just a temporary display.

2ec3xgi.jpg

2cerok1.jpg

344s2mo.jpg

15zo20p.jpg

And this is how I'm going to display the bust - with helmet on:

1zd8uv.jpg

207w1at.jpg

2mgw3fl.jpg

I can remember there was a time one could get a MR Falcon for ~$1200 or less here in Germany and now the LE goes for $3000 and more on ebay.

That kind of price vs time curve is common for quality collectibles with low edition sizes.
The trick is to know when the function bottoms out.

Back