Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

That big blob of paint on the Back of the Helmet needs to go. Looks like Vader got attacked by a graffiti artist. Maybe dull down the helmet alittle to.

I don't mind the glow effect by its too much. I'll just wipe it off the Helmet or re-paint it.

If I get this only way I display it will be Him looking down at helmet...it's the pose that has one thinking about "what's going on here?"...no other pose for me...I love this piece and if it's the only Vader one owns gratz...I'm having a rough time now but this piece is dynamite and represents so much about Star Wars...I would love to have as a Mythos companion piece a Young Luke EpIV in same pose on desert sand looking down at his daddy's lightsaber that Obi-Wan gave him...It would just kill!

I love this piece and was going to order it today, but SS will not allow me to use my Valentine's day code on it. :gah: So it will have to wait. SS I'm a bargain hunter and your antics are forcing me to save my money. :pfft:

Now way would I trust Sideshow's factory paint on this one personally, just too much here that can go wrong. Hell, even with the proto there are already parts of the paint that I'm not a fan of, like the overdone orange splash on the helmet.

Hate how stilted the piece looks when holding the lightsaber too. Would definitely have to display him in one of the other configurations personally.

No, I'll wait until it hits, see how it actually turns out, and then decide. Best of luck to all who order though.

Do any of you think the orange lighting effect makes it look weird? I'm not sure how I feel about that. Otherwise, I love the statue.

I think if they had made this line 1/4. Every single piece would have sold out by now within days. 1/5 is really busting open a lot of scale/display dilemma's for people.

I really like the idea and the direction though and this Vader is tempting if they can pull off the orange glow (must be the "in" thing this year).

I'll take a breather on this til I see some pics.

Also I agree that this will need a dark background to shine , naked in a well lit detolf will look strange IMO. It's half the reason I decided against Sauron.

I agree with you. I love this statue but that orange glow stuff is ruining it for me. I really wanted this too. It would go along so great with the Obi-Wan mythos.

I ordered it. But the more I look at the pics the more messed up the paint apps look. Even the First Pic with Vader wearing helmet. The Cape looks grey, the armour/suit Dull Black. And his Helmet is Shiney Black. Looks stupid. Like someone just threw that head on. The Helmet Should match his body. I bet the Paint Artist is the same as for Sauron. SS needs to let him go.

What do you find wrong with Sauron?

I still haven't ordered Sauron. I didn't mind the glow effect as much with Sauron. But as with Vader is it necessary? Will these look good displayed behind a white wall? If the Glow Effect was more low-key it wouldn't be as big an issue. I just don't see the need for it. I can use my own light source. I have the WETA Sauron and he looks fine with out the lava effect. Like Vader for me Sauron is a must have. But I just ordered the Rubies Gollum. Found a good deal. So Suaron has to wait.

I think with Vader it gives great feel as was mentioned earlier. Much like with Sauron its part of the environment of the piece. Honestly, in person both of them feel subdued and not really all that bright. I think someones own light source has a much higher chance of looking kind of crappy than this does in a normal display.

Repost a couple of shots from comic-con

IMG_4788.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

A pic of Sauron for comparison

IMG_4544.jpg

Guarantee me his helmet will look like that, and I'll order him right up!

And I agree 100% with the helmet not matching the rest of the wear on the remainder of the figure. Looks really outta place.

I know we have plenty of *****ing and moaning around here, but in this case, I really did want to order this Vader...

:(

I still haven't ordered Sauron. I didn't mind the glow effect as much with Sauron. But as with Vader is it necessary? Will these look good displayed behind a white wall? If the Glow Effect was more low-key it wouldn't be as big an issue. I just don't see the need for it. I can use my own light source. I have the WETA Sauron and he looks fine with out the lava effect. Like Vader for me Sauron is a must have. But I just ordered the Rubies Gollum. Found a good deal. So Suaron has to wait.

Display it BEHIND any wall, and it doesn't matter how the paint application is.. :D

And his Helmet is Shiney Black. Looks stupid. Like someone just threw that head on. The Helmet Should match his body.

While I love this statue, I agree with you completely on this. It's the one way I would not display the statue, unless that helmet looks better in person than it does in the picture. It's like they decided to use the orange, which is obviously controversial, but couldn't commit themselves to it when it came to the COHelmet. Come on SS WTF! The only flaw in an otherwise awesome piece IMO. And to top it of they used lighting in one of the pictures to make it look like it had the orange highlights on it. Again WTF SS. Make the commitment would you!

Repost a couple of shots from comic-con

IMG_4788.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

A pic of Sauron for comparison

IMG_4544.jpg

Nice Pics! What a difference. They both look awesome. I'm happy now. I gotta get my Sauron order in still. Impressive. Big difference with that glow effect.

Nice Pics! What a difference. They both look awesome. I'm happy now. I gotta get my Sauron order in still. Impressive. Big difference with that glow effect.

Thanks! The great thing about comic-con is it gives me a chance to take shots and show the pieces in a more natural setting/lighting. Sauron is going to be AMAZING. :rock

Back