Darth Maul PF exclusive and Chess Set/table and prices from the new SWInsider!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Tristram

Super Freak
Reaction score
If this was already started in a thread, forgive me!

I just received the new Strar Wars Insider and there is a picture of the Maul PF (looks better than the Tomarts pic) and it states that the Maul will be shipping this summer at $275 for the Regular LE and $299 for the SSExclusive....the exclusive is a Probe Droid. It also states that the lightsaber is electronic and will light up!

The Chess set will retail for $39.99 and will also ship this summer.

I'll scan a picture later!

Knew about the pieces but that's cool on knowing the price and the exclusive. Glad the lightsaber lights up!! This is gonna rock!!

Wow, that's an original idea for his exclusive...not.

I am not complaining at all, but a little surprised that they are giving the same thing for the PF as they did for the 1/6. I know the probe droidswere an "expansion" pack, but still.....same stuff repeated.

Hope the red saber lights up better than Vader's.

And I really wanted the exclusive to be something unique that set this apart from the 12" version, not another Sith Probe. But who cares?!? I'm getting it anyway!!

THANK YOU, my good Sir Tristram!

That's a good exclusive -- even if Maul is in a Theed pose, it means we PF collectors won't miss out on all the fun 12" collectors have gotten. I'll definitely be getting it! And the price is very nice, especially for a piece that has a light-up feature. I can't be happier with your news!

The table is neat, but forgive me if I'm too overjoyed by the Maul news right now. :joy

I'm with ya Vlad. The news of a PF Maul is just too cool for school!! I will love having this guy in my collection.

So will I, so will I!

And I would've been ready to pay $350 for the exclusive, so I'm very happy with the new price point. :D

Edit: YAY SCAN!

Sorry the picture is crummy....The file was so big I had to crop out his body...I'm sure someone else will post the rest later!

The Obi-Wan exclusive is my least favorite because it comes from a different scene in the film than the PF--even with a non-matching base. Looks like Maul's Probe will be similar--I am guessing that it will have a desert base to "match" Maul's Theed base.

But other than a cloak (which he wasn't wearing when fighting with both blades ignited), I admit that I can't think of a different exclusive for this character.

Besides, I will be able to display Mama Probe along with the little Baby Probes, and that will be fun.

Thanks!! Hopefully I get my SWI today in the mail. Then I need to go get Tomarts this weekend.

Seretur said:
So will I, so will I!

And I would've been ready to pay $350 for the exclusive, so I'm very happy with the new price point. :D

Edit: YAY SCAN!

That makes two of us.

Seretur said:

I would have been a little miffed if a character with a far less complex costume than Boba Fett cost more. Vader cost $350, and Maul just doesn't seem to be at that level. (Nor does the character design require more, so please don't take that as an insult to the piece.) The listed prices for Maul are fair and in line with the other releases in this line.

(But I would have paid whatever they asked for Maul, to keep my collection complete.)

Maul will be the same price as Vader, with a costume at approximately the same level and a light up effect as well. The only difference is that the exclusive for Kenobi was the same price. This time, the droid will raise the price. So be it!

tomandshell said:
Besides, I will be able to display Mama Probe along with the little Baby Probes, and that will be fun.

Awww, yes!

You're probably completely right about the bases. It's still a cool thing to get for only $25 -- the price point, and scale, of the SS/W helms -- especially when things like Bubo & Friends go for $40.

Hopefully we'll get the full scan soon (it can't be that big if it gets converted to JPG, right?), and I love the facial sculpt from what we've gotten in this scan. Seems right on the money.

EDIT: You're right about the costume complexity, Tom. I was just taking into account the overall increase in pricing (see Bubo vs. Crumb, et al), and the light-up feature. To get both a light-up saber and a probe droid for just $25 more than Exclusive Leia, with her interchangeable arms, still seems to be a very good deal.

Look at it this way--the Sith Probe expansion had a desert base and probes and cost $25.

If they had released a 1/4 scale probe droid with desert base, I would have definitely bought it, and it might have cost more than $25 as it would be bigger.

So this should be considered a nice deal.

Seems like a good price indeed - in the end, but $275 is somewhat high to start with; or at least higher than they were.

Great news about the saber lighting-up though. :fireworks

Maul will be approximately the same price as the Obi-Wan PF, and I find them to be fairly comparable pieces.

The difference is that this time, the exclusive costs more. But I think it's worth it to pay more for an exclusive and in my opinion we should do it every time.

The Darth Maul PF is reasonably priced. I'll probably hang out on the secondary market and wait for a deal on the regular version...

Back