Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

as much as I liked the fresh idea about the paint job and the "effect" ..I now would much rather have it just black... It would still be a super cool statue with the battle damaged.. the opened up helmet...etc...

..without getting bored by the orange spray parts...

I think many like it. The problem is that we have no idea what the end result will look like. We need some production piece images.

That's really the issue here.

I do like the concept, but how well/closely that translates over into the production piece is the real question. So far, I'm not confident in Sideshow. They're hit or miss when it comes to paint app.

Now I can't get that image out of my head. Yuck. :gah:

Haha! :)

They better not make it look like that or I'll go

vicky_main.jpg

I am scared it will look more like mustard than anything else.

Can you imagine how lovely this will look displayed in a white besta.
Probably not.
Will definitely wait for the final production photos before ordering this one.
Shame the mustard on this one is not cutting it for me atm.
:(

Can you imagine how lovely this will look displayed in a white besta.
Probably not.
Will definitely wait for the final production photos before ordering this one.
Shame the mustard on this one is not cutting it for me atm.
:(

didnt thought about that.. I have also white (just because I think it makes the statues more pop out without getting lost into the dark of the black ones) .. but in this case.. I think it wont look that good.. because the statue itself with this lightening effect.. is suppose to be in a dark environment.. good thought.. dont like the thought ...

Saw this at the Con and was quite impressed by it. The pose and art direction of this piece is great. Let's hope the factory paint job will come close.

Was about to order this piece but I bought the CM Darth Vader instead.

Hopefully the glow isn't as bad as shown here.

IMG_5676.JPG

Jesus Christ... and this is their AP display?

whoever came up with this paint on reflection gimmick should not be allowed to work on another statue...didn't those guys learn anything from ultron PF disaster...

if the orange stopped at the base it will look excellent and provide great contrast with the vader darker color, as it is now looks like someone dipped the damn thing in cheetos

Last edited:

Yeah, it's definitely too much. They could've had a much nicer effect with a light-up base, IMO.

This is one I have to wait for in-hands pics on. SSC has missed a few PFs lately and something with this much complicated paint can't get a "purchase unseen" from me.

I'm hoping it works out well, but the price and paint have me holding back.

Hopefully the glow isn't as bad as shown here.

IMG_5676.JPG

That's a very washed out photo because of the flash. It's going to highlight the paint even more so. The photo I took is not using flash and representative of what it looked like.

Yeah suckers!

Josh schooled you. Hard to believe its the same piece.

Now, let's just see if an underpaid Chinese factory worker can pull that paint effect off which a master craftsman at Sideshow did on the prototype...

:panic:

I love the idea of the orange paint, but it's silly to think that the factories can pull it off.

Also, how is the cape reflecting the lava glow when it's so damn matte?? HOW!? :panic:

Looks like it's on fire. Or the guy who painted it forgot to wash his hands after all those Cheetos.

It's called "Artistic Interpretation". That's what you nuts always tell me when I dislike something. :wave

BB

I think this statue looks great. I saw it at SDCC and just looking at it made me feel like it was hot. The paint effect was really great. For $350 it seems like a great deal, lots of switch out parts and stuff. If this turns out nice in the production, I will definitely pick it up.

This is a great looking piece and Im happy I preorder.. The additional parts its a plus for me..

Back