Darth Sheba's House of Paint & Plastic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, I'm blocked. :(

Earlier in the year, I was looking for a catsuit or a wetsuit for an Asajj Ventress custom. What I saw out there I didn't like. But later this great catsuit came out, and I was so happy I pre-ordered it. I got it back in August...and it's still in its package. I just can't see her in it anymore. It bugs me that I'll be putting stuff on top of the suit; it's almost too gorgeous to cover up. Asajj as a Jedi makes more sense right now. :p

I got two packages of parts today, including two bodies. I "dry fitted" stuff on one of them. She'll get a repaint and a haircut eventually.

romac_wip01.jpg

romac_wip04.jpg

I took a mess of pictures one day this week and came up with a pic comic, "Off the Shelf". It's just my figures in silly situations.

#1 - Fitting In

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

:D

Meet my buddy Malcolm. He's wearing Hasbro Darth Maul's pants right now. They're kinda big, but I like the way they look.

mal.jpg

Mal here is going to undergo a drastic transformation. I ordered some stuff for him yesterday and it should be here later this week. This is only the beginning. :D

ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

I put clothes on Malcolm yesterday, and the more I look at that headsculpt, the more I want to chuck it! No matter how I look at it, there's something missing for the character I'm trying to create. I've got no quarrel with the body; it's a Dragon body, don't know what version. I don't think my opinion of the head is going to change once I get the wig. Looking for another head... :(

Speaking about wigs, how hard is it to find a freaking size 4 wig?! :banghead

Okay, freak-out is over. I finally found the wig I wanted and it's on its way. No new sculpt, gonna go with Malcolm. Once all that was over, I took some WIP pics.

west_wip01.jpg

west_wip06.jpg

west_wip04.jpg

There's still a lot to do. The outer robe will be added to, plus he needs a staff and a sword. And put the boots on him; I keep forgetting to paint them.:eek:

Okay, not much work done on Mal. (Or should I say Westlander?) I bought new boots that don't have to be painted, along with some female-sized combat boots (yes!) for future work. I also ordered two swords but they haven't shipped yet. They're two different lengths, so hopefully one of them will work for the wizard. His staff is a sticking point; I have two dowels of different diameters and I'm not sure which one to use. One he can grip pretty well but might look too big. The other he can't hold quite as well and may look right.

I finally figured out what to do with the catsuit. I'm not sure I can pull this project off, but I'm sure gonna try! :D

(Yeah, I know. Three months.:rolleyes: :duh )

Work has pretty much stalled, as I've been involved in other fannish pursuits. I did do this quickie bash last week. It's a Triad Toys Vanity figure with the tunic from a Hasbro Anakin figure, SS Obi-Wan's lightsaber and a belt from TT's Harley Chic 1.0 set.

v_01.jpg

v_02.jpg

v_03.jpg

v_04.jpg

Back