Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

I prefer the helmeted head with clenched fist pose the best which ironically is the least mythos way to display this and actually doesn't match at all with the lava environment.

Am I alone in not being able to tell which actor is which unmasked head?

The proto looks very nice, but I am skeptical that production pieces will live up to it.

I prefer the helmeted head with clenched fist pose the best which ironically is the least mythos way to display this and actually doesn't match at all with the lava environment.

Am I alone in not being able to tell which actor is which unmasked head?

You are not alone! I actually couldn’t even tell they were the actors until I read the description. Not very good likenesses at all, but the one with the pointier nose is supposed to be Sebastian Shaw *

Last edited:

Let the orders commence!

200193_press04-001.jpg

more i look at those orange overspray paint in the photos, more i hate it. There is absolutely no reason to add them, the orange lava base and a normal weathered black cape/helmet vader is perfectly fine.

Even their official photo's orange paint above looks pretty horrible...

why sideshow why? such a nice statue otherwise.

I love the idea of the orange paint, but it's silly to think that the factories can pull it off.

Also, how is the cape reflecting the lava glow when it's so damn matte?? HOW!? :panic:

Looks like it's on fire. Or the guy who painted it forgot to wash his hands after all those Cheetos.

Is it just me or does the portrait look like Christian Bale?

I didn't realize this was going to come with an alternate helmeted portrait and switch out arms. When I saw that, I had to +1. I'm not crazy about bringing in 1/5 scale, but now that I have Vader, had to add Fett too.

I was just looking at the Sauron statue on SS and I realized it too has the orange paint effect. I just don't like it. I honestly don't believe the factories can get the same effect.

I'll wait to see production pics of course, but there are some pics where the orange overspray looks like a mess, while in others it's a little more subtle.

This piece is real 'iffy'.

I love Vader and I really wanted to love this statue, but those glow effects are really killing it for me. Not sure if this will be making it into my collection.

I was just looking at the Sauron statue on SS and I realized it too has the orange paint effect. I just don't like it. I honestly don't believe the factories can get the same effect.

The difference is Saurons glow looks a little more natural since the light is dimly bouncing off the corners in the armour (and he's three times the price).

Vadar looks like he farted while obi wan was lighting a cigar.

He is literally on fire. I assume that's what is meant to be portrayed here with the back story.

After a long hard think, I don't even think I'll wait for the in hand. I was wanting to pick one piece up from this line and right now it's still between obi-wan and Fett.

I bet someone will do a killer mod on this though.

I'd love to see you guys eat a crow the size of a turkey on this one, but I'm afraid Sideshow will need a miracle for that to happen.

:lol I will glady eat crow if this turns out like the Proto.

I'm seeing a lot of greens in there as well.

yes it is .. unfortunately.. if they would have been priced all at $250 like Maul.. I had them all on PO !

Yeah. Just make him a static statue in the dark contemplations pose, remove all the extras, including Hayden's "portrait," subdue the lava glow, price him at $250...

And sell twice as many! ;)

Now why didn't the sculptor of THIS statue sculpt the 1/6 vader?!?

It's a beautiful piece and I'd like to order this but I'll wait for the in hand pics. Just can't take the chance due to past paint application issues.

I'm afraid Sideshow has conditioned me to think this way.

I actually quite like the paint job on both this Vader and Sauron. It adds a nice dynamic touch to it.

Back